Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Thinking wheel, Extraordinary way

Today, I think about my past, we have done a lot of changes on the way, perhaps I have abandoned some good things or elements, but I have been going ahead toward the direction that I want. This is my insistence. Many people will ask: how far from success to failure? We thing it is very short, I just want to say, it will be very hard to walk on the road in the future, I will still stick to the last. I believe that we can give customers the best products, I will go on!

Looking back, we produced a lot of different wheels, there are so many series, looks very beautiful, their performance and the quality is getting perfect and better, I also believe that our service is the best. These wheels are our most precious. Do you remember them?

At present, we are still exploring a new wheel, we entered a lot of our efforts into it, I believe that the new structure and performance will give you the greatest experience, let us wait for it!

The picture show what we do these years. Thanks!^_^

15439966_1805141506401005_8193673188926780957_n_oh=a72cbb5bfbf2c8b1ea405c0c616d83db&oe=58BA4104.jpg

15589586_1805141979734291_4421203600340704279_n_oh=58d1ced0191f51840d5e7ffcd8799e1f&oe=58EB70FC&__gda__=1492820654_e3acd833816d4ebb0ad0494c01a84fe1.jpg

15420795_1805145573067265_7202825464750667150_n_oh=306d08afd7813dde262f2f65b6244d89&oe=58E91B7F.jpg

15589586_1805141979734291_4421203600340704279_n_oh=58d1ced0191f51840d5e7ffcd8799e1f&oe=58EB70FC&__gda__=1492820654_e3acd833816d4ebb0ad0494c01a84fe1.jpg

15541380_1805145426400613_412257212371719272_n_oh=325c31d50402aaa3826f7c29bf82c8ef&oe=58E56913.jpg

15391142_1805145173067305_1611388200623911840_n_oh=43dd507b83e1a209c2e0e34afd7a2c84&oe=58AF7094&__gda__=1492731213_7fe0c77dad2645ad9d02b17a1522d344.jpg

15390854_1805144866400669_3396067232558538240_n_oh=a8fefaf45cbb8b6d64637e459f140c7f&oe=58EE6449&__gda__=1491320935_41514a2a1152d3d861815bf3e32a20f0.jpg

15590989_1805144153067407_8237398533180185950_o_oh=fedcdc948f0b04c5e813e6e6100fa495&oe=58F4246E.jpg

Edited by rayna903
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Jurgen said:

I have a Lhotz and a T680+

where's the innovation the last 18 months???

 

In another topic they said they're developing a new model, so something might be coming soon. Furthermore, eventhough they might not have released any new products recently, I really do appreciate that IPS is so active on the forum. A lot of brands (especially gotway recently) could really learn from them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Milo Dorigo said:

In another topic they said they're developing a new model, so something might be coming soon. Furthermore, eventhough they might not have released any new products recently, I really do appreciate that IPS is so active on the forum. A lot of brands (especially gotway recently) could really learn from them. 

they are "so" active since 4-5 weeks....trying to promote their 2 years old wheels....

Before...you have not heard a word for about 18 months or longer....they have been as dead/quiet as Firewheel!

so i dont see anything to learnfor the other companies!

and for the "new" model...what about some details...even at least something more than asking for the preferred color!!!???

the pictures shown are as blurred as their actual wheels....just very old...

Sorry, but thats how i see it.....

 

Edited by KingSong69
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, KingSong69 said:

they are "so" active since 4-5 weeks....trying to promote their 2 years old wheels....

Before...you have not heard a word for about 18 months or longer....they have been as dead as Firewheel!

so i dont see anything to learnfor the other companies!

and for the "new" model...what about some details...even at least something more than asking for the preferred color!!!???

 

You're definetly right, but atleast they're active now. Seeing the problems with the gotway factory, it would be nice if they had someone on the forums who could help out. Not saying IPS is a perfect company or anything, far from it, but I do think all manufactures should have a couple people active here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Milo Dorigo said:

You're definetly right, but atleast they're active now. Seeing the problems with the gotway factory, it would be nice if they had someone on the forums who could help out. Not saying IPS is a perfect company or anything, far from it, but I do think all manufactures should have a couple people active here. 

nnnjaaa...but no!..they are just coming up lately...here and on FB...and promoting very,very old stuff...to get rid off it!

Jane and Linnea from GW had a ton more posts in the last 6 months.....KS with Tina is also is active here...just not every day!

so i think IPS is the worst example for good forum activities. 

Edited by KingSong69
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2016/12/16 at 5:48 AM, Milo Dorigo said:

In another topic they said they're developing a new model, so something might be coming soon. Furthermore, eventhough they might not have released any new products recently, I really do appreciate that IPS is so active on the forum. A lot of brands (especially gotway recently) could really learn from them. 

oh, yes, there will be a new product next year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2016/12/16 at 6:12 AM, KingSong69 said:

they are "so" active since 4-5 weeks....trying to promote their 2 years old wheels....

