I think that monster will be a great wheel for comfort and heavy load - it has wider axle and moto tyre with load rating of 145 or 150kg (and speed rating of 150km/h but that is not relevant for us yet ;)

Currently im using msuper 3 and im 93kg but with backpack and winter clothe i'm definitly over 100kg - its nice ride and and very convinient in the city (i have 820 option and its around 30 km range for me) - the fact it has a trolly handle is super convinient - im using it much more often then msuper v2

That being said - monster should be even more comfort and i would switch today if it had a handle option - i comute to work everyday and easy to operate handle stops me from bying it.. 

For you the 1600 ver of the msuper v3 might be a good consideration - but it doesnt differ much in weight to monster and it comes down to price and how important the handle is

Also as of note - switching from msuper v2 to v3 - v3 feels like 16 inch after v2 its good for monuvering but v2 was more stable on straigth path - i have long strait sections on my route and would prefer stable ride - really tempting model for me is the monster but i didnt try it yet thats all just theory based on almost daily use of ninebot e (just 1 month) msuper v2 (nov 2015 -august 2016 when i switched to msuper v2 from ninebot - really liked msuper in all aspects) and msuper 3 (even though its 4 month - the milage is the same as v2 which clearly shows that i use it much more)

On 12/30/2016 at 5:02 PM, Planetpapi said:

advances on this real monster? Also this seems to be a candidate for developing into RYNO type vehicle.

The circumference of the wheel allows it to ride over irregularities more easily than smaller wheels.  It means it takes a much bigger object or hole to cause a similar destabilizing effect to the that experienced by smaller wheels over smaller objects, or holes. Of course, one could argue that lighter, more nimble wheels could be steered around said objects more easily, but it is always the hidden, or unobserved obstruction that gets all of us regularly; not always resulting in a face plant, but at least an "oh shit", accompanied by wildly flailing arms. But what do I know my 14" stops at the sight of a leaf (just Kidding).

It's neither fish-nor-fowl and expensive. The Ryno has a pretty wide wheel, like a motorcycle, so I'd guess it could handle most surfaces.  Wired give it a nice (limited) review https://www.wired.com/2014/01/ryno-electric-unicycle/.  

The downside IMHO is that it is like a very slow one-wheel electric motorcycle.  You can't carry it up stairs, it's going to require more road space, you have to sit on it (so lower visibility), it's going to require a lot of power (I recall these have 4000W motors) for safety.    If you want to sit and go fast with some safety, I think two-wheels is a minimum.   There are many gas-powered unicycles, but they are dangerous, because you could never have the high-speed, high-torque forward-back stabilization of an EUC.   It's worth it to add the extra wheel ... then you can take it up to 200mph if you want (in truth, even with leathers, if a stone or bug hits you at 200mph, it's gonna hurt).   If you really need one-wheel, you could buy a motorbike and learn to do wheelies and endos :o.

Screen Shot 2016-12-30 at 11.32.39 AM.png

2 hours ago, Planetpapi said:

Other than massive battery and humongous size, are there any significant safety advances on this real monster? Also this seems to be a candidate for developing into RYNO type vehicle.

Yes. It's got a fan ! And people say Gotway don't listen to us...

1 hour ago, Chris Westland said:

There are many gas-powered unicycles, but they are dangerous,

I thought that gas powered unicycle is just a stream punk variety. How is it possible to balance without electronics is beyond my imagination.

1 hour ago, Planetpapi said:

I thought that gas powered unicycle is just a stream punk variety. How is it possible to balance without electronics is beyond my imagination.

I don't know for the one shown, and I wouldn't suprised if this was just an unridable exhibition object, but generally the trick is to use a big enough wheel and sit close to the ground, like

44 minutes ago, Planetpapi said:

They're real and not uncommon, but nuts.  The rider's weight maintains the monocycle's orientation, but with feet and body hanging out, you'll want to contact your orthopedic surgeon in advance.

Check out Kerry McLean's Monocycle http://www.mcleanmonocycle.com/ and look at that riding style, with both feet dragging the ground ... what could possibly go wrong?

• 2 months later...

It's been a while since I posted. On March 17th, I will receive my Cobalt Blue 1600Wh Gotway Monster. It's used and it has a total kilometer usage of 216km. I tested the wheel and it's tough. It felt like I could ride it anywhere, but it took a while to get it at a good speed. I bought it in Korea for 2,000,000 won and that's about $1,749 dollars. I will post pictures and videos as soon as I get it^^

@Yashaya Yasharahla  Good for you!  I am really enjoying my Monster. I ride it almost daily through 6" of snow and across ice, up and down hills and even at -18C. So far so good. Looking forward to summer so I can get to the trails I bought it for.  Please post some pics and videos.  I think you will have fun. 

