A strong suggestion for Msuper V3 owners

Cloud

1 hour ago, nomad said:

But, only KS18, ACM, Msuper and the Monster so far allows riders to reach continous speeds significantly beyond 30 km/h.

"30 km/h, things could go sour"

Seriously, though, I agree that's too fast for an older person, but to have that capability even if you never use it, is nice.  If I had a Corvette, I would probably never go 160mph, but it's great to have that possibililty.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

If I was an older persion and had a Corvette, I'd go 160 mph just because I can.  6b567c5d48.jpg  Well, maybe on the Bonneville salt flats or track that is.  :innocent1:

Now that I thought about it, me too!  At least once.:w00t2:

• 2 weeks later...

Ive gone 40 on my ACM and feels amazing, wish I could safely, Safely, SAFELY do that, till than Im gonna hang on to my ACM or potentially get fast electric scooter till things improve. I refuse to support company that doesn't take things more serious.

• 3 weeks later...

For people coming to this thread later, this failure occurred again (I was witness to it) and is documented here: 

Looks like it's a systemic problem with current Gotway wheels. It's a roll of the dice if you have a reliable wheel :cry2:

On 2016-12-30 at 5:00 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

If I was an older persion and had a Corvette, I'd go 160 mph just because I can.  6b567c5d48.jpg  Well, maybe on the Bonneville salt flats or track that is.  :innocent1:

I got pulled over in my 76 Camero doing 165 mph.  The officer asked me if I knew how fast I was going and I said I didn't know because my speedo didn't go that high.  It was quite scary as those old cars tended to float the front end at those speeds. BTW the officer let me off and told me to keep it down to Mach 2.  I have a friend who has a newer mustang Shelby with 800 hp.  He took me for a ride again up to 165mph.  This time it would handle it and although fast felt safer. 

I am hoping that this is a similar comparison from a E+ at its top end to the Monster at the same speed. If the unit is well within its performance boundaries the same speed creates issues for one is safe/r for another 

sorry random memories stimulated

On 12/15/2016 at 2:41 AM, Cloud said:

So, i soldered the new XT150 connectors today , see pics:

ipo9lg.jpg

2qtiyh3.jpg

They seem to be holding ok so far, but i do believe the connectors are an overkill. It was said here that more than 100amps travel over these wires but i am not sure how its possible over 14 gauge wires. All the info i could find says that 14 gauge can take from 15 to 32 amps only. Also, the wires coming from the control board to the connector are thicker than the wires from the connector point to the motor. The thicker wires are labeled 14 awg and the thinner wires are not labeled. Does this mean they could be even weaker?

at the same time if the amps cannot approach 100amps, how did the wheel in the russian dyno rig test reach the max power of almost 5kw... 

In any case, i am glad the connectors i got are heavy duty, and i appreciate all the help and the info :) 

Do you need to use XT 150 connectors?  I am going to check my mSuper v3s+ connections today. What is the alternative method?  Can I just use the heat shrink wrap?  I know nothing about soldering but don't want to have e a failure.  Looking for some help ex. What should I be looking for on the connections

• 3 months later...
On 12/8/2016 at 11:24 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I'm no connectorologist, but I wonder if the Gotway worker didn't properly heat up the metal when they were soldering or perhaps there was some sort of residue interfering with the bond.  I don't know what connectors you have, but with some computer connectors you usually solder to the pins, crimp over little retaining arms over the wires, and then push them into the plastic housing where the little side wings on the pin clip them in.

If your Gotway ones use similar pins and housings you would have to get the metal pin out before being able to reconnect it most likely if they are removable.  Some require special tools.  I once made a custom tool to remove power pins from PC power supply connectors.  Maybe a connector that is soldered and crimped would be the best of both worlds with chemical and mechanical retention.

Even on the control board, maybe having physical locking points to avoid wrie dislodgement would be more reassuring just in case temperatures get so hot that the solder melts.

I bet they used hot glue since they use it for everything. And also they put insulating silicon on the MOSFET screws. 

LOL. this wheel are put together by untrained personnel in batches. So every time you get new people. 

Its ridiculous. 

Archived