Before...you have not heard a word for about 18 months or longer....they have been as dead/quiet as Firewheel!

so i dont see anything to learnfor the other companies!

and for the "new" model...what about some details...even at least something more than asking for the preferred color!!!???

the pictures shown are as blurred as their actual wheels....just very old...

Sorry, but thats how i see it.....

 

oh, please believe us that we must can give you a good new product to let you like. please believe us. thanks. I will prove to you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2016/12/16 at 6:12 AM, KingSong69 said:

they are "so" active since 4-5 weeks....trying to promote their 2 years old wheels....

Before...you have not heard a word for about 18 months or longer....they have been as dead/quiet as Firewheel!

so i dont see anything to learnfor the other companies!

and for the "new" model...what about some details...even at least something more than asking for the preferred color!!!???

the pictures shown are as blurred as their actual wheels....just very old...

Sorry, but thats how i see it.....

 

oh, please believe us that we must can give you a good new product to let you like. please believe us. thanks. I will prove to you. 

 

On 2016/12/16 at 6:26 AM, KingSong69 said:

nnnjaaa...but no!..they are just coming up lately...here and on FB...and promoting very,very old stuff...to get rid off it!

Jane and Linnea from GW had a ton more posts in the last 6 months.....KS with Tina is also is active here...just not every day!

so i think IPS is the worst example for good forum activities. 

oh, i am sorry that we did not do it well at this. so 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I started with an IPS T350 by end of 2014. After doing some tours with friends and their Firewheels and Gotways I realised that there're other options on the market, Climbing hills as a heavy weight European you need a strong motor and a high capacity battery. I'm no with a Gotway MSuper V2 with an upgraded battery to 889 Wh. The IPS was handed over to my son and I used for beginners to teach them EUC riding.

Manufacturers need to decide to address mainstream/ mass production or freaks business (niche/ low volume) or address both with different setups/ configuration. I saw small OEMs opting out of business. 

IPS was top notch as I entered this amazing hobby in 2014 but failed to cope with market demands. In the meantime IPS is not named if you name the top manufacturers. As with all other brands IPS also is not prepared for the existing/ upcoming regulation of the European market. Marketing is not existing for the most brands. 

If we look on automotive business, the manufacturers started to develop platforms to derive all sizes of cars of it. Gotway showed how to transform this idea to the EUC market but still to much customisation.

Maybe IPS should adopt such ideas? Join alliances with other manufacturers on core components. Ride styles/ fine tuning, App development, smart watch support => user experience is the area to address. 

We need new battery technologies to short down charging time and we need battery sizes of 1 kWh and beyond as options to order. 

Safety (functional security) will be a sentence to be faced more over the next years (regulations). Time to invest resources here.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 2016/12/21 at 4:22 PM, OliverH said:

I started with an IPS T350 by end of 2014. After doing some tours with friends and their Firewheels and Gotways I realised that there're other options on the market, Climbing hills as a heavy weight European you need a strong motor and a high capacity battery. I'm no with a Gotway MSuper V2 with an upgraded battery to 889 Wh. The IPS was handed over to my son and I used for beginners to teach them EUC riding.

Manufacturers need to decide to address mainstream/ mass production or freaks business (niche/ low volume) or address both with different setups/ configuration. I saw small OEMs opting out of business. 

IPS was top notch as I entered this amazing hobby in 2014 but failed to cope with market demands. In the meantime IPS is not named if you name the top manufacturers. As with all other brands IPS also is not prepared for the existing/ upcoming regulation of the European market. Marketing is not existing for the most brands. 

If we look on automotive business, the manufacturers started to develop platforms to derive all sizes of cars of it. Gotway showed how to transform this idea to the EUC market but still to much customisation.

Maybe IPS should adopt such ideas? Join alliances with other manufacturers on core components. Ride styles/ fine tuning, App development, smart watch support => user experience is the area to address. 

We need new battery technologies to short down charging time and we need battery sizes of 1 kWh and beyond as options to order. 

Safety (functional security) will be a sentence to be faced more over the next years (regulations). Time to invest resources here.

Thank you for your support. We accept customers feedback all the time, because we know customers advice is what we are looking for, and we are always ready to make the wheels better at any time, because we know safe is the most important for riders.

The service and the sales are same important for us, we want anyone who owning the IPS wheel can ride their wheels always, if there is problem, they can find IPS to maintain it, like your cars. 

Each generation wheel is launched, we are progressing. Is it? We create and design step by step because we do not copy others or the previous. We need time to let the euc more suitable, safer, powerful and other specials, such as you mentioned new battery technologies.  We just need time.

