Received my Inmotion V8 from ewheels

rdalcanto

19 hours ago, Mono said:

It's probably because you didn't go slowly. With closed eyes, it is much harder to adjust balancing to different speeds, because you have no direct input information what your actual speed is. In particular switching forward to backward I find much more difficult with closed eyes.

Yes, speed control was a bit of a problem.  Wind in the face helped, and motor/ tyre noise helped too.  Also the road surface can give clues; bricked, tiled etc all create rhythmic aural patterns  and sometimes vibrations, that aid speed awareness. It was really cool.  Having said that, I don't think I could possibly have done it when I was a newbie; even looking to one side would almost make me crash. So visual Input was a must back then.  But once one become one with the art of wheeling, you can look wherever you want and still sail on forwards as if on rails (rail).  But you all knew that. I'll shut up now.

oh yeah, switching forward to backward.  Naha! I ain't going there.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Smoother said:

you can look wherever you want and still sail on forwards as if on rails (rail).

yeah, looking around is quite a basic exercise as well, and not as simple as one might would think. On difficult manoeuvres I still can't do it.

On 1/1/2017 at 3:47 PM, Mono said:

The reason might actually be the charger: my V8 charges regardless which side of the charger I plug first. I have the "default generic" 1.5A charger.

I have the fast charger from Jason.

Archived