Ks16 stop light - last firmware bug?

Robi Bobi

I spoted today that if I keep the wheel where the power button is on my front and go to that direction all lights works ok. But in oposite direction when lights are off, low stop light apear on brake but not the progresive brighter one. So if lights are on, the stop light does not apear at all. Just I don't have the stop light in one direction when lights are on. My friend has the same, Do you have this too? Is it happened after last update ?

If I remember correctly, I could watch this behaviour until approximately 1 month ago too.

Then I level calibrated the wheel to a 3 degree angle, because that helped a lot for riding on rough terrain, and also the forward tilt in long sharp curves (like the spirals up to our danube bridges) is easier to handle and therefore faster to drive than with the standard zero degrees.

Therefore after level calibration I'm riding now always with the powerbutton in front, so don't see this problem anymore, but of course I assume it will still be there.

It is not a big problem. But I do starts always with my right foot on. Just I don't want make always stresses on the right hand side parts as on my former wheel i began hear something because of that. Do You think that the level calibration could change light settings? 

1 hour ago, Robi Bobi said:

Do You think that the level calibration could change light settings? 

No, definitely not. It would be strange if one would influence the other.

I just wanted to express that I believe I saw the same stoplight problem until I started riding the wheel with a "defined" front part, the part with the power button.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:24 AM, Robi Bobi said:

It is not a big problem. But I do starts always with my right foot on. Just I don't want make always stresses on the right hand side parts as on my former wheel i began hear something because of that. Do You think that the level calibration could change light settings? 

Technically - you shouldn't be riding the  wheel regularly in both directions as all tires (at least those I'm aware of are directional so prolonged riding in the "wrong" / opposite direction is not recommended.

39 minutes ago, HEC said:

prolonged riding in the "wrong" / opposite direction is not recommended

I understand that many tires have a direction, but what is the actual problem of riding in the other direction?

2 hours ago, Mono said:

I understand that many tires have a direction, but what is the actual problem of riding in the other direction?

In my opinion, riding opposite the direction designated on the sidewall of the tire does not harm the EUC or the tire. You're just not getting the full performance of which the tire is capable.

Electric unicycles operate equally well in both directions (which side is the “front”). However, sometimes the tire has a directional tread pattern. Directional tires are optimized to work better in one direction than the other. The tread gives better performance on dirt, gravel, wet ground, etc. in the designated direction. On smooth dry pavement the difference is negligible.

Some tire treads have a preferred direction, but it won’t hurt the unicycle or the tire to ride in the non-preferred direction. Look on the sidewall for an arrow. It shows the rotation direction this tread was designed for. Choose your “front” of the unicycle accordingly. If the sidewall does not have an arrow, the tread is nondirectional.

Archived