Gotway 10 "mten" - Hardware Versions Change Log

I wanted to start a version control change log of the versions of the Gotway 10 (aka mten).  Not a big deal for this model but good to have a definitive source.

Mten - released ~ Summer 2014

• Geared motor - 3 planetary gears around a central high speed DC motor
  • Clicking power button. 
  • Series 1 control board
  • No BT.  (BT board was not yet installed)
  • Non-adjustable warning beeps
  • Flat Pedals
  • Shell type 1 (specific shell for original Mten)
  • Shell colors: solid white, solid black, carbon white, carbon black, camoflauge
  • Battery options: 260wh, 340wh
  • Tire type 1, uses inner tube

Mten2 - released ~ April 2015

• Hub motor - Brushless DC
  • Momentary power button.
  • Series 2 control board
  • BT
  • Adjustable warning beeps (first 2 stages)
  • Flat pedals. (Notched Pedals starting ~July 2015)
  • Shell type 2 (specific for Mten2)
  • Shell colors: carbon black
  • Battery options: 260wh, 340wh
  • Tire type 2 (directional tread) and type 3 (non-directional tread), tubeless and does NOT use inner tube

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On Tuesday, December 15, 2015 at 9:21 PM, dranreb said:

Gimlet, is there a difference between the two (Type2 vs Type3 tire)?  Mine is the same as the one on the left. Do you have an issue when riding it and trying to turn left

but the wheel wants to go right? 

I've found no difference in the two tyres whilst riding them.

The wheel is off centre if you measure from the wheel rim each side to the pedals so that could be causing your problem. You could check by riding it the other way around to see if you turn the other way.

The internals can be fitted either way around and my two are built differentry so that one has the wheel offset left and the other is offset to the right and to be honest it makes no noticable difference to me.

On December 15, 2015 at 1:21 PM, dranreb said:

Gimlet, is there a difference between the two (Type2 vs Type3 tire)?  Mine is the same as the one on the left. Do you have an issue when riding it and trying to turn left

but the wheel wants to go right? 

Mine pulls to the right due to tire tread. @dranreb I'd like to try out your men with those tires. Gotway no longer carries those tires.

With the padding, you can manage to compensate for any directional tendencies through your foot placement and shin pressure.  But switching from the msuper to the mten always trips me up due to the significant difference in handling and power.

Archived