Gotway broken - stuttering grinding noise

arvi

Hi all,

I've been proud owner of GotWay MCM 2S 680 for about 3 weeks. Today I was trying to slowly climb up sloping pavement but fell off and the wheel as well. After that, when I turned it on, it made really frightening terrible noise, like something was stutterring or grinding inside. It also does not move freely when turned off (it kind of stutters). I have watched some videos at this forum, but did not find anything like this. From what I've read I suspect something loose inside the motor (bearing, hall sensor,..?). Since it is still under warranty I don't want to go inside. I can not post video here, because I don't want to turn it on again. The noise just tears my hearth :)

Also, what suprised me, that the wheel couldn't survive such a minor crash. I was under the impression, that it can withstand much harsher treatment.

Anyway, will see what the dealer says.

Thanks for all thoughts.

Radek (CZ)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have EXACTLY the same problem whith my gotway.

My wheel have "14AMK" in the serial number.

can we have a picture of the "wrong length shim" ? it's difficult to understand where is it in the wheel.

thank's. I need realy any help.

Denkam

Hello,

I have EXACTLY the same problem whith my gotway.

My wheel have "14AMK" in the serial number.

can we have a picture of the "wrong length shim" ? it's difficult to understand where is it in the wheel.

thank's. I need realy any help.

Denkam

Wrong length shim only affected one small batch of HB motors.  Yours is unlikely the case.

gwshim.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived