This sounds great; thanks for making it, and making it available. I am unable to find "Gyrometrics" when I search the IOS app store or iTunes app store on my phone, but was able to find it and download it in the Mac App store, and it is indeed version 2.5. It is clearly labeled for the Watch, iPhone & iPad, but when I downloaded it onto my Mac & transferred it to my iPhone 6s, its icon an app appears as "9B Metrics", version 1.1 on the phone. When I look at my app purchases on my phone, it appears as GyroMetrics v. 2.5, but when I open it, it is again identified as 9B Metrics, v. 1.1, and looks nothing like the screenshots of Gyrometrics shown in the app store. I wonder if this is due to my accessing the app store from the USA? I'd love to be able to use it with my Inmotion V5F+, especially since I'm recovering from a fall backward (and a broken rib) coming to a stop; I can't figure out what I did wrong. It would be encouraging to try to learn from my future mistakes, as a newbie! Any suggestions on how to acquire this 2.5 version?

20 hours ago, Gil said:

I have just set up Gyrometrics 2.5 from the Apple Store. It starts with no problem. Still have to test it.

Finally got some idea of the V8 problem. For the moment only problem is I don't know battery calibration and speed calibration. Seems V5 and V8 have different scale factors. Working on it.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

@Paco Gorina

As Always: Great work, thanx for all!

but please: can we (all wheels) have an vibration alarm on the phone on an adjustable speed?

Like a "vibration-speed warning"

on one of the next versions?

Will work on it for next version. I would have liked to create a wheel library where you may specify your preferences for each wheel you have but it needs some time (an really busy now). Will create a simpler way for the moment. Just preferences.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Paco Gorina said:

Will work on it for next version. I would have liked to create a wheel library where you may specify your preferences for each wheel you have but it needs some time (an really busy now). Will create a simpler way for the moment. Just preferences.

A simple way like choosing the Speed where your phone should vibrate would be good enough! Thanx a lot!

Than at the end i can now get rid of the beeps on the wheel :-)

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Paco Gorina said:

Yes definitely working and I find you feel it very clearly. Next update will incorporate it. Probably a fast update with this and final InMotion support. Also munch changes in watch connection 

yeah, fantastic! thanx!

Great work @Paco Gorina.  I just downloaded the 2.5 version for iOS.  It hooked up to my Inmotion V8 with no problem, and it works as advertised.  The Apple Watch side of the app looks good, and was automatically engaged after loading.  

Many thanks for your efforts, for making it available, and getting this on to iOS (and for free!).  And thanks for putting the code on GitHub; I'm interested in seeing how you implemented this and in particular how you hook up to the Bluetooth datastreams.     

Edited by Chris Westland
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Slaughthammer said:

Do you have any ambition to include support for IPS wheels and Android phones? I would love to use this, but I won't buy a new wheel just because of this and never ever an iPhone...

For android you have wheellog, also developed by one of the forum members.

it imho also does not support ips - but who knows, maybe someone wants to implement it.

Well, version 2.7 available for download from AppStore. Fortunately I had time to include a rough auto calibrating system for speed and distance. 

Most of the new features are used from the Settings panel 

for InMotion users it is important to enter their pass/pin code or 000000 in the settings dialog previous to connecting.

Happy Wheeling and Happy data collection,

• Upvote 1

Now to Ues autocalibration

If you have many rides recorded first make a connection to the wheel so it is recorded in the database. Once disconnected your wheel name and serial ni will appear in the settings. If not click My Wheels and select it and back.

Then click recalculate calibration, will compute new calibration factors from your stored rides.This values will update automatically with every ride.

The scaling is only for presentation. Data is stored natively.

The scaling may be turned off disabling the enable corections switch

• Upvote 1

How to use multiwheel support

Everytime you connect to a new wheel it gets recorded with all its preferences. With the My Wheels selector it is read into the preferences screen. Unfortunately a last minute bug doesn't close the selector automatically. Just select your wheel and click back.

• Upvote 1

Alarms and notifications

The switch near the Speed and Battery Alarm fields in the settings dialog allow you to enable sending notifications to the iPhone/Apple Watch.

Speed notification is sent just when passing from a normal to a too fast speed (just once every time)

Battery notification is sent when going below the set battery level and resent if you recover from regenerating.

• Upvote 1

Hi @Paco Gorina, I tested gyrometrics with my Inmotion V8.

The log that is generated seems to contain the right speed but the display of speed on the app is around 3 times the real speed. It then triggers alarms as the app displays high speeds (50 km/h) on the app ! Though, the speed is correct in speed.csv.

Temp, pitch and roll are not displayed.

20170114_234557 - Copy.9bz

Edited by Gil

I have taken a look at the filles and they are correct with the speed presenten (data in the filles is m/s and in the screens is km/h - Multiplying * 3.6)

The InMotion gives speed data in their propietary unit and so I must translate with a table that changes with the model. If you made some runs and then click the recalculate calibration in the settings will correct automatically with the GPS data and that would give me the posibility of modifying the manual scale factor.

The only important point is to made some runs with good GPS view so distances are OK.

• Upvote 1