Hy @Paco Gorina

i tested the new version on multiple runs....and I have to say the "speed alarm" feature works flawless to me! The vibration could be stronger.....but I don't know if that's possible...

congrats and Thousand thanks again for doing such a great work for the EUC community...

Some flaws:

i don't get what you mean with the "my wheels"  selector....i don't see any

I connect to my Ks18 and often I have to start to set thesettings again....they are not remembered...

also: to get the "options " wheel in the left down corner to react for a tap....is a Pain in ....PITA

Iphone 6 plus here....it seams I have to click the exact ONE pixel....

also: there are all these "ninebot uuid" things that makes no sense For us other wheel owners

And if you ask me: these "recalibration " feature is nice, but a bit overambitiius....

Me personally: i would prefer different steps of vibration alarms...:first one like it is...

perhaps a second if you go over 5kmh over set speed....vibration flipping out or some other idea :-)

Dont get me wrong....with these small critic...

best EUC app nowadays!!!!

2 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

i don't get what you mean with the "my wheels"  selector....i don't see any

Thanks for your tests. 

At the bottom of the settings screen must  be a My Wheels button. The idea is :

- Connect with the wheel, When the connection is done (the square stops rotating) it gets stored.  Will test with a KS16 next week. It is always difficult to manage different brands and models as the connection code is different for every brand.

When you are in settings after connecting at least once the MyWheels button must open the list.

THE IMPORTANT POINT IS THAT THE SQUARE MUST STOP ROTATING. If it does not stop some part of the connection protocol is not complete for the KS 18. May you confirm?

I connect to my Ks18 and often I have to start to set thesettings again....they are not remembered...

also: to get the "options " wheel in the left down corner to react for a tap....is a Pain in ....PITA

Iphone 6 plus here....it seams I have to click the exact ONE pixel....

I don't understand. Settings are remembered automatically and the settings wheel is in the Gyrometrics screen. I have tested with a iPhone 6Plus and have no problem touching it. Just touch over the sprocket.

also: there are all these "ninebot uuid" things that makes no sense For us other wheel owners

I changed Ninebot to Bluetooth. The UUID is important for knowing what we are connection to.

And if you ask me: these "recalibration " feature is nice, but a bit overambitiius....

I should work. The idea is that it updates with every run, But if you have stored some just tapping Recalculate Calibration will updte from old runs. Anyway your wheel must be remembered or it will not work. As I said, will test it with the Kingson next week but with the Kingsong should be very interesting. The KS16 had a 20% error in distances. You may always disconnect "Enable Connections". 

Me personally: i would prefer different steps of vibration alarms...:first one like it is...

perhaps a second if you go over 5kmh over set speed....vibration flipping out or some other idea :-)

Ufff. Vibration is a bit difficult with Apple, They don't like continuous vibration and don't have different settings. Don't know how to make different ones. There is some possibility with the new iPhones and the Haptig Engine. Will see. Perhaps two vibrations very near or beginning with a longer perio between vibrations and reducing it...

Dont get me wrong....with these small critic...

best EUC app nowadays!!!!

Thanks again. Tests are very important!!!

The speed in the files is OK.

I have noticed two new features in GM. "Recalculate calibration" and "Enable corrections". But the purpose of these functionalities is unclear.

If I understand well

• clicking 'recalculate calibration' will make the app analysing every recorded trip in order to calculate a display factor;
  • enabling 'enable corrections' will have the app continuously recalculate calibration when new logs are created.

Am I right ?

Considering the second, if I am right, it could be problematic because bad quality logs (ie without reliable GPS info, like when you ride in an underground car park) could be taken into account and inappropriately alter the display ratio.

Edited by Gil

4 hours ago, Gil said:

The speed in the files is OK.

I have noticed two new features in GM. "Recalculate calibration" and "Enable corrections". But the purpose of these functionalities is unclear.

If I understand well

• clicking 'recalculate calibration' will make the app analysing every recorded trip in order to calculate a display factor;
  • enabling 'enable corrections' will have the app continuously recalculate calibration when new logs are created.

Am I right ?

Considering the second, if I am right, it could be problematic because bad quality logs (ie without reliable GPS info, like when you ride in an underground car park) could be taken into account and inappropriately alter the display ratio.

