Ideal charge for storage ?

Adel

I'm planning to store and maybe  rarely use my Ninebot E+ since I've upgraded to a new EUC. Is there any recommended charge level to store it at, should I just charge to about 70-80%, or should I let it go through a full charge cycle ?

Any recommendations ? Thanks !

On 26.12.2016 at 4:18 AM, Adel said:

I'm planning to store and maybe  rarely use my Ninebot E+ since I've upgraded to a new EUC. Is there any recommended charge level to store it at, should I just charge to about 70-80%, or should I let it go through a full charge cycle ?

Any recommendations ? Thanks !

70-80% is a bit much

On 26.12.2016 at 4:34 AM, Mono said:

should help. 30-50% is surely better for the battery, but be aware of self-discharging.

3,82V ~40% should be the sweetspot - did not find the batteryunivetsity article explaining that.

but in http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_store_batteries one gets a nice summary of everything to look for

I'd actually recommend to disconnect the battery from CB for longer storage as even with small current it draws at off / stand-by mode it will eventually discharge the battery beyond safe point unless you'll keep re-charging it once a while. And indeed even disconnected battery would need some top-up here and there.

Archived