Name your wheel and share

Smoother

I recently named my wheel Lassie and here's why.

if you saw ANY episode of Lassie, ( the Collie dogs show from the 1960s and 70s) you will remember they went something like this:

someone gets hurt, trapped, in trouble, or any combination of the three.  Lassie would then fetch help by barking wildly at someone, who would miraculously know what she was barking about, and rescue the victim.

"Whoof, Whoof"

"What's that, Lassie, Timmy fell in the abandoned well down at old man Parkers place, and he can't get out?"

"Whoof"

" Good boy !"

now, just like in the show, I know my Lassie is always trying to tell me something, by tipping the pedals up or down, or beeping, or whatever.  Its just that, unlike the humans in the show, I usually have no idea what he's trying to say. But it usually translates to "get off me you fat pig"

the new Lassie

"Beep, beep beep,"

" what's that Lassie, somethings wrong?"

"beep beep beeeeep,"tilt forward.

" no, still not getting it.  Something to do with the battery?"

" beeeep"

" is it...."

Violent tilt back.

insufficient flapping and face plant.

" Oh, you mean get off me you fat pig, again"

btw Lassie was always played by a female dog, so I think of my Lassie as a female. Don't read anything into that, except I'd prefer to NOT think of myself riding a MALE. ?

@Donafello named his wheel today, but I think he's been watching too much Walking  Dead.  If so he needs to watch more closely, because that character likes to bash people's brains in. ?? and the only people in his drama is him.

@Smoother my ninebot is named Kate Bush, the singer from England, because I really like her since i heard the song Running up that hill a long time ago.

By coincidence, the ninebot app only allows 8 characters when naming.

Kate Bush, what a beauty, great voice, not mainstream in the US but I understand she's something of a national treasure in England. I think she is all but retired now, but her fans still push her to make more albums.  

@SuperSport I know what you named your ninebot, does your new MSuper have the same name?

Ninebot app allows naming? I didn't know that. Do you always refer to her as Kate Bush, or just Kate?

Kate Bush, she's from my home town Bromley, Kent.  I saw her waiting for a bus once in the '70s.  David Bowie,  Billy Idol, Fatboy Slim and Pixie Lott have also lived there.  Some guy named Charles Darwin, lived a few miles down the road, and another dude named H.G. Wells was born in a building on the high street.  It's a Primark now.  lastly, a Frenchie known as Napolean lll lived out his exile around here too, sorry for hijacking my own thread; you got me thinking about home.

Mrs. Fat Unicyclist just refers to her as "the mistress!" Though I'm but sure if that's because of how much time I spend with my wheel, or because I sleep with her.

And I can't argue with that either... By my rules a mistress needs to be ready to go at the push of a button, and likes to be ridden rough - just like my Lhotz!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:15 AM, Smoother said:

and another dude named H.G. Wells was born in a building on the high street

If you'd have watched the Warehouse 13 you'd know how "wrong" you are ;) 

18 hours ago, HEC said:

If you'd have watched the Warehouse 13 you'd know how "wrong" you are ;) 

I know there must be some sort of mystery in there, but I haven't watched warehouse 13 so I'm just going to assume that HG  turns out to to Harriot or Hillery, or Helen, or Henrietta, or Helga, Hermione, or..... 

Archived