Sharper Image Christmas Edition- Everything but EUCs

Rehab1

The new Christmas edition of the Sharper Image catalog offers almost everything trendy but not EUCs this year! Sharper Image empirically has a pulse on consumer trends and hot products! I first thought the high cost of EUCs might be a factor for not including them in their catalog but this year they are selling a $999 Drone, a $600 Airwheel skateboard and a $450 hoverboard! Is anyone else worried about the lack of  EUC exposure in such a revered catalog?

@Jason McNeil have you seen any increase in your company's EUC sales this holiday season? Has anyone else seen statistical data or spoken to other distributors on how their holiday EUC sales are going? 

IMG_0457.JPG

IMG_0458.JPG

IMG_0455.JPG

44 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Sharper Image

@Rehab1 Wal-mart has a Sharper image quadcopter for I think it was 79.95 or 89.95 that had hover height hold, and one touch take off and landing.  It was a small one, no GPS of course but just a year or two ago those features were mainly in the way more expensive GPS drones.

They also were advertising a Razor branded hoverboard, and a Phantom 3 with camera, no follow me feature but very low price.

It's amazing how the technology is filtering down, maybe in a year or two electric unicycles will be the next hot seller. 

20 minutes ago, steve454 said:

It's amazing how the technology is filtering down, maybe in a year or two electric unicycles will be the next hot seller. 

Sharper Image did offer the V3 pro last year! My concern is why they stopped carrying EUCs but still sell hoverboards. 

https://www.sharperimage.com/si/view/product/Electric+Unicycle/204105

That's good that they have hoverboards only so people now learn they are not all banned anymore as most people that seems to be the only thing they know about them, is they catch fire and they are all banned.  I'm surprised Sharper Image though is not on a more leading edge, it's possible they could not get enough supply for the holidays so they have to leave it until next hear.  Seems like even the Inmotion V5F+ is not available until after the holidays based on what I read on ewheels (I think it was, the Florida company).

8 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

That's good that they have hoverboards only so people now learn they are not all banned anymore as most people that seems to be the only thing they know about them, is they catch fire and they are all banned.  I'm surprised Sharper Image though is not on a more leading edge, it's possible they could not get enough supply for the holidays so they have to leave it until next hear.  Seems like even the Inmotion V5F+ is not available until after the holidays based on what I read on ewheels (I think it was, the Florida company).

@FreeRide yeah, me too, after all the negative publicity hoverboards are still being sold and even going to major retailers, also the Ninebot mini is being sold by Fry's electronics stores now.  

Maybe the Sharper Image is looking carefully at these EUC's as they are not nearly as widely known as the hoverboard.  Hoverboards are easier to learn and less expensive to make, (and slower) so maybe they look a little safer, after all the warnings about battery safety, people are getting more aware of Lithium batteries  and with Youtube videos showing how to ride, maybe they will all of a sudden get popular. 

Maybe the Inmotion V5F+ is being held back till next Christmas:laughbounce2:

10 minutes ago, steve454 said:

@FreeRide yeah, me too, after all the negative publicity hoverboards are still being sold and even going to major retailers, also the Ninebot mini is being sold by Fry's electronics stores now.  

Sharper Image dropped the price of their hoverboard almost $150 within the last 2 weeks. We all know if the product is selling well and their is a huge demand (think DJI Mavic) the price will stay constant and not drop by 1/3rd. SI is carrying a safer UL approved hoverboard but there still remains the stigma after all of the bad press last year.

Archived