Newegg.com Ninebot One C+ $399 with Free Shipping

I think it has a little weaker motor so it doesn't go as fast, but it's pretty close I think.  It's a weird one since otherwise it's identical to the E+ I think?  If I recall it came out earlier than the E+ so maybe they decided to do a slight motor upgrade without re-engineering the whole wheel.  Just speculating, but maybe C was for China and E for Europe rider weights hence the need for a more powerful motor?  I think the motherboards may be different as well as you likely can't just swap an E+ controller into a C+, but the batteries apparently are the same.  My NB1E+ was just $50 more, and that was a sweet deal from @FORWARD california (RIP!) that @SuperSport posted way back when.

19 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I was wondering why there has been an influx of new people with Ninebot One C+'s coming in, and low and behold, Newegg,com has them on sale for $399!

That seems like the perfect learner wheel, good quality, 16 inch tire, unbeatable price.  I would probably have been just as satisfied with a C+ as my E+, since I only hit 12.5 mph occasionally, and hardly ever ride more than an hour at one time.  @Hunka Hunka Burning Love you got a screaming deal with that special edition E+.

Well, after import fees and shipping, it came out to be closer to $800 CDN ($600 USD), but it was still cheaper than buying in Canada where the pricing was over $1000 CDN.  I'm usually riding at about 20-22 kph (13 mph) so riding the tiltback gets a little slow for me.  Going from my generic to 22 KPH was a blast though as that one you could only do about 12 kph before tiltback at around 14 kph.  

I'd love to get an ACM16 some day as it seems an all around winner in terms of size, weight, speed, climbing ability and range.  Quality control is a little worrisome, but not many people seem to be having problems with it lately after the new 12 MOSFET board switch over at the factory.  The PC computer case shell design is :rolleyes:, but I can live with it.  It's strange that no one seems to mention the 14" Gotway MCM4 any more.  That was a nice wheel too I thought.

Yup, got my 9B1 from New Egg.  Excellent price for a first wheel.

I took it outside for first time today.  Tried to ride while my daughter enjoyed her hoverboard Christmas gift.  

Oh boy, learning to ride these things are extremely difficult for me.  After first 30minutes outside, I was questioning why I even bought the thing especially something I can not ride.  But I kept at it.  Still not graceful on it but I can go straight for 100 feet and stop without falling or dropping the wheel.  I'll go out later and work on unassisted mounting.

Baby steps....

Merry Christmas everyone...

Big smiles right now. Daughter and I just got back from 2nd outing.  I actually made complete circles around large playground.  Also started several times with no assist.

I still got along way to go, but oh boy I am really happy right now.  Another month or so, I hope to be proficient.  Won't ride to work (too far) but will ride at lunch time to grab some food.  And of course on weekends.

Archived