Jump to content

Is it possible to return at Firmware 1.3.5 from 1.4.0 version?


smallexis
 Share

Recommended Posts

I don't know if I'm alone to regret the 1.3.5 Firmware version for my 9B1, but 1.4.0 version is very unpleasant for driving.

Does somebody ever try (and succed) to downgrade 9b1 Firmware into 1.3.5 (or older)?

If yes, thank you to be kind to give me the process. I can't drive anylonger with such a sh** 1.4.0 version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, smallexis said:

I don't know if I'm alone to regret the 1.3.5 Firmware version for my 9B1, but 1.4.0 version is very unpleasant for driving.

Does somebody ever try (and succed) to downgrade 9b1 Firmware into 1.3.5 (or older)?

If yes, thank you to be kind to give me the process. I can't drive anylonger with such a sh** 1.4.0 version.

Not possible AFAIK.

What is that particularly you are not happy with? I am curious as I'm still on fw. 1.2.3 and have been thinking about upgrading to 1.4.0.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have 2 9B1 E+, the first one with 1.3.5 version and the second one (I just bought in used condition) with 1.4.0 version.

With 1.4.0, the wheel make some beep for (too) many reasons and you can't drive at max speed without this noise.

If the power used is too high, the wheel seems to cut for half a second and that not give fun to ride. Tilt back is very light (too light for me).

Compare to 1.4.0 version, the 1.3.5 version is a dream. The wheel make bip only at max power (very rare), tilt back is strong as I like and I never get the sensation to fall frontward after more than 1500km riding. DON'T UPGRADE TO 1.4.0, you will regret it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Roue Libre said:

What is wrong with 1.4.0

I didn't stay on 1.3.5 long enough to get much experience with it, but the only thing I don't like about 1.4.0 is that the pedals tilt forward when making a slow, tight turn.  It doesn't feel good to me to have the pedals tilt forward.

I think @Vik's said once that it is supposed to help you turn, but I would rather the pedals stay flat.

And I'm not sure about this because I never really go fast enough to get tiltback, but using the Ninebot app I reached 14.6 mph for a second or two, the speedometer turned orange, but got no bips or tiltback, pretty sure it will go more than 15 mph.

I wonder if the batteries in the used wheel @smallexis might be losing a little power so the wheel bips sooner?  Do both Ninebots charge to about the same voltage?

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 27/11/2016 at 2:01 PM, smallexis said:

I don't know if I'm alone to regret the 1.3.5 Firmware version for my 9B1, but 1.4.0 version is very unpleasant for driving.

Does somebody ever try (and succed) to downgrade 9b1 Firmware into 1.3.5 (or older)?

If yes, thank you to be kind to give me the process. I can't drive anylonger with such a sh** 1.4.0 version.

Not sure if this helps but I recently had to replace my NB E+ control board and the replacement control board had 1.3.5 on it. This might be an (expensive) option for you if you really really don't like 1.4.0 but you would need to check with your supplier to confirm what version any replacement board would be supplied with. For me, 1.3.5 is a very good firmware version.

As others have said it is not possible to roll back firmware versions on the NB E+.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, steve454 said:

I think @Vik's said once that it is supposed to help you turn, but I would rather the pedals stay flat.

Yep. It does help but takes some time to get used to. I like it though and it does that on v1.2.3.

7 hours ago, steve454 said:

I wonder if the batteries in the used wheel @smallexis might be losing a little power so the wheel bips sooner?  Do both Ninebots charge to about the same voltage?

Good point. I was thinking about that too. Is those problems are battery- and not firmware related?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 29/11/2016 at 0:29 AM, steve454 said:

Do both Ninebots charge to about the same voltage?

Yes as I know, 9B1 16", 9B 14" and 9B mini have same battery charge voltage at 63V.  batteries are 15S model.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 29/11/2016 at 0:29 AM, steve454 said:

I wonder if the batteries in the used wheel @smallexis might be losing a little power so the wheel bips sooner?

I have make the same test (same road, same speed and with the same battery) between both 9B1 I have (one in 1.3.5 and the other in 1.4.0)

I started with a full battery in each case, and with 1.4.0 version, the 9B1 beeps too much when I drive at max speed, when I make a strong acceleration but the worst is the sensation of a front tiltback. It's very uncomfortable to ride with.

With 1.3.5 version, it's a pleasure to drive because the 9B1 beeps very rarely, tiltback is strong but safe and I can ride at max speed without constant bip noise.

 

On 29/11/2016 at 6:25 AM, Jonathan Tolhurst said:

For me, 1.3.5 is a very good firmware version.

100% agree with you.

On 29/11/2016 at 8:35 AM, Vik's said:

Good point. I was thinking about that too. Is those problems are battery- and not firmware related?

Due to results of my test, I can confirm that my battery is not the reason of the problem. That's let no other choice than to accuse the firmeware.

4 hours ago, Roue Libre said:

@smallexis if your nb1 beeps a lot, possibly replacing tire improves it. A worn out tire slips and thus requires more engine power. I run 1.3.5 and I felt more traction and less tilt back, no beeps at all since tire replacement.

Tires on both 9B1 are in very good condition, but thank you for your advise.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was on 1.3.5 for a long time before I upgraded and I also wish I could go back. I don't like the high pitch whine the wheel gives with 1.4.0 (although it is nowhere near as loud as my Gotways).

@steve454 I have ridden two Ninebot One E+ units on firmware 1.4.0, one tilted forward during turns but the other does not. I suggest going through the calibration routines (including the side to side level calibration). @SuperSport had a tutorial on the forum I recall. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/28/2016 at 5:29 AM, Roue Libre said:

What is wrong with 1.4.0

I didn't stay on 1.3.5 long enough to get much experience with it, but the only thing I don't like about 1.4.0 is that the pedals tilt forward when making a slow, tight turn.  It doesn't feel good to me to have the pedals tilt forward.

I think @Vik's said once that it is supposed to help you turn, but I would rather the pedals stay flat.

And I'm not sure about this because I never really go fast enough to get tiltback, but using the Ninebot app I reached 14.6 mph for a second or two, the speedometer turned orange, but got no bips or tiltback, pretty sure it will go more than 15 mph.

I wonder if the batteries in the used wheel @smallexis might be losing a little power so the wheel bips sooner?  Do both Ninebots charge to about the same voltage?

Thanks for reminding me about that calibration video @Shoe73, I did the app calibration yesterday, but it won't let you move much from level or the wheel starts shaking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
13 hours ago, Vik's said:

@smallexis have now downgraded his 9b1 firmware to 1.3.5.

not yet, but I will do it soon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's done and what a pleasure to find again 1.3.5 version. 

I will say thank you to @Philfree@Vik's,  @jojo33@master255 , and of course to MNR76. You are the best.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And now, what about to delete the speed limit when capacity is only 20%?

maybe a solution in the next months...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...