Which watch to get for logging/watching the wheel data?

Chriull

I had ordered the new pebble 2 from kickstarter - but this project is dead by now (pebble was bought from fitbit).

So what to do now?

Buy an apple watch - it's expensive with short battery life?!

Still stay with pebble and get an used one?

Are the fitbit blaze/surge smartwatches recommandable?

Or should one wait if fitbit takes over the pebble "knowledge" they bought?

Any other better suggestion/experience?

13 minutes ago, Chriull said:

I had ordered the new pebble 2 from kickstarter - but this project is dead by now (pebble was bought from fitbit).

So what to do now?

Buy an apple watch - it's expensive with short battery life?!

Still stay with pebble and get an used one?

Are the fitbit blaze/surge smartwatches recommandable?

Or should one wait if fitbit takes over the pebble "knowledge" they bought?

Any other better suggestion/experience?

There is another Option...

Buy an "true" android smartwatch with sim Card and 3G/GPS and run wheellog in it's original app Version....or any other GPS speedometer..or KS/GW app....

I have tried that with a very, very cheap android watch...but the BT connectivity was to bad on this watch..

I will wait till the "Lemfo Lem5" is not so expensive any more. This clock has a nice bright Display, some Options to maximaze/centralize the apps on it's Display.

then i will try that again....

The Problem for me is that on the phone i am an apple user but i am in no way willed to buy an expensive apple watch...

If i would be an phone android user.....i would grab a cheap original pebble to run wheellog on it...done!

Also having an iPhone and an iPad I'm only really interested in the iWatch, but the price, especially for Stainless Steel, and battery life have given me pause.  The 9BMetrics/GyroMetrics app might make me buy one sooner than I otherwise would.  I think I can wait until I can see if I can actually ride an EUC first though :)  Still there are a few reasons I want the Apple watch but EUC connectivity is actually one of the most pressing as there are few alternatives for me.  The phone just does not work for me while riding even my MiniPro, it's either tucked away, needs my fingerprint to activate and I have gloves on, just don't want to be looking at my phone when I should be concentrating on the road or enjoying the view around me.  Smartwatches and EUC are just a perfect match.  I think Santa might be coming tomorrow with my asphalt sleigh, will he make a later appearance with a watch?

I suppose if FitBit came out with a watch and a decent EUC app was available for it, I could use it just when riding.... but that is likely more than a year away if not closer to two.

Archived