GotWay Monster Seat

26 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

On sandy 45° uphill offroad riding

measured or estimated or typo? Just for the record, 45° is AKA 100% inclination.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, JrKline "Wheel Whisperer said:

The riders @Marty Backe is refering to is myself and @Sven.The seat for the Monster is a great accessory and I really like it.However,usage of my seat for less than a hundred miles caused the foam in the seat to start to tear from underneath.I used some silicone to repair it by applying a liberal coating to the seat underneath where it sits on the wheel thus giving the foam much greater strength against tearing.So far,I have riden over a hundred miles while seated and the silicone has prevented any more foam tearing.:D

That's really useful to know.  Did you use some sort of spray, or liquid, or what?

7 hours ago, Dingfelder said:

That's really useful to know.  Did you use some sort of spray, or liquid, or what?

The type that is 100% silicone.G.E. silicone II from Home Depot that fits in a standard caulking gun.I squeezed a liberal amount out and spread it around underneath the seat especially at both ends of where the seat grips the handle.This is the area where my seat was starting to tear.Since the application,I have rode the Monster well over 100 miles seated and have had no more tearing.:cheers:

• 2 months later...

I love having the option to sit down when my feet are feeling numb from long riding. My complain about the seat for Gotway MSuper V3 is that it's not high enough. After adding 5 to 6 inches of top padding, now I have a more comfortable ride. I wish Gotway can come out with a better designed seat that would wrap around the top of the unicycle to make it more secured.  As far as falling off it while in sitting position, I think there is too many scenarios one can think of that can hurt you one way or another. The best rule of thumb to follow is riding using your common sense--don't run before you walk. If your common sense is not common with most others, then extra protective gear.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Does anyone have an idea why they are no longer selling the seats or where I could get a different kind of seat for the monster? i'm actually interested in getting one.

Archived