EUC Extreme testing available.

EUC Extreme

23 hours ago, Mono said:

Gotway MCM2/3 and Geekwheel come into my mind, or maybe an InMotion. But I have no idea where to even start how to actually evaluate their reliability, so that isn't of much help. 

They both Gotway and Geekwheel want over $500 all together. :(  

On 1/29/2017 at 0:40 PM, Chriull said:

For the wheels which fry their mosfets you could get a soldering station and a family pack of mosfets - its not too hard to learn how to replace them. @EUC Extremecould also give you some tipps for improving the heat sink.

I just realized that only the 9bot1 C+ and E+ burnt the board, most the others...2 Freeman a4, 2 mcm2, 1 generic, 2 Airwheel x2 and my KS-14b were the motor/gyro that died. I have to not do such high drops and jumps and I need to figure a way to put skid plates on it I think. The motors need to take more impact and take more overall weight. Shock absorbers come to mind.

3 minutes ago, Mono said:

Nice, so you were burning 2 MCM2 as well. What exactly is the problem with the gyro? 

Not so nice. lol. Not burning the boards just killing the motor on the mcm 2's. The motor gave out after a few drops and a bunch of spins and shove-its.

Wow, it was rolling along nicely until you hit that bump.  I can understand it dropping you if you didn't jump up a little to take the weight off it, but to kill the wheel like that seems unusual, maybe the last straw after a lot of other stresses.

Those pedal extensions look good, maybe that is where you could put some foam rubber for suspension, but might make the pedals too high.,  Hey, aren't there a lot of Solowheels up there?  Maybe you could find a used one cheap.  Maybe they are good for tricks.;)

13 hours ago, Slaughthammer said:

This breakdown (and that of the KS-14) looks to me as if something with the hall sensors goes wrong...

What are the hall sensors for? EDIT: sorry, that was a bit lazy as Google could have surely worked it out. 

They are to determine the relative position of the magnets to the coils of the motor. This is very important for the controler, so it can calculate which coils get which current, how fast the wheel is spinning etc. The tiny cables besides the main power cables comming out of the motor are the hall effect sensor wires.

There's usually three of them. What can go wrong? The usual stuff... one can come loose, which usually leads to its destruction between moving magnets and coils. Or a wire can break. Maybe there's more that can go wrong, but those are the most likely options. here's a video that might help understanding it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrUjPNIs348

Thanks for the infos! Out of pure curiosity, do you know whether a fine calibration is done after the sensors are placed, or do the sensors need to be placed precisely in the correct position? The latter I would find somewhat surprising.

28 minutes ago, Slaughthammer said:

There's usually three of them. What can go wrong? The usual stuff... one can come loose, which usually leads to its destruction between moving magnets and coils. Or a wire can break. Maybe there's more that can go wrong, but those are the most likely options. here's a video that might help understanding it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrUjPNIs348

Thanx to @Slaughthammer and @Mono for the interest. So, yer telling me that some of the wheels that have died had some hope??

2 minutes ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

Thanx to @Slaughthammer and @Mono for the interest. So, yer telling me that some of the wheels that have died had some hope??

can't provide any expertise in this, sorry, but it wouldn't feel entirely hopeless to me...

Well, given enough time, knowledge, spare parts and the right tools, next to anything is fixable... yet, from an economic viewpoint it's not always sensible to do so. Some of the more DIY/tech guys will do amazing repairs, but that only works out because they see repairing things as one of their hobbies, so they already have most of the knowledge and tools required. If you hire a professional to repair an EUC motor, you will most likely spend more on the repair than on a new wheel. But without proper diagnosis of what failed we will never know, if one or the other wheel of you might have been able to be saved.

2 minutes ago, Slaughthammer said:

Well, given enough time, knowledge, spare parts and the right tools, next to anything is fixable... yet, from an economic viewpoint it's not always sensible to do so. Some of the more DIY/tech guys will do amazing repairs, but that only works, because they see repairing things as one of theire hobbies, so they already have most of the knowledge and tools required. If you hire a professional to repair an EUC motor, you will most likely spend more on the repair than on a new wheel. But without proper diagnosis of what failed we will never know, if one or the other wheel of you might have been able to be saved.

Thanx for the info man. I will pull one of them apart and look at those wires and look for anything else that seems odd. I have had to solder my guitar equipment and computer parts a bunch of times over the years, albeit out of necessity. Maybe I can figure it out with some of that youtube info.

This is a good discussion. Even now, we see clearly that, manufacturers need to do something differently.
User standard is rising as skills increase.
If the equipment can not withstand use, it is a security risk.

As well as bad publicity to the manufacturer.

10 minutes ago, EUC Extreme said:

This is a good discussion. Even now, we see clearly that, manufacturers need to do something differently.
User standard is rising as skills increase.
If the equipment can not withstand use, it is a security risk.

As well as bad publicity to the manufacturer.

Word! This is one of the best conversation ever.

19 hours ago, Slaughthammer said:

Well, given enough time, knowledge, spare parts and the right tools, next to anything is fixable... yet, from an economic viewpoint it's not always sensible to do so. Some of the more DIY/tech guys will do amazing repairs, but that only works out because they see repairing things as one of their hobbies, so they already have most of the knowledge and tools required. If you hire a professional to repair an EUC motor, you will most likely spend more on the repair than on a new wheel. But without proper diagnosis of what failed we will never know, if one or the other wheel of you might have been able to be saved.

HALL SENSORS!!!! :shock2::cheers: You rule @Slaughthammer it worked on my Freeman it was simply broken loose and it didn't snap closed, so I just taped them for extra hold. I am gonna look at some other ones asap. Thanx again brother!!

HALL SENEORS.jpgHall Sensors Taped Closed.jpg

20 minutes ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

HALL SENSORS!!!! :shock2::cheers: You rule @Slaughthammer it worked on my Freeman it was simply broken loose and it didn't snap closed, so I just taped them for extra hold. I am gonna look at some other ones asap. Thanx again brother!!

I'm glad I could be of service :D:cheers: Keep up the good work!

Archived