This site is freaking me out a little....

rdalcanto

On 12/13/2016 at 6:12 PM, Marty Backe said:

During my learning phase I fell while going about 0mph (poorly executed slow speed turn) and hurt my wrist - soft tissue injury, no bones or tenon injuries. I say this just to warn you that you shouldn't think going slow equals safety. Of course I wasn't wearing any safety gear because I was only practicing while going slow - dumb on my part.

Other than that I have >700 miles riding the (apparently) dangerous Gotway machines with no visible injuries. Always wear a helmet and wrist guards and anything else you feel comfortable with. Knee pads and elbow pads have saved me much pain (if not injuries).

Well, there is that DiY ankle guard you wore (still wear?) after the foot pedal injured your ankle...You can see it plainly in many of your videos. That appeared to be an issue for months..? Or is it a permanent injury?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Mono said:

right, that is a valid point, and that is why highly qualified people often have an occupational disability insurance as a useful alternative to not having a life.

I'd like one of those.  What's my occupation again? ..Em. Oh yeah.. retired bum.  What kind of compensation can I get if I'm unable to ...eh.. Bum anymore?

On 12/20/2016 at 7:45 AM, rdalcanto said:

It seems like this can become a problem as battery packs age and lose capacity, making a previously safe wheel more dangerous over time?

Nah, the batteries usually lose capacity slowly, years even, and by that time you should have enough riding experience that you shouldn't worry about it.

They are already dangerous when new:shock2:

On 12/24/2016 at 9:55 AM, Roll Model said:

Well, there is that DiY ankle guard you wore (still wear?) after the foot pedal injured your ankle...You can see it plainly in many of your videos. That appeared to be an issue for months..? Or is it a permanent injury?

Oh yeah, that one. I put the ankle injury into the general bruising category where your ankles, shins, feet, etc. are injured while learning.  My ankle eventually fully recovered so I no longer need any extra padding.

Archived