KS14C Tire Inflation

Ben Kaplan

My KS14C came in the mail today! I was unable to inflate the tire though. The valve nozzle doesn't allow enough space for my pump. I tried to use an extender to solve the problem but the pedal gets in the way. I can't move the nozzle very much and I'm afraid I'm going to break it or damage my new EUC. Any help or suggestions? 

See the 2nd and 3rd picture on this thread: That's what I use for all my wheels, including the KS14C which I just topped off this past weekend.  The KS14C generally has good access. 

Lever the valve out, away from the rim with a key or screwdriver, just enough to screw pump to it.  I assume you aren't using a giant chuck.  Be careful when unscrewing chuck, as you can let most of the air out by the time you have unscrewed it. Don't ask me how I know this.  I pump up to 70 psi to compensate for some of the air loss when I unscrew. Not required if using a push on pull off chuck.

i have been riding at 47 psi. It's higher now, your choice. 65psi max, on that tire.

2 hours ago, Smoother said:

<snip>

i have been riding at 47 psi. It's higher now, your choice. 65psi max, on that tire.

On my KS14C tire the PSI label states a max of 45psi. If you care about such things it's always a good idea to just look at the spec's listed on the tire that's actually installed on your wheel.

Interesting, my Kenda tire on my KS14C says clearly min 40 psi, 2.5 bar max 65 psi, 4.5 bar.

And after testing many different pressures am liking 3.5 bar, funny that that is dead center of recommended.

ukj

4 hours ago, Smoother said:

Yes, @Marty Backe I agree.  Silly me for assuming Kingsong had a standard tire requirement for a specific model.

Strange that your tires max pressure is near my (and @UKJ s )  tires minimum pressure (40psi). 

What is going on at Kingsong, they fit any old crap that is in stock down at the corner store?

What would people say if BMW did that? That question was not for you @HermanTheGerman, you're not a real German. It's a fantasy.

What make and model is your tire? Marty? Mine's a Kenda K924.002

I'll check and post a picture tonight when I get home.

9 hours ago, Smoother said:

Yes, @Marty Backe I agree.  Silly me for assuming Kingsong had a standard tire requirement for a specific model.

Strange that your tires max pressure is near my (and @UKJ s )  tires minimum pressure (40psi). 

What is going on at Kingsong, they fit any old crap that is in stock down at the corner store?

What would people say if BMW did that? That question was not for you @HermanTheGerman, you're not a real German. It's a fantasy.

What make and model is your tire? Marty? Mine's a Kenda K924.002

I screwed up. I have the same tire. I was going from memory and was confusing the Kingsong with the Gotway wheels, which do have a max of 45psi.

I fill my KS14C to 45psi, but I should probably try 65 since I like to run the Gotway's at their maximum pressure.

Sorry for the mix-up :blink1:

Damn Marty I had to retract my previous post casting dispersions on kingsongs supply chain ?

It seems that Kingsong is remarkably consistent with tire supply and fitment ? As all three of us, in three different places (USA, UK,  and mine came from Germany, (where nothing is over engendered ?) have the same tire.  

I don't have a KS-14, but on my KS-16 (which looks similar) I just bend it out till I can fit the pump over the valve. It takes some effort, but I get air into the wheel. I pump it up to 65 psi which is max for the 16" wheel. Air will leak out over time (don't know why, probably leaking valve), so I usually pump it up once or twice a month.

Archived