Mainland China, EUCs and political support

Bob Eisenman

I've been riding a Ninebot for several months (and hundreds of miles)  and not since standing on the left wingtip of an F117 on display at an air show (years ago) has the thought of personal National interests crossed my mind, that is until recently. 
    A Ninebot rider in Yantai, China posted a bunch of pics to his profile. His profile pictured a Ninebot with an ancient chinese looking family dwelling in the background. I messaged him with the app and referenced a URL for the Yin Yu Tang house on display at the Peabody Essex Museum.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yin_Yu_Tang_House

He messaged back that the house in the background of his profile was in fact an 'ancient Chinese' residence, implying a sight is no longer appropriate in time as representative.
Browsing his app picture posts showed a variety of interesting Ninebot travel photos including one taken at an airshow during a National Day celebration. Pictured in the photo was a shiny new looking dual rotor helicopter, possibly a ka-32.
The last time I had pondered Russian helicopters was in 2006 when a news story from White Horse, Yukon showed a heavy lift mi-26 on the way to a job site in Canada.
http://www.explorenorth.com/library/aviation/mi26t_helicopter.html

The Ninebot riders location in Yantai, across the open sea from North and South Korea, the presence of the possible ka-32 copter at a China National Day celebration airshow underscored the historic political differences between the US and former 'Red China', now referred to as 'The People's Republic of China'.
    The 'One China concept' , the term Ninebot One (of mainland China manufacture) ,the political differences between leadership in Taiwan and mainland China and the presence of the newish looking Russian helicopter seemed to bubble up conflicts of interest in my mind but not surprising conflicts.
    Perhaps in the heart and soul of locals who take immediate issue with my EUC riding in the states, there is a grain of unseen American Patriotism digging in to a position of cautious alarm rather than fully embracing the new fangled high tech and its possible channel of information exchange between participants.

img_1480962988789.jpg

14 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

and not since standing on the left wingtip of an F117 on display at an air show

What airshow would allow standing on the wingtip of an aircraft that is not only highly classified,but also covered with a delicate coating (RAM) susceptible to damage from being stood on? 

14 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Perhaps in the heart and soul of locals who take immediate issue with my EUC riding in the states, there is a grain of unseen American Patriotism digging in to a position of cautious alarm rather than fully embracing the new fangled high tech and its possible channel of information exchange between participants.

Are you suggesting that Americans may be reluctant to ride EUC's because most of them are made in China even though the technology and EUC itself are both American inventions?

1 hour ago, Chris Westland said:

Where the heck did you get that photo ... the Chinese caption is "这个国庆给世界染上红色“ = This National Day will give the World a Red Infection  (seriously, means what you'd think it would) 

Are you serious? That's insane

Some correction is in order. If a pilot is on someone's left wingtip it usually means flying aside but not atop the wing. The position I referred to was meant to be standing aside the left wing tip of an aircraft which was on display, separated by a rope strung between two supports.

*****"

I've had an auto driver pull aside me (in motion) and ask 'did I invent it?' Answering no the next question was 'what country is the origin  of manufacture?'

***"*

The pics are from a Ninebot App user whose profile name is 'MO'.

img_1480961840223.jpg

img_1480962968198.jpg

6 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

The pics are from a Ninebot App user whose profile name is 'MO'.

img_1480961840223.jpg

img_1480962968198.jpg

OK, these are reasonably accurate translations, but I think better translations are, of the first "Indulgence is the hallucinogen of youth; but freedom truly is human nature" and of the second "Take it, take off together" (where 它 is an inanimate object, presumably the Ninebot) ... also I learned a new word 迷幻剂 (mí huàn jì) = LSD or Hallucinogen (in general).

Cool. The translations belong to MO who seems to be a pretty level headed rider and photographer based on his posts. Maybe MO (a profile declared male) has a female friend.

My Android pinyin OCR app is uninstalled. Your translation gives the right impression.

img_1480961721197.jpg

On 12/5/2016 at 8:52 PM, Bob Eisenman said:
3 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Cool. The translations belong to MO who seems to be a pretty level headed rider and photographer based on his posts. Maybe MO (a profile declared male) has a female friend.

My Android pinyin OCR app is uninstalled. Your translation gives the right impression.

img_1480961721197.jpg

Where is this taken (what city?)

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2016 at 8:06 AM, Bob Eisenman said:

Shenzhen Bay.

I've read that on Golden week National holiday the entire country goes traveling, if only just to go back 'home'. The Transit ways get flooded during 'Golden week National Holiday'. 

Screenshot_2016-12-09-08-25-27.png

@Bob Eisenman what are the calender days of Golden week?  And why is it called that?  is that like Black Friday in the US when businesses start turning a profit?

On 12/8/2016 at 6:25 PM, Bob Eisenman said:

I don't know but I sent an app message to 'MO'

with your question at 7:20 pm est Thursday 12-8-2016. 

img_1481235401308.jpg

I like that picture of the Ninebot standing on it's own, no need for a parking stand, just let it roll forward on level ground and it will stand up!

Does that translation mean, remember the umbrella for yourself, or to give an umbrella to someone else?

Archived