owners and experienced EUC enthusiasts

Gareth Tibit

The inmotion v5f+ has been out for a while.    Specs are pretty decent for a 14inch wheel. 25km/h speed, 500w motor with the perfect body design.     

The IPS zero is an Old wheel probably from 2years ago with Specs which claim 30km/h, 800w motor.  

Both wheels are reasonably light, sleek and compact.  

If I wanted SPEED AT LEAST 25KM/H, MINIMAL RANGE of 20KM, NO OFF ROAD.   

what wheel should I go for and reasons?

Keep in mind the riders weight is 60kg. Answers specifically among the two wheels.    Thanks

I would definitly go for the V5f+...

The "watt" numbers.....on all wheels, there is a "nominal" and a "max" wattage claimed...

the v5f+ is 550watt nominal(which i exspect to be at least 1200-1500watt Max)

the Zero is anounced with 800Watt max(some specs say 1000watt on a 340wh config)...which...at the time the wheel came out...was only 350-500watt nominal! IPS dont come out with nominal numbers...

v5f+ is known to have several security installations...while the Zero, especiall in under 340wh configs...is known for a lot of cutouts!

to bring it to a point:

tecnics of v5f+ are top notch....zero is old, cheap, and outdated.....

Thats a fact....

As an owner of both wheels, I can confirm that the ips zero motor is significantly less powerful than the v5f+. Although the zero can go up to 29 kph (tested), the conditions need to be ideal (slightly downhill and flat smooth surface). Above 20 kph, you need to be very vigilant of bumps, or you're running. The v5f+ can go near it's top speed of 25 kph, even on bumpy roads. The only advantages the ips zero has is that it is lighter, more compact and cheaper. The v5f+ wins in every other category.

V5F+ is probably the most reliable and advanced 14" wheel on the market so far, but it's for cruising at 17-23 km/h. It will have agressive tiltback at 23-25 and the alarm will go off at 25. You'll need less protection at lower speed and it's perfect for <5km distances! For cruising around 25 km/h, it's better to invest in a faster 16" wheel with more comfort and more battery. IMO since I own this wheel since July...

12 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

I would definitly go for the V5f+...

to bring it to a point:

tecnics of v5f+ are top notch....zero is old, cheap, and outdated.....

Thats a fact....

I can't comment on the technics of the V5F(+) and if it's top-notch or not since it's my first and only EUC...so I can't compare. But I haven't had any sudden cut-outs, strange sounds or unexpected behaviour so far. It does what it's built for and it's a lot of fun riding the wheel:)

Reading about the problems of other brands it makes me feel good to have chosen inmotion, that's for sure:thumbup:

22 minutes ago, Dodgez said:

I can't comment on the technics of the V5F(+) and if it's top-notch or not since it's my first and only EUC...so I can't compare. But I haven't had any sudden cut-outs, strange sounds or unexpected behaviour so far. It does what it's built for and it's a lot of fun riding the wheel:)

Reading about the problems of other brands it makes me feel good to have chosen inmotion, that's for sure:thumbup:

In my experience so far, the inmotion is almost perfect for an 14" wheel. The only thing is I wish it had is bigger foot pedals, for more comfortable long distance rides.

One thing not mentioned going for the v5f+ that sold me was the IP55 water resistance rating. If you're using it for commuting expect rainy days especially in Seattle. The charger for it is remarkably light, It's big but doesn't weigh like a brick. I don't notice it in my backpack. The app has a system diagnostic which I run every once in a while.

The cons if I had any, the power button can be a bit sensitive sometimes, a light touch is enough to start the EU. The app allows you to earn coins but there's really nothing to spend it on. It has a social component but there's not many NA riders, mostly China.

Archived