1.- The speed in the files is in m/s so if in the file says 14 means 50,4 km/h

2.- Not exactes. Recalculate calibration works as you say. Incorporating new logs is automàtic. Probably need a second pass. Actually what it does is compare GPS distance to Wheel distance and execute a least square for a line passing through the origin.

I will add a new bad data rejection > Computes a first fit, and then eliminates the logs that are too far away from the fit and recomputes the fit once again. Also data without GPS data will be omitted, for example in your track at the beginning. That will be available in next version.

Enable corrections just affects presenting data. Data is stored with the original values. It just applies the correction when presenting the data., If the switch is off no correction is applied.

The program computes corrections to distance and speed. For the speed it computes the integral of the speed and compares it with the GPS Distance.

What that means for the V8 error is that the calibration should  correct it automatically. I have analyzed tha data you sent and >

Distance seems ok

Speed is too much as the integral (you may see it in the graph, select all and do a double tap and is de Dist, 1.58 km) is too high. When 1.58 / 0.44 is 3.59 which is the missing factor.

Of course will change it for next version which will be available next week as I must check some problems with KingSong detection.

It is now crystal clear. Thank you very much for those explanations. The 3.6 factor made me believe that the speed was OK in the log as I thought it was in km/h (and km/h = m/s X 3.6). Coincidence.

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

I've only used the 9BMetrics once with my V8. 

I ride about 6.7 miles in about 35 minutes.  

Can someone interpret this readout from my ride?

IMG_2989.PNG

Interesting question for @Paco Gorina ... I just turned my on V8 to see if Gyrometrics would link up, and it did without hesitation (in fact it has screens for both my IPS Zero and V8 when they are both on).  But I don't know how to interpret the screen (note, I haven't even mounted the V8 at the time of this screenshot)

IMG_4525.PNG

Edited by Chris Westland
  • Upvote 1

On 1/27/2017 at 9:04 PM, abinder3 said:

I've only used the 9BMetrics once with my V8. 

I ride about 6.7 miles in about 35 minutes.  

Can someone interpret this readout from my ride?

IMG_2989.PNG

You almost reached 100 km/h. Congratulations ;-)

Thrust-SSC_1682878i.jpg

I used it again this past Friday and this is what it showed:

(I don't know what all of the info means though.)

Is the speed the average ?

( I'm very sure my average speed was much more than that.)

IMG_2992.PNG

From the Inmotion app:

IMG_3002.PNG

Edited by abinder3
Added content

Hi I am looking for people with diverse wheels (Ninebot, Gotway, Kingsong and InMotion) to start a beta program for Gyrometrics and check all values. 

It is interesting to have different wheel brands and models.

Anyone interested send me directly the e-mail because I must put you in the TestFlight program from Apple. You would receive then an invitation to join it.

Hi, I have tested the beta V3. It works fine with my V8. Some details that does not really matter because the app is, anyway, already fantastic :

• the pitch, roll and T° remain at zero
  • some mix of French (Vitesse, Batterie, etc.) and English (Pitch, Roll, etc.) in different screens.

This is a list to help you completing the translation but, concerning me, I would prefer just... English... 

Samples --> Echantillons
New run --> Nouveau parcours
Refresh time --> Délai de rafraîchissement
Graphic Dashboard --> Tableau de bord graphique
Block Sleep --> Empêcher veille
Speed alarm --> Alerte de vitesse
Battery alarm --> Alerte de batterie
Password --> Mot de passe
Label --> Nom
Recalculate calibration --> Recalibrer
Enable corrections --> Activer corrections
Delete Bluetooth UUID --> Effacer l'UUID Bluetooth
My wheels --> Mes roues
Today --> Aujourd'hui

Incredible work @Paco Gorina. Thank you!

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Gil said:

Hi, I have tested the beta V3. It works fine with my V8. Some details that does not really matter because the app is, anyway, already fantastic :

• some mix of French (Vitesse, Batterie, etc.) and English (Pitch, Roll, etc.) in different screens.

This is a list to help you completing the translation but, concerning me, I would prefer just... English... 

