The Pebble Watch is Officially Dead

Marty Backe

Sad news today when I read that Pebble was closed its doors. The Pebble watch, running the great Wheelog smartwatch app by @JumpMaster, was a great addition to my riding gear. I could see all the Gotway and Kingsong wheel vitals by just glancing at my watch.

Hopefully my watch will continue to run the Wheellog app until the watch dies. Otherwise it's back to pulling out my phone when I want to see my battery status or speed. Bummer :crying:

Yeah.

It's too bad.  I've got a Pebble and it's a very handy item.  I mostly use it to delete hundreds of E-mails a day.

As usual in business, if you can't beat them, buy them.  Let's see what FitBit does with them.

Q~

I only bought mine 4 weeks ago and love it. 

For the first time ever I don't miss my incoming calls (either because I've put my phone down somewhere or left it muted). At work, where we are on the floor with customers, we shouldn't use our phones at all but looking at your watch to read messages etc - no problem. The android watch I bought first was total crap, battery life of about 6 hours and needed its own SIM card (on a different phone number in the UK at least) to have any phone functionality at all. As far as I can see the Apple Watch is almost as bad and really not worth what it costs (IMHO). The Pebble's colour eInk display was soooo much better then having a black screen most of the time. 

I'm absolutely gutted, the only thing wrong with the pebble is the small display so was eagerly awaiting the Time 2 and the buttons work brilliantly - why on earth do people want touch screens on such a small device. Anyone got a Time 2 they don't want :-)

3 hours ago, Questor said:

UPDATE:

I found a refurbished Pebble on Amazon for $29, and bought that was a backup for the one I have now.

Is that hoarding or prepping?

Q~

Prepping - just like I have three wheels. I need to have a backup wheel to my backup wheel :blink1:

Archived