New Solowheel Scorpion

Rehab1

The new Solowheel Scorpion is suppose to ship the first week of December.  Does anyone have the specs or better yet... ordered one? 

The only spec I have is the $1595 price! Below is a link to the Scorpion basic manual that is just basic boiler plate language. Disappointing!

http://www.inventist.com/assets/images/inventions/solowheelscorpion/Solowheel_Scorpion_2016-Manual.pdf

IMG_0461.PNG

• Upvote 3

My first look impressions are:

• Generic Cheap Look
  • OVERPRICED!

The only Solowheel that I would definitely be willing to buy is Solowheel Orbit, which has appeared to be a disappointment. :facepalm::facepalm:

• Upvote 2

It looks good to me, I like the integrated trolley handle that looks like the Inmotion V5, and the shell is cut just high enough to make airing the tire easy.

Also the pedals have the shape of the Msuper V3 which @SuperSport swapped from side to side to get a more comfortable ride.

The price is close to the other top wheels, I wonder what the batteries are rated at?  Maybe Inventist has been looking at the improvements in the other wheels and has taken some of their ideas to make a truly outstanding wheel.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

The new Solowheel Scorpion is suppose to ship the first week of December.  Does anyone have the specs or better yet... ordered one? 

The only spec I have is the $1595 price! Below is a link to the Scorpion basic manual that is just basic boiler plate language. Disappointing!

http://www.inventist.com/assets/images/inventions/solowheelscorpion/Solowheel_Scorpion_2016-Manual.pdf

IMG_0461.PNG

@Rehab1 I just read the manual and discovered that the handle is three way, carrying, trolley, and also parking stand, very clever design.

The manual is very clear and easy to understand, not being translated from Chinese but written in English.

It stated several times not to try and ride past the speed limiter or the motor will not have enough power to keep you upright.  And that when going downhill with a full battery, it will shake as the overcharge warning.

It said top speed is 10 mph, which seems a little low, but I saw a video test ride of the Extreme where the guy mentioned that he was able to go over 12mph even though it wasn't supposed to be able to.:ph34r:

Also recommended tire pressure be set at 45 psi.

Plus it has bluetooth for an app which shows speed and battery level.  It will be very interesting to see all the specs when they come out.:w00t2:

• Upvote 1

Just now, steve454 said:

$1595 USD, in pounds it is only 1252;)  BTW, how much was the MSuper?  Is it one of the most expensive and best wheels at this moment?

Oh OK - even so, still too much. MS3 was £939 delivered.

• Upvote 1

Just now, steve454 said:

Wow, that's only 1190 USD you got a great deal, that's not that much more than my Ninebot cost and the Msuper is a much better wheel.

Yeah I was pleased. MS3 is the best wheel I have ever ridden - so powerful, so fast, mostly safe :)

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, steve454 said:

I just read the manual and discovered that the handle is three way, carrying, trolley, and also parking stand

It does appear to have some good traits and the handle does resemble a Scorpion!  It is just to slow!!

How cow...did anyone see that the Segway S1 is selling for only $599 on Amazon?

https://www.amazon.com/Segway-Balancing-Personal-Transporter-Control/dp/B01M1SFFNE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480895234&sr=8-1&keywords=Segway+unicycle

• Upvote 2

On December 4, 2016 at 6:49 PM, Rehab1 said:

I'm tempted to buy that as a trainer.  Now if it was an S2.... I think I would  ignore the low battery capacity and buy it right now.

• Upvote 1

Did they drop the Ninebot label?  That's the first time I've heard of a Segway One S1.  Is it the same as the Ninebot One S2?  Apparently there are two batteries?  There's also a China domestic model called the Ninebot One A1 I think?

"The One S1 complements your on-the-go lifestyle. It's two lithium-ion batteries, with a capacity of 310 Wh, one on either side ensure the high performance riders demand. You can fully charge it in just 4 hours or top it off at any time. Depending on riding style and terrain, you can get up to 15 miles of range on a full charge."

There's also a Segway One S2 to add more confusion?  :blink:

http://ao-en.segway.com/products/ninebot-by-segway-one-s2

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 2

• 4 months later...

Nice review.  :popcorn:   How much does it cost, and what's the riding range like?

BTW that handle looks like it is kinda meant to grab onto your nads.  :whistling:  Feel the sting of the Scorpion!  ;)

Edit: oh right about $1595 USD?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Nice review.  :popcorn:   How much does it cost, and what's the riding range like?

BTW that handle looks like it is kinda meant to grab onto your nads.  :whistling:  Feel the sting of the Scorpion!  ;)

Edit: oh right about $1595 USD?

Inventist quotes up to 12mi. For my city, I am setting expectations a little lower due to our topography.

5 hours ago, Mono said:

@Jeffrey Scott Will, when you talk about large pedals, can you be more specific about their size?

I'll take some photos for you comparing them to the other Solowheels tomorrow. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

I'll take some photos for you comparing them to the other Solowheels tomorrow. 

Photos with a visible inch rule would be nice.

On ‎19‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 10:01 PM, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

Just chiming in about the Scorpion since I've now spend a decent amount of time (2 weeks) riding one all around Seattle as my daily driver. 

One thing I don't understand - seems that Scorpion is still unavailable to order:

http://store.inventist.com/solowheel-scorpion.aspx

"...expected to ship out the first week of December!" not in 2016 I suppose?

On ‎19‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 10:01 PM, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

I got involved professionally...

With the Inventist? Thats clearing the things up... Shiny reviews on an unavailable products... Looks like Solowheel going the same route as UniWheel...

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2017 at 11:32 PM, Vik's said:

One thing I don't understand - seems that Scorpion is still unavailable to order:

http://store.inventist.com/solowheel-scorpion.aspx

"...expected to ship out the first week of December!" not in 2016 I suppose?

With the Inventist? Thats clearing the things up... Shiny reviews on an unavailable products... Looks like Solowheel going the same route as UniWheel...

Hey Vik. Inventist hasn't always done a stellar job of maintaining their website, as you can see! The Scorpion is currently available through their dedicated official US retailer (Solowheel Seattle), which brings me to your next point: I'm not employed directly through Inventist. I run the retail side of things in Seattle where we have a brick and mortar shop. Does that make me biased? Well, it depends on how you look at it. If you've been around for over a couple years and check my history and profile, you'll find I've ridden most of the major wheels out there, and spend my first year riding Airwheel and King Song (14c, 16b) exclusively. I actually switched to Solowheel as my daily driver well before I even knew there was an opportunity for employment.

As far as Solowheel's future, I guess you'll just have to stay tuned as it doesn't sound like you'll take my word for it. There is a lot in development as you'll find out before too long. :) 

P.S. I sold out of the first batch of Scorpions, but it can be ordered direct from us (shipped directly to customer) before we get the next batch in our store.

On 4/20/2017 at 2:17 AM, Mono said:

Photos with a visible inch rule would be nice.

Sorry I've been swamped! I'll be back with the goods ASAP.

• Upvote 1

• 11 months later...

Bumping an old thread, but I found some nice close-ups of the Scorpion if anyone's interested from a design perspective.  The neat thing is that the Y shaped stinger tail acts as an integrated kickstand.

https://store.urban360.com/produit/solowheel-scorpion-edition-limitee/

solowheel-scorpion-15.jpeg

solowheel-scorpion-01.jpeg

• Like 1