ACM16 84v (1300wh)

The new ACM16 84v (1300wh) looks really interesting especially if one likes the 16" wheel and does not really like the 18" or 22".  

Saw it listed as In Stock at myfunwheel.biz.  

Only thing is the standard ACM looks so great in matte black, but this enhanced version has the ugly white side-panels.  No idea why they would stick to this ugly look for their top models.

Does anyone here have one of these new wheels?

40 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I love my ACM so much. This new version is very tempting for me. Gotway is really churning out the new models.

This one is very tempting for me also. While i am tempted to get a light portable 16 incher like V8, beinga heavy rider, i am shying away from smaller batteries and weaker motors, and finding my comfort zone in the 800wh + range and 1200w+ to ensure sufficient safety margin. Hope this one is maneuverable enough to justify a new purchase after the msuper. One thing that is always a wild card for me is the axles. Common sense dictates that i wait and get more statistics on this new baby, but the child in me is anxious to pull the trigger

I love the battery and voltage, but it's a little bit too thick for me. I use my 16" wheel for city riding and tucking it under chairs at a restaurant. The current ACM is just small enough to do that, the extra thickness is a bit of a turn off. Would love to see someone redesign the BMS and get the same battery/voltage into the smaller ACM shell.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I don't like cruising between 25 and 35 km/h so much, it doesnt feel really worth it for me, I rather stay below 25 km/h for general use. Especially I will mostly keep in the 20-25 km/h range with a GW wheel if you know what I mean... ;) But on some occasion I just want to go fast and am wearing heavy protection I would like the ability to go at least 40 km/h!

Many car roads in the central of the city will be usable early in the morning (or late night) for me going to work when there's no traffic, or going to the 24h gym in the middle of the night I do now and then.. Also many other smaller car roads a bit outside of the city with basically no traffic ever and very low speed limit will be OK to borrow for a minute and nobody will ever know! Or gravel roads in the forest if there are no people in the way.. But now I always have to go through ice, snow, bumps, potholes, curbs etc. on bicycle lanes and sidewalks.. But it's not so bad after all, just a little slower! Even with no cars in sight, at 20-25 km/h it's just better to stay in the bikelanes at all times like you should!! I've learned that some car eventually manages to appear out of nowhere and catch up so I don't even try it anymore. 45 km/h should do the trick though, like a moped that speed can be used to avoid cars completely on smaller roads here, even 35 km/h is too slow. That's why I'm considering this instead of the KS16S. I don't mean constantly riding on the road that is ill advised of course and probably not very law abiding, at least after laws are put in place where you need a registration plate for this speed. But in the meantime it could be nice to use some small parts of car road when the streets are free of cars at odd hours, responsibly.

I also like the big battery, especially during the colder months here it would be nice to have the extra range, or otherwise use a charge doctor and still have great range left! But in my experience I would strongly recommend to go for an 18" size if you want to go faster than 30 km/h all the time on bicycle paths etc. Really anything less than perfectly smooth ground or any paths you don't know very well inside and out or bad lighting etc.. 16" is not so safe at higher speeds, sooner or later you hit that unforseen bump or something and you'll be greatful you had an 18"er if you go that fast! But no wheel is very safe above 30 km/h IMO due to various reasons, but at least the 18" will handle bumps much better between 30-40 km/h for sure.

If I had the older ACM I'd probably not upgrade to this unless I really needed more range, because 16" is still better suited for 20-30 km/h and the old model can do that speed easily and is still a great buy. It's older and seems to have less problems reported than the newer stuff coming out of that factory lately... But this 84V ACM does have higher top speed, right? Or is it still 35 km/h like the older 67.2V model before it starts beeping at 36 km/h? I sold my 18" Msuper v3 (820Wh 67.2V version) because I'm looking for better portability, higher speed and more range than that, even though it was really stable and comfortable, I miss it a bit now actually.

Archived