49 minutes ago, Mono said:

I bought an IPS under, I would believe now, false belief of its motor power.

I'd like to remind everyone that although IPS wheels do not equal the power of, for example, Gotway ACM, they are also significantly less expensive while still delivering good performance. IPS wheels are a great value, especially the 121 and 191 (Lhotz). I sometimes wish for more power while riding my IPS wheels (mostly when climbing hills) but they get the job done. It is very rare that I encounter a hill 121 or 191 cannot climb (might be slow, but reaches the top). As far as cruising speed, IPS can easily go 25 km/h, which is plenty fast for me. Max speed is 30 km/h, which is actually faster than I usually want to go. To sum up, for a wheel in its price range, IPS offers a very usable and acceptable amount of power. Sure, I wish I had a Gotway ACM, but I still love my IPS wheels. I ride them every day and enjoy every minute.

I will put my $0.02 in for the IPS Zero 340 Wh (141) which I have owned for ~6 months.  This is a very solid piece of equipment, and as @MaxLinux observed, is significantly less expensive than the competition.  The IPS Zero is by far the lightest wheel out there (2/3rd the weight of the Ninebot One S2, with larger battery and more powerful motor) and is a very comfortable and reliable ride.  I think some riders may have been put off by reports on the 130Wh beta test Zeros, but the 340Wh Zero is a finished, powerful and fast product.  The riding style is a bit different from other 14" wheels, because the Zero's pedals are low to the ground, and there is very little tire clearance.  This makes it suitable for flat roads and paved pathways, but not for anything bumpy (just my opinion).  It's a city wheel, and for the niche it sits in, in my opinion there is no competition.  

If you need a 14" to take off-road, then my choice would be to pay an extra $200 for an Inmotion V5F+.   The Gotways and KingSongs with these huge batteries have a place, but I like to be able to pick up the wheel and carry it around, and this is what you give up when you go for super-powerful wheels (again, your mileage may vary)

How does one measure the rated output of the wheel in your possession? Cant help you with that and the hill i live on is a reasonable gradient, its not got a sign giving a figure as it doesn't go anywhere except to my house. Its steep enough to slide down in a car if its icy and the road isn't gritted tho. 

My brother has a Kingsong and an Inmotion V8, Ive ridden both and of the three Id say the V8 has the most torque but its not a vast difference.

34 minutes ago, nute said:

the hill i live on is a reasonable gradient, its not got a sign giving a figure as it doesn't go anywhere except to my house

there are mobile phone apps with which you could measure the gradient using your phone (the app I use is called MultiClinometer, there are many out there)

Archived