8 hours ago, Tim Koffler said:

Yeah, so Jason McNeil helped with the error in the directions.  Plug it in to the wall first and it will work.  Thanks Jason!

So now that you can actually ride... how do you feel about the v8?

14 hours ago, Bram said:

Well it's advertised as a 480wh battery, I'm curious if that's true. If someone already checked that I'd love to read up on it :) 

The times when Producers are to "optimistic" (or faking) batterie capacity are fortunatly over...at least on the well reputated brands like KS, GW, Inmotion etc...

Here they are using the

LG INR18650MH1 or the

Pana NCR18650BD

both are rated at 10Amps and a capacity of 3200mah....Doing the math it is 20cells * 2(paralell) * 3,7Volt * 3200mah = 473Watthours!

i dont know why they are not using the LG MJ1 with 3500mah...that would give the wheel a Little more capacity of about 520wh...

But this cell is more expensive and harder to get....

5 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

i dont know why they are not using the LG MJ1 with 3500mah...that would give the wheel a Little more capacity of about 520wh...

Volume pricing is comparable, but the MH1s have superior performance, which is especially important in the 32-40 cell packs.

MJ1s are hard to source, KS & GW use the GA in their high capacity Wheels. But don't get too carried by the nameplate capacity, look at the actual capacity under a 'moderate' 5A load between the two cells, the MH1 has the edge, & would be even more pronounced in the 10A range.

http://www.dampfakkus.de/akkuvergleich.php?akku1=609&akku2=537&akku3=0&akku4=0&akku5=0&akku6=0

uc?export=view&id=0B-WCZQc2gfJjU29adWFLa

13 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Volume pricing is comparable, but the MH1s have superior performance, which is especially important in the 32-40 cell packs.

Don't get too carried by the nameplate capacity, look at the actual capacity under a 'moderate' 5A load between the two cells, the MH1 has the edge, & would be even more pronounced in the 10A range.

http://www.dampfakkus.de/akkuvergleich.php?akku1=609&akku2=537&akku3=0&akku4=0&akku5=0&akku6=0

uc?export=view&id=0B-WCZQc2gfJjU29adWFLa

Sorry, my opinion is a bit different :-)

All this cells, the LG MJ1, MH1, and Pana GA are all very well known for their bad Performance over 3 Amp...there curves did not make any notable difference...and they all Play in the same league

As coming from the vaping world and now playing since 4 years with high draw capable 18650 ...In my opinion the best for our wheels would be to use

the Sony VTC4(30A), LG HG2(20A) or Samsung 30Q(15A).....in this sequence-especially on a wheel like the V8, which only has 2 parallel Systems (2x20) to share amperage!

comparison curve on 5Amp...for 10Amp that would even look way better:

http://www.dampfakkus.de/akkuvergleich.php?akku1=537&akku2=608&akku3=609&akku4=586&akku5=592&akku6=0

Unfortunatly These batteries are really a bit  more expensive ( or a lot->Sony VTC6)

The russians had done this Dynamo/treadmill test....there has been a customized V8 with 30Q batteries....i dont have it exactly but as i remember it correctly with the 30Q the V8 was able to give a a half or a full KW more power....

When i look at my GW V3 16S4P (with Pana GA) and that crazy amperage ( upto 120Amp)that Gotway is drawing from the batteries, i fear that the batteries in my wheel will not last very Long. KS and Inmotion seam to be going a better way as they seam to optimize efficency and did not draw such hefty amps...at least i did not experience such draws on my KS18 1200W

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

When i look at my GW V3 16S4P (with Pana GA) and that crazy amperage ( upto 120Amp)that Gotway is drawing from the batteries, i fear that the batteries in my wheel will not last very Long

Zlymex recorded the true current & the purported output by the GW App & found the GW App is inflating the figures by 110%!! That 120A is actually more like 50A.

In a side-by-side test with some of the best performing cells (30Q & HG2), the MH1 stands up very well, suffering only a 10% additional voltage dip over most of the discharge curve but has the best Ah rating among them.

The Russian Dyno results spins up a static load, it's good for describing the peak power, such as accelerating up a hill for a very short period, but doesn't really give the full picture...

592-10A.png

22 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Zlymex recorded the true current & the purported output by the GW App & found the GW App is inflating the figures by 110%!! That 120A is actually more like 50A.

In a side-by-side test with some of the best performing cells (30Q & HG2), the MH1 stands up very well, suffering only a 10% additional voltage dip over most of the discharge curve but has the best Ah rating among them.

The Russian Dyno results spins up a static load, it's good for describing the peak power, such as accelerating up a hill for a very short period, but doesn't really give the full picture...

592-10A.png

Hmmh,

this curves proves me right in my opinion....

When you see the batterie sag on the first half or better 3/4....thats massive! or? the mh1 is even the worst of all!

And yeah...nice..the MH1 is giving some more mah ....but only when under 3.00 volt...where our wheels are then in limp mode.

if you look at 3 volts they all meet there, having the same capacity on 10a even as the other cells are smaller capacity rated!

dont get me wrong...the MH1 is as good as the MJ1 or GA...but nothing better.

All those cells are known for their "relativly bad" high draw behaviour....thats laying in their chemical structure!

that the wheellog/GW is showing to much amp draw is nice to know...i missed that, Sorry!

even then i would say that from my experience the batterie sag and amperage draw on the GW is a at least a good way higher than on my other wheels ive had...

With half batterie, i can get the GW 820wh to sag so much, that the 10-20%Alarm triggers!

Sure, this can also be false, when the batt meter is not correct....but in the end..i would guess even just from the power/batterie needed and range that i experienced that there is a bit of truth behind my thoughts...

I really would love to see a "real high capacity" and just a little bit more powerful wheel from Inmotion....as long as this is not happening... i stick to KS...as GW in summary is just to bad quality "over all". Really High performance wheel....but as long as they didnt set up their QS ....in the next days i will set up a final comparement of Ks18 and Gw v3 on my V3 review.

17 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

When you see the batterie sag on the first half or better 3/4....thats massive! or? the mh1 is even the worst of all!

Perhaps, but there's only four samples in that test which include 20A discharge cells... We know that this artificial continual discharge is not what an Electric Unicycle pulls, but is better characterized in a Peukert curve, in which case the minimum voltage equilibrium of the MH1 will probably stay within the usable +3v range longer than the others under test.

peukert.gif   

15 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

@Jason McNeil Will you be stocking the Charge Doctor for the V5F+ as well? If so can I preorder on your site for both the V8 and V5F+?

Yep, all four varieties will be of the duo input types: with the 3-pin GX12 connector (1st V8s), 4-pin GX12 (2nd V8s), proprietary USB Inmotion connectors & 3-pin GX16.

3 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Yep, all four varieties will be of the duo input types: with the 3-pin GX12 connector (1st V8s), 4-pin GX12 (2nd V8s), proprietary USB Inmotion connectors & 3-pin GX16.

Excellent! When will the chargers be posted on your website?

Archived