Newbie: Just Purchased Ninebot One E+

Chrispy

Hi All! 

I just wanted to post a quick 'Thank You' to this community! After a ton of research, and checking out all of the great information here I ended up buying a new Ninebot E+. 

It was a tossup between the IPS 132 and the Ninebot. Honestly I dont think I would have gone wrong getting either one. I have a 6 mile commute here in Seattle WA that has one big hill on the way home. My entire ride into work is mainly on bike trails, that run along the waterfront. Looking forward to Tuesday when I get to take it out for the first time. Expect a big review, and some thoughts on my first few days in a new thread. 

Cheers! 

-CP

Chrispy, Wondering if you can share where you got the Ninebot from...like China or Ebay? Are you happy with the purchasing experience? 

​Picked it up via Amazon, Prime 2 day shipping for free :) 

Verified the model and details - the entire purchase was incredibly easy.

Chrispy, Wondering if you can share where you got the Ninebot from...like China or Ebay? Are you happy with the purchasing experience? 

​I bought mine from mengke here on the forum. Free shipping and best price imo

Unboxed my new Ninebot E+ last night! So cool! 

I figured I would jump into the deep end of the pool, and had my wife and son drive me about 3 miles away to a local school - drop me off - and let me find my own way home. 

It took me about 15 - 20 mins to get the hang of just getting on the thing and riding it slowly around in circles. After about 45 minutes, I was able to navigate most of the terrain at the school and venture out for the ride home. 

It was fairly uneventful -but what a great ride! The worst part of the entire experience was the bruised inner shin. Later that night I picked up some shin guards at my local store. They help a ton!! 

I made my 7.2 mile commute into work today, with no issues. Getting better at riding every minute I am on it! Totally recommended, what a fun device. I couldnt be happier with my E+. 

IMG_20150708_102234.jpg

I figured I would jump into the deep end of the pool, and had my wife and son drive me about 3 miles away to a local school - drop me off - and let me find my own way home. 

It took me about 15 - 20 mins to get the hang of just getting on the thing and riding it slowly around in circles. After about 45 minutes, I was able to navigate most of the terrain at the school and venture out for the ride home. 

congrats! welcome to the world of EU's! wow, I thought I picked it up quickly taking about a week before being ready for showtime... you did it literally overnight going 7.2 miles, quite impressive!

congrats! welcome to the world of EU's! wow, I thought I picked it up quickly taking about a week before being ready for showtime... you did it literally overnight going 7.2 miles, quite impressive!

LONG time skateboarder / rollerblader in my youth. It was literally like learning how to ride a bike again :)

• 2 months later...

My Ninebot E+ just arrived. I purchased it from www.electricunicyclesonline.com. The charger is completely dead and they won't replace it. I contacted Ninebot themselves and they say the serial number of that charger is out of warranty already. (Brand new arrived in September 2015)

Be vary wary of buying from electricunicycleonline.com.

Very poor service from them.

Ian

how did you pay ?? I would return the item. your credit card company should protect you from things like this. my advice is tell your card company you received a broken item and that's not what you paid for. then go and order from someone like mengke.

My Ninebot E+ just arrived. I purchased it from www.electricunicyclesonline.com. The charger is completely dead and they won't replace it. I contacted Ninebot themselves and they say the serial number of that charger is out of warranty already. (Brand new arrived in September 2015)

Be vary wary of buying from electricunicycleonline.com.

Very poor service from them.

Ian

how did you pay ?? I would return the item. your credit card company should protect you from things like this. my advice is tell your card company you received a broken item and that's not what you paid for. then go and order from someone like mengke.

As popcorn says, hopefully you payed by credit card if not then paypal, as these give you way more protection than other forms of payment, (Particularly credit card) hope you manage to get it all sorted. Also your contract is not with Ninebot, it is with electricunicycleonline.com. righting this is their responsibility not ninebots.

On further talks with them, it looks like they (electricunicycleoneline.com) may replace it. Thanks for your feedback. I didn't want to cancel the whole purchase of the Ninebot by cancelling the credit card purchase. I will update this post when I have further progress.

Ninebot were very professional in their responses and you're right, it's not their responsibility but that of electricunicycleoneline.com

On further talks with them, it looks like they (electricunicycleoneline.com) may replace it. Thanks for your feedback. I didn't want to cancel the whole purchase of the Ninebot by cancelling the credit card purchase. I will update this post when I have further progress.

Ninebot were very professional in their responses and you're right, it's not their responsibility but that of electricunicycleoneline.com

They seem so sketchy to everyone, I would literally cancel and order elsewhere don't even support them. But I guess it's, to each their own. 

on another note http://www.ninebotone.ca/  here is a price gouge on some things

• 4 weeks later...

electricunicycleoneline.com

I recently bought from them and it's been a subpar experience so far due to charging issues. I'm hoping to determine the issue soon.  If I had to do it over, I'd buy from a local reseller even if I had to pay $100 extra.

• 3 weeks later...

They say they have sent a replacement charger via standard airmail instead of courier which was my original order. After 35 days still no arrival. A very bad experience, I've had the ninebot 2 months and cannot use it at all.

Thanks for other site recommendations! 

Archived