King Song 14C 840Wh vs Gotway V5F+ 480Wh

Looking at maybe getting a EUC before summer in case there are opportunities to practice; first wheel.

Was looking at the Ninebot S2, but hard to get in the US right now, and it seems like the Gotway V5F+ is technically better in almost every way and most here are suggesting it's a better 14" wheel.  The Gotway is not that easy to get right now, but has good distributer/reseller and should be available in January (late Christmas present).

I started looking at the King Song 14C and really like that it can be bought right now with an 840Wh battery. I like the larger battery... I like extra battery capacity in anything battery operated.  The weight seems OK, and just a little more than the V5F+.  Some say the Gotway just rides nicer, any comments on that?  I won't be doing any tricks or riding hard, but I could take it off road if I can manage that.  Should I worry about broken axels? 

Or I could just go for the the KS-16... heavier... more money.... and I kind of think if I like the 14" for general stuff I would eventually get an 18" for trails so 16" is maybe not what I should start with.

I don't see much direct comparison on her between the 14C/840Wh and the V5F+/480Wh so any comments would be great.  Thanks!

28 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

Looking at maybe getting a EUC before summer in case there are opportunities to practice; first wheel.

Was looking at the Ninebot S2, but hard to get in the US right now, and it seems like the Gotway V5F+ is technically better in almost every way and most here are suggesting it's a better 14" wheel.  The Gotway is not that easy to get right now, but has good distributer/reseller and should be available in January (late Christmas present).

I started looking at the King Song 14C and really like that it can be bought right now with an 840Wh battery. I like the larger battery... I like extra battery capacity in anything battery operated.  The weight seems OK, and just a little more than the V5F+.  Some say the Gotway just rides nicer, any comments on that?  I won't be doing any tricks or riding hard, but I could take it off road if I can manage that.  Should I worry about broken axels? 

Or I could just go for the the KS-16... heavier... more money.... and I kind of think if I like the 14" for general stuff I would eventually get an 18" for trails so 16" is maybe not what I should start with.

I don't see much direct comparison on her between the 14C/840Wh and the V5F+/680Wh so any comments would be great.  Thanks!

The KS14 ...or better all 14" wheels are not doing great offroad! If you really think about offroad you should at least take a 16" wheel!!!

I have owned a KS14 680wh and driven a MCM4 testwise...the KS14 did the better Job in my opinion! But like i said..offroad both are not the best...a 14"wheel is too small for some bumps

i can not say much to the INMOTION V5f+...but it has a fantastic Reputation and seams to be doing great...but batteriewise, the max you get here on the V5f+ is 480wh!!! not 680 like you wrote! So that should be a stop sign also, if you want to go for bigger batteries....

I would recommend a KS16 or ACM or V3

I have both an inmotion V5F+ and a ks14c. The ks14c is my workhorse, goes faster and further. The inmotion is better for tricks and is a much prettier machine; I love the reactions I get when I ride it around. Plus the handle that it comes with and the power switch are great features.

You don't know yet because you haven't ridden but if you think you might be a speed demon, I'd recommend the ks14c. otherwise, the V5F+. PS if you want to save some $$ and don't care about battery life, the V5F will be available sooner at ewheels.

Ks14 Pros: Faster, better battery, speakers built-in, wheel log is a better app but it might support inmotion soon so who knows. I think this one is better for offroad.

V5F+ pros: prettier, better handle, better headlight. Stiffer ride, which most people seem to like. Lighter. Fewer issues with breaking, according to this forum. Pedals are grippier. Pedals are higher.

I'm Also torn between getting a v5F+ or KS 14.      A lot of people say after learning....you will definitely want to go faster and the KS 14 does a good safe 30KM/H.    V5F+ does roughly 22-23km/h when tiltback starts.         Ks14 also has an 800W motor as opposed to the 550W of the inmotion.  the inmotion is such a work of beauty and the futuristic design is really really good. It's a pretty decent wheel if you ask me.      Besides...Does anyone really ride up to 30km/h and how long can you keep that up in the city.

4 hours ago, Gareth Tibit said:

V5F+ does roughly 22-23km/h when tiltback starts.

According to Jason, it's supposedly going to get a ~1.5 mph speed boost in a firmware update coming soon, but we've heard that for a while now.  The 550W vs 800W doesn't really tell you much between companies, as companies choose to rate their motors themselves, and companies like King Song and Gotway are known to be a bit more reckless with their labeling than InMotion.

I've found the BIG difference in usage between the two is that on the KS14, I can ride on the road like a biker, around town, whereas with the V5F+ I stick to the sidewalks.  My first wheel was a Ninebot One E+ and I was CONSTANTLY being tilted back, it was so annoying, and potentially unsafe.  V5F+'s tiltback is a bit harsher (and the voice saying "Please Slow Down" is SO ANNOYING), so I'm scared to push it, but I believe I'd push my V5F+ to the limits too if I felt safe doing so.

The voice Warning can be removed by recording silence. You can customize your own speed warnings in the inmotion app and then record silence.     