In 2014, we heard someone said IPS is out of business, IPS company closed, IPS stop producing and same as 2015, 2016,  now in 2017, we are still here. Maybe in 2018, there is still rumor IPS is dead.

Welcome to contact us.

yueyue.wang@iamips.com

runrui.meng@iamips.com

bess@iamips.com

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 王月月 said:

Thank you for your support. We accept customers feedback all the time, because we know customers advice is what we are looking for, and we are always ready to make the wheels better at any time, because we know safe is the most important for riders.

The service and the sales are same important for us, we want anyone who owning the IPS wheel can ride their wheels always, if there is problem, they can find IPS to maintain it, like your cars. 

Each generation wheel is launched, we are progressing. Is it? We create and design step by step because we do not copy others or the previous. We need time to let the euc more suitable, safer, powerful and other specials, such as you mentioned new battery technologies.  We just need time.

In 2014, we heard someone said IPS is out of business, IPS company closed, IPS stop producing and same as 2015, 2016,  now in 2017, we are still here. Maybe in 2018, there is still rumor IPS is dead.

Welcome to contact us.

yueyue.wang@iamips.com

runrui.meng@iamips.com

bess@iamips.com

Well, perhaps this "dead" rumors are because you have not come up with a new wheel since the "good old Lhotz"???

What about a new wheel? With strong enough Motor to get heavier europeans up an hill? With descent Batterie life?

You say you you "do not copy others".....but sorry - Progress on your wheels i did not see, even how can i,  If there is no new one coming....

 

So you had time since the Lhotz entered market...when was it? 16-18 months ago? What has been done by IPS to get the EUC "more suitable, safer, powerful"?

We have seen other brands getting out much stronger Motors (>3000Watt), better Motherboards, going from 67Volt to 84Volt to reduce stress on board,  stronger batteries with up to 2400wh....for more safety and longer range

So no offend here:

But if you just going on promoting ZERO, Lhotz and other "very first" Generation wheel from nearly 2 years behind, you dont have to wonder that IPS is rumored "dead"...and that this will not stop.........

 

It's so damn easy: Show us some exciting new! Some Progress, some ideas..... Or even give us some idea's of what will come....

A good example may be Rockwheel.....Since some months they let the community take part in inventing/Crowdfunding/producing  their 84Volt GT16...that gets old Rockwheel fans AND other unicyclers excited about it...For me that's an better idea than saying:              "There will be a new  "product" this year"........

 

my 2 Cents....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, 王月月 said:

Thank you for your support. We accept customers feedback all the time, because we know customers advice is what we are looking for, and we are always ready to make the wheels better at any time, because we know safe is the most important for riders.

The service and the sales are same important for us, we want anyone who owning the IPS wheel can ride their wheels always, if there is problem, they can find IPS to maintain it, like your cars. 

Each generation wheel is launched, we are progressing. Is it? We create and design step by step because we do not copy others or the previous. We need time to let the euc more suitable, safer, powerful and other specials, such as you mentioned new battery technologies.  We just need time.

In 2014, we heard someone said IPS is out of business, IPS company closed, IPS stop producing and same as 2015, 2016,  now in 2017, we are still here. Maybe in 2018, there is still rumor IPS is dead.

Welcome to contact us.

yueyue.wang@iamips.com

runrui.meng@iamips.com

bess@iamips.com

Like @Kingsong69 still said, IAMIPS has currently not the design/ features to cope with competition. If time to market is to long competition has just entered a step more again. Do you know what's the real demand of your markets? Are you set up for the requirements of PLEV in Europe (2018)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/13/2017 at 7:43 AM, KingSong69 said:

Well, perhaps this "dead" rumors are because you have not come up with a new wheel since the "good old Lhotz"???

What about a new wheel? With strong enough Motor to get heavier europeans up an hill? With descent Batterie life?

IPS has at least two models with strong enough motor to get heavier Europeans up an hill with decent battery life: 121 and 191 (Lhotz). I ride both of these several times per week. Being older is not necessarily bad. These are proven designs with rock-solid performance and reliability.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

IPS has at least two models with strong enough motor to get heavier Europeans up an hill with decent battery life: 121 and 191 (Lhotz). I ride both of these several times per week. Being older is not necessarily bad. These are proven designs with rock-solid performance and reliability.

Nobody said the Lhotz is not rock solid...it is...without question! I tried it myself....

But: I personally know NONE Euc Driver, who has not give up on IPS (or moved on)..after testing/driving any of the other top market brands like Ks, GW and IM.

their wheels have more power, longer range with bigger batteries,better technic, integrated trolleys, lights, music etc etc....so it's very easy to say: 

they are just the better choice...

