Is still can't believe we have not had a direct comparison of the 1640wh and `1600wh

Donafello

I know I'm probably the only one that owns a 1640wh here in new york and when I have the time I want to meet someone here to try and do a direct comparison on the two units. I know a couple members here have the 84v and i would love to know a few of the specs it has.  Mainly what is the speed they are getting before the last alarm comes on? I'm just really curious to here if there is a big difference in the 2 units from a torque and speed perspective? 

There is not much difference between 1640Wh and 820Wh except range and weight. The same for 84V version if the battery is different.

I own an 820Wh version and an 84V-1025Wh version, and I did test some speeds. Here is the preliminary comparison.
V3.gif

As can be seen that the third alarm for 84V version is useless.

As for the torque, the 84V version is much better at high speed.

1 hour ago, zlymex said:

There is not much difference between 1640Wh and 820Wh except range and weight. The same for 84V version if the battery is different.

I own an 820Wh version and an 84V-1025Wh version, and I did test some speeds. Here is the preliminary comparison.
V3.gif

As can be seen that the third alarm for 84V version is useless.

As for the torque, the 84V version is much better at high speed.

Wow, the third alarm is at 57kmh? This is scary. Good thing i have the 2nd alarm on.  Did you actually ride at that speed and hear the alarm? Or was it determined thru the lift test? Underliad this alarm may come in at lower speed, i hope...

5 hours ago, Cloud said:

Wow, the third alarm is at 57kmh? This is scary. Good thing i have the 2nd alarm on.  Did you actually ride at that speed and hear the alarm? Or was it determined thru the lift test? Underliad this alarm may come in at lower speed, i hope...

Can anyone with a 84v confirm third alarm. Mine comes on with a full charge at about 43km which would mean I can prob get to about 50km or so before running the risk of a shutdown

2 hours ago, Donafello said:

Can anyone with a 84v confirm third alarm. Mine comes on with a full charge at about 43km which would mean I can prob get to about 50km or so before running the risk of a shutdown

On mine and another person's msuper3s+, the 3rd alarm came in at 49 kph when we did the lift test. I'm not sure why there is a discrepancy  with the above figure of 57 kph. I have taken it to 41 kph with no alarm sounding. I can confirm that the first and second alarms to come in at around 29.5 kph and 33.5 kph, as quoted, so maybe the 57 kph is accurate, although it's counterintuitive that the lift test would yield a lower speed than actually riding it. Will test it further when I have some good protection.

10 hours ago, Cloud said:

It was done by lift test, full charge.

When doing a lift test, the pedal tilt must be disabled, otherwise the speed cannot be controlled after the tilt point.
I lift tested my 84V version several times, here is one specifically for 2nd and 3rd alarm, when I was watching the Wheellog and listening the alarm and control the speed around the alarm.

lift-84V.gif

5 hours ago, logos122 said:

On mine and another person's msuper3s+, the 3rd alarm came in at 49 kph when we did the lift test. I'm not sure why there is a discrepancy  with the above figure of 57 kph. 

I believe the discrepancy is simply because the 3rd alarm is not only speed based, it is also load based ( whichever comes first) . Under no load it is probably triggered by the speed, but under load during riding probably comes on when the loading reaches about 80% of the wheel's resource.

24 minutes ago, Cloud said:

I believe the discrepancy is simply because the 3rd alarm is not only speed based, it is also load based ( whichever comes first) . Under no load it is probably triggered by the speed, but under load during riding probably comes on when the loading reaches about 80% of the wheel's resource.

From my experience before, the 3rd alarm is speed based mostly, battery affected secondly, and no load effect. I've ridden my old V3 36km/h without hearing the 3rd alarm(lift test shows it comes at 38km/h). Of course I did not have the chance to load test my new V3 and my new V3s+ because the 3rd alarm is too high.

For my V2, the 3rd alarm comes at 24 to 28km/h depending on battery level, independent of the load(whether is no load, flat road, slightly incline or decline)

22 minutes ago, zlymex said:

From my experience before, the 3rd alarm is speed based mostly, battery affected secondly, and no load effect. I've ridden my old V3 36km/h without hearing the 3rd alarm(lift test shows it comes at 38km/h). Of course I did not have the chance to load test my new V3 and my new V3s+ because the 3rd alarm is too high.

For my V2, the 3rd alarm comes at 24 to 28km/h depending on battery level, independent of the load(whether is no load, flat road, slightly incline or decline)

I believe it is battery affected also ( which may actually be virtually the same as load affected). As battery goes down, there is less reserve available and as such 80% of available power will be lower.

also, i think gotway implemented load/power controlled alarm in the v 3 version. I am not sure they had it in the V2. Also not sure how they determine the current load and how they define the 100% load.

7 hours ago, Cloud said:

I believe it is battery affected also ( which may actually be virtually the same as load affected). As battery goes down, there is less reserve available and as such 80% of available power will be lower.

also, i think gotway implemented load/power controlled alarm in the v 3 version. I am not sure they had it in the V2. Also not sure how they determine the current load and how they define the 100% load.

Battery deff plays a part and has on both my v2 and v3. On a full charge my 3rd alarm is coming on at about 43km but once I hit about 80% battery then it comes on at about 36km

On my Msuper v3 820Wh 67.2V (old version) the 3rd alarm was at 36-37 km/h GPS, I think air resistance at this speed matters most and rider weight has little effect. Lift test was 40 km/h. At low battery (25%) the alarm is lower. Also if you hit a bump hard or accelerate very hard or something it goes off at lower speed too.

15 hours ago, Donafello said:

The third alarm means by definition that the wheel is running in overload meaning it's not 'safe' any longer. That's what the alarm is for it means back off. But it's up to you!

1 hour ago, logos122 said:

Took the Msuper3s+ to 27.7 mph (45 kph) and still no final alarm. I was going downhill with the battery at 70%. Was also sitting so the air resistance was much lower

Wow sitting at 27mph!  I feel somewhat unstable sitting even at low speeds.

Archived