GotWay New 10 inch Luffy

52 minutes ago, CC wheeler said:

http://s.aliexpress.com/BFBjYzii

Different spec same design. This has been in aliexpress for probably at least one month. Did Gotway adopt the design or some sort of partership maybe?

@Linnea Lin Gotway was saying (on FB) that it's the same shell but different motor and electronics. Hope she can confirm that here again.

4 hours ago, OliverH said:

Could be the reason for this horrible pedals. Just an OEM deal to fill the gap? Just put in a GW PCB..

Seems logical.  There must be a market for these that Gotway recognizes from their earlier product.  

39 minutes ago, Linnea Lin Gotway said:

Yes, just the same in shell, but other spec. are not the same, expecially mainboard.

If Gotway is using an existing shell to bring down the cost (and eventually the price), I am okay and happy about it. But the other one from aliexpress has a 430Wh version while the Gotway version has only 200Wh max. Althought we may have a doubt on the actual capacity of the other one, it seems Gotway is only fitting half the number of cells in the shell (probably a 16s instead of a 16s2p?). Is it because Gotway is using the existing available Gotway battery packs and electronics without any customization work? A new Gotway 10inch wheel is very attractive and practical to me. But having only 200Wh is a little disappointing. In a 10inch wheel, 200Wh can't really bring you too far. 

14 hours ago, OliverH said:

Could be the reason for this horrible pedals. Just an OEM deal to fill the gap? Just put in a GW PCB..

The pedals look indeed like a deal breaker, at least for adults. 

2 hours ago, John Eucist said:

What's wrong with the pedals? It's got the same floor to pedal clearance as the Mten1 and Mten2. Or is it the "V" shape you don't like?

AFAICS they are super-short.

These

seem to be larger, aren't they? 

4 hours ago, Mono said:

AFAICS they are super-short.

These

seem to be larger, aren't they? 

Yeah I guess the Mten1 pedals do scrape the ground. That was my Mten1 in the video btw (and I shot the vid). I thought that you thought the pedal height of this "luffy" is lower than Mten1 & 2. I measured my Mten2 to be 100mm (I didn't measure my Mten1 because it's in Shenzhen and I'm in Hong Kong right now. Well the @Linnea Lin Gotway measured the luffy and said it's 107mm. The spec sheet on this thread says 100mm. Not sure if that's really the case as I haven't measured the real thing myself.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there any new information on these?  Has anyone received one?  I see them on Speedyfeet's website now but have not found an english review.  Would this be a slower, lighter alternative to an IPS Zero?  Or is is more of a short range toy?  The >400 WH available battery makes me think it was intended to be ridden for significant distances (true 10 km or more at a time?).  Would it be silly to try to ride this 10 km?  

Archived