They look all the same!

Jeanke

Hey. Can someone explain why all hoverboards look the same . I can't see which one is from which company and so on. I personally bought two 10" ones from two different company's and they are simmilar except the look of the wheels . So who is making what ? And what are the real company's ? Because I'm starting to think that all those so called builders/sellers are buying at the same Chinese factory .

If somebody knows names of real factory's and/or real manufactorers?

The all look the same because they are all copies of each other. They caught on when pop stars started cavorting around on stage and companies fell over each other to copy the design ASAP. They are not all made in the same factories or by the same companies although it is reasonable to assume that there are way more brand names than there are factories I.e. Several "brands" are rebadged from the same factories.

it is the reason that there are a large number of unanswered "my hover board has gone wrong how do I fix it" type questions on this site. Nobody develops any expertise because there are so many different manufacturers, and people also lose interest in them quickly, so there is no one who can answer many of those questions

Compare this with the much more useful, but less pop culture driven electric unicycles (unless you count Lewis Hamilton!) where there are a smaller number of well regarded manufacturers, users who are going dozens of miles every day on them and, as a result a huge wealth of expertise available here.

First of all my best wishes for 2017,

But then I would understand  in commercial point of view that they would put there stamp on it . A company name or a symbol.

But even that I can't find. Now I have allready four different ones . All of them bought in a different place and even one purchased aboad.

Now i opened them all to find in the inside some indication but not a little plate.

But now my question is does someone knows some manufacturers or websites of manufactures? Because all what I find looks like to be just resellers.

When you find the information you seek, what will you do with it?  You have four boards right now.  At least one should be working.  Go ride it and enjoy.  What you fear, from not knowing who made it, may never happen anyway. ?

1 hour ago, Jeanke said:

But now my question is does someone knows some manufacturers or websites of manufactures? Because all what I find looks like to be just resellers.

I think Inmotion makes hoverboards, the ones you have, probably the manufacturers don't want to be known and that is why there is no plate.

To be honest mister Smoother, All 4 are working fine. With a little difference between them in speed and turning. The kids "and me" are happy. I'm mainly driving Ninebot One E+ and since last week also the Gotway monster.

And it's just my personal curiousity that I always like to know who and what is behind the things I buy.

But I can't imagine that there aren't really serious manufactorers who aren't proud of what they are making ? And that they aren't curious about the response of there products. 

Not that i see myself as a qualified tester, there are other people who are much more experienced and qualified than me. 

So just call it curiousity

2 hours ago, steve454 said:

I think Inmotion makes hoverboards, the ones you have, probably the manufacturers don't want to be known and that is why there is no plate.

Inmotion does make hoverboards but it does not appear @Jason McNeil is carrying them in the US. There must be a specific reason (i.e: expensive cost, lack of public interest, overwhelmed with selling EUCs) although he does sell the IM Kickscooter. 

IMG_0503.JPG

As @steve454 said, they probably don't want you too know who they are.  They've sold their boards and washed their hands of them. Anyone tying to find them is probably bad for them,  because they are probably making beach chair now, or drones, and don't want to be bothered with pesky questions about spare parts and warranties and law suits about some quick money spinner they jumped on when the fad was huge.

enjoy your Monster, and give us a report on how it is to ride.

I wondered about the question too and I read an interesting article about it last year. There were literally thousands of little mom and pop shops "making" hoverboards in Shenzhen at the peak of the craze. There was a lively market built up around this, selling control boards, outer shells, even the boxes to pack them in. And some companies would just buy stock from many others for export. That's why you can't tell what you have - even if the hoverboards look the same (and box and the manual look the same) they may be different inside. I wish I could find that article, it was highly interesting. 

• 1 month later...

They all look the same , they are copies of each others. There internal circuitry and manufacturer are also different.

Why we are are interested in manufacturers. Just Go ride it and enjoy.

Hoverboard manufacturer rectified the faults of previous units & released UL certified models.

Enjoy your monster!! 

On 25/12/2016 at 6:53 PM, Jeanke said:

Hey. Can someone explain why all hoverboards look the same . I can't see which one is from which company and so on. I personally bought two 10" ones from two different company's and they are simmilar except the look of the wheels . So who is making what ? And what are the real company's ? Because I'm starting to think that all those so called builders/sellers are buying at the same Chinese factory .

If somebody knows names of real factory's and/or real manufactorers?

Hoverboard which are in the markets, manufacturing company name is mention on it. in this year , new swagtron T5 hoverboard of segway now coming in the market.

swagtron T5 coming up with the new additional features,

Hoverboard manufacturer has finally rectified there old model faults and as I read an article on  ETN, Segway coming up with new swagtron T5 hoverboard with Additional features.Checkout the price, specification and what are the additional features added. And company name is also mention on the Hoverboard. So now there is no confusion, which company manufactures  the hoverboard.

Archived