• 3 weeks later...

This is Yashaya in South Korea. So, I finally got the Gotway Monster 1600Wh. 

First impressions:

1) It's fast and powerful. 

2) It's heavier than I thought it would be. 

3) Takes a while to get it up to speed, but the wait is worthwhile. 

Some pros:

As I mentioned, it's powerful and fast. The diameter of the wheel makes me feel a lot more comfortable riding it than my previous smaller wheel and I love cruising on it. The battery is massive and only dropped 15% after riding it for about 14km. This thing has no problems at all climbing hills and it does it fast. It could be me, but I find it less noisy than my previous Kingsong? The whizzing is a lot quieter. 

Some cons:

The front light isn't ideal for riding at night as it's appears to be less luminous than my Kingsong. I feel the weight isn't evenly distributed because it wants to fall backwards (I'm assuming that the battery packs are positioned more to the back I guess). At higher speeds, I feel wobbly. Now, to be fair, it's been about 9 months or so since I've ridden an EUC so I could have lost my agility a bit while controlling it. Because of larger wheel diameter, I can't make those tighter turns I used to do-- but that's just part of this beautiful EUC. 

I'm happy with my purchase but I might hold off on upgrading the battery until I get used to the weight and turning more^^

IMG_4608.JPG

• 10 months later...

Hey Yash, long time.  I have'nt been riding the EUC so much of late, busy with work but I'm trying to get back into it.  I'm thinking about adding to my collection of one (KS-18).  Should I consider this one?  Its mighty expensive.  Worth it?  

Herb

• 1 month later...

Almost exactly a year later, I got a brand new 2400Wh Monster. 

This one is not used and I noticed on the used one I got before it had a wobbly wheel—maybe it was crashed or something. This wheel does not wobble at all. 

This wheel has a different kind of padding on the sides: it’s thinner and I like it better. I was told that the wires inside were better sealed from overheating. 

Though it’s the same model, it’s kind of a Monster 2.0 I guess. 

E35481A8-F898-4728-A4CC-EDC8D93ADC06.jpeg

And, not sure about the new firmware, but my new Monster seems like it wants to tip over every time I stand on it? It didn’t behave like this on the first iteration (2016 model). Before, I could stand on it without it tipping over, but on this new one (2017 model with new thinner padding), I MUST move forward if I stand on it...bummer :( 

29 minutes ago, Yashaya Yasharahla said:

And, not sure about the new firmware, but my new Monster seems like it wants to tip over every time I stand on it? It didn’t behave like this on the first iteration (2016 model). Before, I could stand on it without it tipping over, but on this new one (2017 model with new thinner padding), I MUST move forward if I stand on it...bummer :( 

i dont know what you exactly mean by tipping over?

Did you calibrate the wheel and also set the ride mode to „hard“? sometimes the app on every opening of the app sets back the ride mode to soft...so dont use the gotway app, until its really needed...

5 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

i dont know what you exactly mean by tipping over?

Did you calibrate the wheel and also set the ride mode to „hard“? sometimes the app on every opening of the app sets back the ride mode to soft...so dont use the gotway app, until its really needed...

I will take note of that. Thank you~ 

4 hours ago, FreeRide said:

Did you roll it back and forth first before standing on it?  Does it still do it?

I never purposely rode it back and forth without standing on it to check first. But, on the first Monster I had, I feel it’s already ready to take my weight. I can stand on it without moving and it will take my weight. This new Monster, it just won’t let me stand on it without taking off. 

I will move it back and forth first before I stand on it. I believe some of the physics perameters have changed or something. 

I don’t Iike it. 

Twisted my ankle coming off this thing because of it’s strange behavior. 

15 hours ago, Yashaya Yasharahla said:

I never purposely rode it back and forth without standing on it to check first. But, on the first Monster I had, I feel it’s already ready to take my weight. I can stand on it without moving and it will take my weight. This new Monster, it just won’t let me stand on it without taking off. 

I will move it back and forth first before I stand on it. I believe some of the physics perameters have changed or something. 

I don’t Iike it. 

It's hard to know exactly what you are experiencing, but I suspect that your wheel needs calibrating. Of the many Gotway wheels that I've purchased, there have been couple that came out-of-the-box needing calibration - the pedals were not level with the ground. This can have a noticeable affect on ride characteristics.

On 24-3-2018 at 2:59 AM, Yashaya Yasharahla said:

I don’t Iike it. 

Maybe you have to get used to the weight of the extra 800Wh battery on the left side of the wheel

Archived