Microworks 30C and 40A (12 mosfets) will be issued, Geekwheel or DIY for individual user

Lz Lee

12 hours ago, Carlos E Rodriguez said:

For example let say we want to fo forward. Hall sensor-1 is on because core is in the ideal position for it so the computer will fire 1 then 2 then 3 to go forward. But lets say hall sensor-2 is on the the computer will fire 2 then 3 the 1,2,3,1,2,3 and so on.  If Hall sensor 3 is on then it will fire 3 the 1,2,31,2,3 and so on. 

The hall sensor/ magnet placement is critical as you allude to. Looking at my ACM motor you can see the hall sensor placement (represented with red and yellow arrows) in relationship to the N and S pole magnets. On my wheel the south pole magnet will turn on the bipolar, latched hall sensor while the north pole magnet shuts it off.  In the picture I have labeled the magnetic polls and the mounting position for the 3 hall sensors.

Currently you can see the far right (red arrow) hall sensor is positioned over the S magnetic field turning it on, the center sensor (yellow) off (north pole) and far left sensor is on (south pole) but only momentarily as it is quickly approaching the north pole magnetic field to turn it off. 

If the motor were to rotate slightly CW the far right sensor will enter into the N magnetic field turning it off, the center sensor will enter the S field turning it on and the left sensor, N field, turning it off.

Timing is critical! A lot is riding (pardon the pun:P) on these little sensors! 

Archived