KS16 Beep, and show 4 red LEDs

Gerri

I've never heard of this particular error but wild guess would be controller or motor / Hal sensors (or connections to those). What happened with the wheel prior this error? Have you tried to take cover off and check the motor / sensors multiplug? Have you tried to disconnect battery for several minutes to see if the board re-sets?

On 24.8.2016 at 7:32 PM, RenaissanceMan said:

(*) Km measured by Kingsong :-)

This was my last ride for a while: starting with the odometer reading 1003 km, real distance of today's ride 15km (Kingsong app shows 19km), flat terrain, asphalt and gravel paths with the occasional bump and a few short steep climbs at bridges crossing over the highway, firmware 1.18B, battery level starting at 80%, 63V  finishing at 63%, 60V (idling), pedal setting player's mode, max speed 22km/h, riding time 1:30h, KS temperature starting from 34°C and finishing at 46°C, rider's weight 85kg. I used runtastic Pro and WheelLog 1.4.2 to record the ride as well as snapshots from the latest Kingsong android app.

Luckily, everything went well during the ride. When I finally sat down at a bench at my destination as usual I lay the wheel down on one side and started checking the recordings on the smartphone. The wheel beeped 5 times and went silent, as usual. Then I noticed that the Wheellog recording had already stopped which normally it does not until I press the logging icon. When I'd finished taking screenshots I reached for the power on/off button to switch off the KS16. But it did not. One long push at the button and the green LEDs indicating battery level just didn't stop glowing. Another long push at the button, nothing changed, the green LEDs were still glowing. It just would not switch off. After another few unsuccessful attempts I decided to pull the wheel in its limp condition to the car, trolley bar extended. And there, while pulling the limp KS16, it revived suddenly and jumped ahead and back, really frightening and beeping all the time. Then I tried the switch off button again and this time it worked. The wheel went limp (no balancing), the beeping stopped and the LED lights went off.

After some experimenting I can now reproduce the following behaviour. When the wheel is laying on one side and I turn it on, it starts beeping and on each side four read LEDs go on (see the picture). When I push the on/off button again, it goes silent and the LEDs go off, the wheel appears to be powered off.

When I turn the wheel on in an upright position, it starts spinning with great power either forwards or backwards and then suddenly changes direction until I turn it off (see the movie).

I talked to Scooterhelden in Berlin and their first guess was a defect gyro but I'll have to sent it in for them to take a closer look. Too bad, just as the summer started coming back :-(

I learned euc riding on this KS16 so it certainly had taken a few crashes but not within the last month or so. This was the first and only defect so far. Luckily, it showed up only after the ride and not during ... Being a defensive rider and also getting better over time the last crash was at least one month ago. Of course, it could be that a crash some long time ago had damaged some component that finally broke down today but that's speculation. Let's see what the autopsy will uncover.

S2620016-s.jpg

On 23.12.2016 at 9:32 PM, Gerri said:

Hello Wheelies My KS16 Shows after switching on 4 LEDs crosses and beeps continuously, and Serial number is no longer displayed in the app . Can anyone tell me what error message that is?

Like this (see above)?

In my case it could be repaired by repeated, persistent attempts of updating to the latest firmware (then 1.22) by my reseller. No hardware was exchanged and the KS-16 seems to be running fine since then. I have no explanation for the cause of failure.

• 2 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 4:32 AM, Gerri said:

Hello Wheelies My KS16 Shows after switching on 4 LEDs crosses and beeps continuously, and Serial number is no longer displayed in the app . Can anyone tell me what error message that is?

Hi Geri

I have the same problem with my brand new KS-16S. What was the solution in your case?

I am sorry to catch You in the situation that You in fact have problem, however You seems to be first person with KS16S in hand. Can You tell us what is KS16S weight?  Also - does it have brighter front/back lights? any other noticeable differences (if You had the occasion to compare to regular KS16...) 

Archived