Jump to content

gotway mainboard in firewheel


Franky20

Recommended Posts

I have a firewheel F779 with a defect mainboard , since i can't find a replacement mainboard anywhere i started with testing if i can use a mainboard from another wheel , 

i'd end up with a working mainboard from a gotway , wich i have fully working in de firewheel when on the bench , the only problem is that the mainboard is mounted horizontaly in the gotway , and it can only be mounted vertically in the firewheel , the problem where that leeds to is the calibration of the gyro , with the std gotway app i can only calibrate it from like +15 to  - 15 degrees from its original horizontal position , does anyone know if it is possible to calibrate this board for vertical use ? 

 

Let me know 

Thanks Frank

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Horizontal and vertical correspond to the gyroscope's X and Y axis respectively. The board is programmed with a fixed setup for X and Y so the two axis are not permutable and what you need is not possible.

You should probably have to remove a battery pack of the Firewheel to make room for the GW board. The problem is the FW battery system is such a mess (two packs sharing one BMS).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Franky20 said:

I have a firewheel F779 with a defect mainboard , since i can't find a replacement mainboard anywhere i started with testing if i can use a mainboard from another wheel , 

i'd end up with a working mainboard from a gotway , wich i have fully working in de firewheel when on the bench , the only problem is that the mainboard is mounted horizontaly in the gotway , and it can only be mounted vertically in the firewheel , the problem where that leeds to is the calibration of the gyro , with the std gotway app i can only calibrate it from like +15 to  - 15 degrees from its original horizontal position , does anyone know if it is possible to calibrate this board for vertical use ? 

 

Let me know 

Thanks Frank

As far as i know it is not possible to get it from vertical to horizontal, like hobby16 said!

 

if you Need a Firewheel board ask Chris from www.1radwerkstatt.de 

He is/has been selling and repairing Firewheels!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/1/2016 at 9:15 PM, MaxLinux said:

What's going on with Firewheel these days? Is it still an active company? I tried to find the Firewheel company website, but I was not successful.

I tried again and found this link. So I guess Firewheel is still alive! If the site doesn't load at first, keep waiting. I was staring at a blank screen, then just as I was about to give up, the page finally loaded.

http://en.fire-wheel.com

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

just as I was about to give up, the page finally loaded.

I again have doubts whether Firewheel is still an active company. Despite an attractive splash screen, the website is devoid of any real product information as far as I can tell. I noticed the bottom of the screen said copyright 2014, not a good sign.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

I again have doubts whether Rockwheel is still an active company. Despite an attractive splash screen, the website is devoid of any real product information as far as I can tell. I noticed the bottom of the screen said copyright 2014, not a good sign.

As far as I know, Rockwheel is active. They(include Gotway) are just not update their web sites. Only recently, there are a group of people(including from Rockwheel) doing an 2 hour live broadcast in China testing their new 84V EUC(gt16, 858Wh). Here is the partial footage:
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTg0MTA3NjQ0MA==.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, zlymex said:

As far as I know, Rockwheel is active.

Thank you for this confirmation. That's great!

I apologize, I typed a mistake. In this post: "I again have doubts whether Rockwheel is still an active company" I accidentally stated Rockwheel when I was actually referring to Firewheel.

A Firewheel site exists with a cool splash page, but clicking product links leads to empty pages with no product information. Then I noticed Copyright © 2014 Taizhou Wanchang Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. With such an old date, I doubt the company is active.

http://en.fire-wheel.com

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, MaxLinux said:

Thank you for this confirmation. That's great!

I apologize, I typed a mistake. In this post: "I again have doubts whether Rockwheel is still an active company" I accidentally stated Rockwheel when I was actually referring to Firewheel.

A Firewheel site exists with a cool splash page, but clicking product links leads to empty pages with no product information. Then I noticed Copyright © 2014 Taizhou Wanchang Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. With such an old date, I doubt the company is active.

http://en.fire-wheel.com

That's I really don't know. They have not launch any new product for sometimes at least.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...