IPS can not cope with the competition in the moment .....sad but true

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

IPS has at least two models with strong enough motor to get heavier Europeans up an hill with decent battery life: 121 and 191 (Lhotz). I ride both of these several times per week. Being older is not necessarily bad. These are proven designs with rock-solid performance and reliability.

All very much true, like with Volvo, before they went belly up and were salvaged by a Chinese company that introduced innovative designs backed up with a solid marketing strategy. Personally I'm not convinced that these new Volvo's are better designed and more reliable than the old ones, but they are way more sexy and therefore sell a whole lot better than before.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

IPS has at least two models with strong enough motor to get heavier Europeans up an hill with decent battery life: 121 and 191 (Lhotz). I ride both of these several times per week. Being older is not necessarily bad. These are proven designs with rock-solid performance and reliability.

To take a heavy European guy to the top of the hill you need a battery with a lot capacity. My old IPS T350 had not enough capacity and switched suddenly off on uphill tracks (I think it's an heat issue with low battery). Way less problems with the MSuper. I had only one time the backward/ forward move on top of a hill after a very long uphill track. This shouldn't happen this year because of a modified Cooling plate.

An IPS is a nice cruiser around town. Get's good mileage for this size of battery.  As some other customers I changed the tour profile and need a bigger battery and stronger motor. My next EUC will have more than 1KWh battery and an even stronger motor.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Beside my feedback on my old IPS (which is still used in our family), I'm happy to see manufacturers promoting there products here. @rayna903 and yueyue (can't mention you because of the chineses letters): Understand the demand of the different markets and have a look what will happen in Europe with rising sales if regulation are in place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 13 January 2017 at 0:43 PM, KingSong69 said:

Well, perhaps this "dead" rumors are because you have not come up with a new wheel since the "good old Lhotz"???

What about a new wheel? With strong enough Motor to get heavier europeans up an hill? With descent Batterie life?

You say you you "do not copy others".....but sorry - Progress on your wheels i did not see, even how can i,  If there is no new one coming....

 

So you had time since the Lhotz entered market...when was it? 16-18 months ago? What has been done by IPS to get the EUC "more suitable, safer, powerful"?

We have seen other brands getting out much stronger Motors (>3000Watt), better Motherboards, going from 67Volt to 84Volt to reduce stress on board,  stronger batteries with up to 2400wh....for more safety and longer range

So no offend here:

But if you just going on promoting ZERO, Lhotz and other "very first" Generation wheel from nearly 2 years behind, you dont have to wonder that IPS is rumored "dead"...and that this will not stop.........

 

It's so damn easy: Show us some exciting new! Some Progress, some ideas..... Or even give us some idea's of what will come....

A good example may be Rockwheel.....Since some months they let the community take part in inventing/Crowdfunding/producing  their 84Volt GT16...that gets old Rockwheel fans AND other unicyclers excited about it...For me that's an better idea than saying:              "There will be a new  "product" this year"........

 

my 2 Cents....

I dont agree with this at all. Im a big european (100kg) and i live at the top of a steep hill, my IPS gets me up and down it brilliantly. Their products (in my experience) are very good. 

Im not riding a mobile phone, where every company is striving to produce a new model every 3 months just so people feel they need to change to keep up with the crowd. My IPS has been solidly reliable, its not shut down on me and frankly, having ridden a Ninebot, a Kingsong and an Inmotion v8 I don't see them as any more advanced. Ok they are newer but so what. 

I would much prefer a longer interval between new products so that when they are released we know they are as reliable as is possible rather than just have a shiny new one each year. 

IPS have been first class in their customer service to me, i cannot recommend them highly enough.

The only criticism i could make would be that the max battery capacity could be larger.

Edited by nute
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@nute, one thing I would criticise IPS for is that they use, compared to other brands, exaggerated motor power numbers. Having said that, do you know the power of your Lhotz in Gotway-Kingsong-Watts and the gradient of the hill you live on top?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mono said:

one thing I would criticise IPS for is that they use, compared to other brands, exaggerated motor power numbers.

What if their motor power numbers are really more than what they say?  Some heavy riders claim to climb hills reliably.  Maybe it's like the old muscle cars in the US that would say they had 375 horsepower, but really they had way more, and downplayed it a little to avoid seeming too powerful and scaring the insurance companies and the government.

Wishful thinking, I know.:unsure:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, steve454 said:

What if their motor power numbers are really more than what they say?  Some heavy riders claim to climb hills reliably.  Maybe it's like the old muscle cars in the US that would say they had 375 horsepower, but really they had way more, and downplayed it a little to avoid seeming too powerful and scaring the insurance companies and the government.

Wishful thinking, I know.:unsure:

I bought an IPS under, I would believe now, false belief of its motor power. Stupid me, so maybe I was the victim of wishful thinking then.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...