I really really really wish inmotion would release a firmware for more speed.   It seems to be the only thing lacking in such a wheel of beauty.    The Release of the V8 kinda tells you that the speed issue on the v5 probably won't be addresses.

I wish there was some sort of customized app or tweak that could give the wheel more speed!.  

8 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

The KS14 ...or better all 14" wheels are not doing great offroad! If you really think about offroad you should at least take a 16" wheel!!!

I have owned a KS14 680wh and driven a MCM4 testwise...the KS14 did the better Job in my opinion! But like i said..offroad both are not the best...a 14"wheel is too small for some bumps

i can not say much to the INMOTION V5f+...but it has a fantastic Reputation and seams to be doing great...but batteriewise, the max you get here on the V5f+ is 480wh!!! not 680 like you wrote! So that should be a stop sign also, if you want to go for bigger batteries....

I would recommend a KS16 or ACM or V3

I'm pretty sure I want to go off road, but I'm think I would eventually buy an 18" wheel for that, so that is why I think I should probably start on a 14" as it will always be useful even if I got another wheel later.  

Thanks for the correction on the Wh rating for the V5F+ somewhere I got 680 in my head and I just can't get it out.  Must have been mis-typed somewhere, or maybe I've seen the future.

8 hours ago, codersarepeople said:

I have both an inmotion V5F+ and a ks14c. The ks14c is my workhorse, goes faster and further. The inmotion is better for tricks and is a much prettier machine; I love the reactions I get when I ride it around. Plus the handle that it comes with and the power switch are great features.

You don't know yet because you haven't ridden but if you think you might be a speed demon, I'd recommend the ks14c. otherwise, the V5F+. PS if you want to save some $$ and don't care about battery life, the V5F will be available sooner at ewheels.

Ks14 Pros: Faster, better battery, speakers built-in, wheel log is a better app but it might support inmotion soon so who knows. I think this one is better for offroad.

V5F+ pros: prettier, better handle, better headlight. Stiffer ride, which most people seem to like. Lighter. Fewer issues with breaking, according to this forum. Pedals are grippier. Pedals are higher.

That's great you have both.  Farther is my thing, great batteries are my thing. I'm pretty sure speed is not my thing.  I'm not against a good looking ride though, and yes, I see the handle on the V5F+ as a great feature.  I mentioned about batteries so base V5F is out.  The best App to me will be something that runs on Apple Watch.  The pedals and control on the V5F+ is probably it's strongest feature I guess for me and I give it some points for looks as well and the integrated trolly handle, and kill switch on regular handle.   Not to mention the fact that people love it.

1 hour ago, codersarepeople said:

I believe I'd push my V5F+ to the limits too if I felt safe doing so.

Someone on this forum has reportedly done 30km/h on the v5F+ and posted a screenshot of the app...the speed clearly says "30.4km/:h".   His weight from the post was 56kg.   I think it's safe IMO 

Looks like the reasons to get one early (before spring) just took a hit.  First snow today and the trucks spread salt and sand on the roads and parking lots. :(

Maybe the only reason now is to get at 14C in case they pull it from the market once their 14D hits the streets.

21 hours ago, Gareth Tibit said:

Someone on this forum has reportedly done 30km/h on the v5F+ and posted a screenshot of the app...the speed clearly says "30.4km/:h".   His weight from the post was 56kg.   I think it's safe IMO 

Wow! My weight is only 58 kg so I might also try to see how far I can push mine, after I add some silence to the warning message and wear a helmet!

21 hours ago, FreeRide said:

That's great you have both.  Farther is my thing, great batteries are my thing. I'm pretty sure speed is not my thing.  I'm not against a good looking ride though, and yes, I see the handle on the V5F+ as a great feature.  I mentioned about batteries so base V5F is out.  The best App to me will be something that runs on Apple Watch.  The pedals and control on the V5F+ is probably it's strongest feature I guess for me and I give it some points for looks as well and the integrated trolly handle, and kill switch on regular handle.   Not to mention the fact that people love it.

I don't know much about Apple watch because I use the pebble/android, so not sure what's supported.  TBH I soon stopped using the watch feature when commuting; my body just started to figure out how fast I was going and there are external battery indicators.

As for the pedals, I did improve my KS14C pedals with some vicious grip tape, but they're still not as high as I'd like them to be...c'est la vie.  If I didn't care about speed, I'd go for the V5F+ every time, but you clearly do care about batteries, so I don't know what to tell you.  Even my newish V5F+ doesn't have a ton of charge.

I think it sounds like you want a KS14C, because the battery is really massive, but it's up to you.

23 hours ago, Gareth Tibit said:

I asked Inmotion about that Russian video a while ago, they said there was no way the Wheel was really travelling at 30kph. 

There. 

And I really thought inmotion would stay true to their words on a new firmware update to increase speed on the v5F+...some people bought the wheel in anticipation that inmotion will deliver as promised.     Really sad they didn't and we riders have to push the wheel to get satisfaction...it's a really nice wheel. Just wish it were faster

20161207073834.png

Archived