Samples --> Echantillons
New run --> Nouveau parcours
Refresh time --> Délai de rafraîchissement
Graphic Dashboard --> Tableau de bord graphique
Block Sleep --> Empêcher veille
Speed alarm --> Alerte de vitesse
Battery alarm --> Alerte de batterie
Password --> Mot de passe
Label --> Nom
Recalculate calibration --> Recalibrer
Enable corrections --> Activer corrections
Delete Bluetooth UUID --> Effacer l'UUID Bluetooth
My wheels --> Mes roues
Today --> Aujourd'hui

Incredible work @Paco Gorina. Thank you!

Thanks, will change the translations. It is difficult to please everybody :)  Problem is language is selected by the system according to the preferences in the general settings of the iPhone and I am not able to make an option, Same for units. In American iPhones should present yd, mi, ºF, ft instead of m, km and ºC.

With Pitch and Roll I have a big problem. Translations (at least to Catalan and Castillian) just "don't feel good". There are terms from aeronautic industry. So I decided to let them as they are. 

12 hours ago, Gil said:

In InMotion I don't receive Pitch and Roll (as far as I know.) so I let them at 0

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Paco Gorina said:

It is difficult to please everybody :)

That is why I was writing that English would be largely enough. I provided translations to help you if you would decide to finish translations. But you will enter in a nightmare everytime a new word will appear in GyroMetrics.

1 hour ago, Paco Gorina said:

With Pitch and Roll I have a big problem. Translations (at least to Catalan and Castillian) just "don't feel good". There are terms from aeronautic industry.

This is the case in French also : tangage and roulis are used for planes and ships but are adequate. They are also used for cars, trains, etc. so, why not EUCs ? ;-).

• Upvote 1

4 runs in good GPS conditions. With this version, the correction factor is displayed correctly and is 1.02. Your default factor is then excellent. 1.02 is normal as I inflate the wheel at 3.6 bars and, anyway, 2% is negligible.

4 hours ago, Gil said:

4 runs in good GPS conditions. With this version, the correction factor is displayed correctly and is 1.02. Your default factor is then excellent. 1.02 is normal as I inflate the wheel at 3.6 bars and, anyway, 2% is negligible.

Perfect will les it as what it is now then 

On 1/15/2017 at 0:51 AM, Gil said:

Hi @Paco Gorina, I tested gyrometrics with my Inmotion V8.

The log that is generated seems to contain the right speed but the display of speed on the app is around 3 times the real speed. It then triggers alarms as the app displays high speeds (50 km/h) on the app ! Though, the speed is correct in speed.csv.

Temp, pitch and roll are not displayed.

20170114_234557 - Copy.9bz

Hi @Paco Gorina,

I also have a V8 and gives me the same speed difference than @Gil as soon as i start to move speed gets sky high and the vibration alarm on the phone is always on... is it possible to adjust the speed based on the gps speed for instance? (by the way i have an Iphone 6)

How shall i do it?

By the way couldn't resist the temptation and got myself a second hand apple watch so i can easily get the battery and speed from my V8.

Thank you for your amazing work on this app, really appreciated is even more amazing that you made it work with multiple brands.

Saludos,

Pedro 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, TechShizzle said:

I noticed the Apple Watch app shows kph and C , even though I'm in the US. Is this a result of the Apple Watch app and will be updated when the Watch app is updated, or a bug?

I have not updated the AppleWatch app. Must do it f course

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Noillek said:

Hi @Paco Gorina,

I also have a V8 and gives me the same speed difference than @Gil as soon as i start to move speed gets sky high and the vibration alarm on the phone is always on... is it possible to adjust the speed based on the gps speed for instance? (by the way i have an Iphone 6)

How shall i do it?

By the way couldn't resist the temptation and got myself a second hand apple watch so i can easily get the battery and speed from my V8.

Thank you for your amazing work on this app, really appreciated is even more amazing that you made it work with multiple brands.

Saludos,

Pedro 

There is an error in the speed calibration. We are testing next version that will have this corrected.

• Upvote 1

Gyrometrics Beta 3.0.

One bug. After 5 trips, "recalculate calibration" gave the following result

58971da48ac2e_IMG_1596-Copy.thumb.PNG.e1511dbe7c7476b404fd491ef2398a48.PNG

with "Label" in place of 1.02%.

I then deleted the 3 last logs in order to keep only the 2 files that produced a correct calibration (1.02) as discussed previously, but it is blocked with the "Label" text.

It is not a severe bug as the default speed and distance correction factor is quite good.

• Upvote 1