Jump to content

GotWay New Android APP


Recommended Posts

Dear All,

GotWay new Android APP is ready now. It fit to MCM4, ACM, Msuper V3 and Monster.

Please try to download it from the following link on facebook group. (file is too big to be uploaded here).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/files/?filter=files

 

Please email me if you found any bugs. Thanks!

 

Best Regards,

Linnea

Link to post
Share on other sites

The application asks me for my phone number, because I have to give this information, since my phone warns me that it is a dangerous application and that to register it on my phone obliges me to give access to many configurations or other things on my phone ? I think giving my number, is to open the door to my phone, I can trust, is it normal to give personal data? I just want an application without dangers

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jose Otal said:

The application asks me for my phone number, because I have to give this information, since my phone warns me that it is a dangerous application and that to register it on my phone obliges me to give access to many configurations or other things on my phone ? I think giving my number, is to open the door to my phone, I can trust, is it normal to give personal data? I just want an application without dangers

That's weird. Has anyone got this working yet?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2016 at 9:42 PM, Linnea Lin Gotway said:

Dear All,

GotWay new Android APP is ready now. It fit to MCM4, ACM, Msuper V3 and Monster.

Please try to download it from the following link on facebook group. (file is too big to be uploaded here).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/files/?filter=files

 

Please email me if you found any bugs. Thanks!

 

Best Regards,

Linnea

Is there a new app coming to the iPhone?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chuts said:

Any significant changes people have noticed?

Good old Ian from SpeedyFeet just did a comprehensive review of that.

The quick summary would be: PITA to install, looks a bit nicer, slightly better battery meter, won't sign in without the internet. Still not as helpful as wheel log.

CBR

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Good old Ian from SpeedyFeet just did a comprehensive review of that.

The quick summary would be: PITA to install, looks a bit nicer, slightly better battery meter, won't sign in without the internet. Still not as helpful as wheel log.

CBR

Maybe should have just said out right from the start... Have they given the option to go even more stiffer than the sports mode. Or is the sports mode the most the actual hardware can handle.  Which is a shame because I find sports mode rather soft.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Fun Fact: If you want to use the new GOTWAY app with your old wheel like MCM3, replace the original Bluetooth module with that of an ACM (for example and thanks to Patrick De Cooman)!
To use the new wheel with the app you can either create a second account. Or you can connect to the existing account and the wheel registered with it, press "unbind" on the page with the driving data. Turn off the wheel, turn on the wheel with the module being replaced, press the app, search button, and pair your "old" wheel. Have fun :)
(Of course at your own risk!)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Chuts said:

Tried registering with this app.  Keeps saying the the ACM motor number is invalid.  Anyone else encounter this issue?

You used only the 9 numbers? Not the letters?

I also got the message "Motor number not legit for this Country" or so first...(Germany +49 in this case)

As i purchased my wheel from China-aliexpress, i then have to use China "+86" (instead of my homecountry) to Register it.....

 

But then everything works fine.....

Perhaps you try registering on China also....if your seller did Import them without Gotway registering the Export....

Edited by KingSong69
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought my ACM from official Gotway selling in HK.  Have tried both HK and China codes but still nothing.  Don't know where the batch which he got from the factory where originally bound for but I guess I will need to go through the list.  Hopefully I will get lucky by choosing the more popular destinations first.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chuts said:

Bought my ACM from official Gotway selling in HK.  Have tried both HK and China codes but still nothing.  Don't know where the batch which he got from the factory where originally bound for but I guess I will need to go through the list.  Hopefully I will get lucky by choosing the more popular destinations first.

What does the error message say???

Mine said very concretly "MotorCode not available in this Country" or something similar which directed me to Change Country.....

But when it is more saying something like "Motorcode wrong" it will be more that the Motor is at all not in the database, you should contact linnea lin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/11/2016 at 5:56 PM, Chuts said:

Maybe should have just said out right from the start... Have they given the option to go even more stiffer than the sports mode. Or is the sports mode the most the actual hardware can handle.  Which is a shame because I find sports mode rather soft.

No. The MSuper is not a very stiff-feel machine, but no less excellent for it.

1 hour ago, Chuts said:

Bought my ACM from official Gotway selling in HK.  Have tried both HK and China codes but still nothing.  Don't know where the batch which he got from the factory where originally bound for but I guess I will need to go through the list.  Hopefully I will get lucky by choosing the more popular destinations first.

Just use the old version, my friend. No registration issues, works fine, looks OK.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

But when it is more saying something like "Motorcode wrong" it will be more that the Motor is at all not in the database, you should contact linnea lin.

Yeah this is what it says.

If it doesn't actually change the ride stiffness I might just keep using the older app instead.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cerbera said:

No. The MSuper is not a very stiff-feel machine, but no less excellent for it.

I'm actually riding an ACM.  I've ridden the MSuper 3 and the ACM feels softer.

Edit:  Additionally I have also tried the MSuper with the higher voltage (The 84v version?) and that one feels even more stiffer.

Edited by Chuts
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Chuts said:

Yeah this is what it says.

If it doesn't actually change the ride stiffness I might just keep using the older app instead.

...what this new app is mostly doing better is to add "social communication" Options, Riders Nearby etc etc

Also the look is better in the new app, but thats just my 2 Cents...

 

For the stiffness:

No, it doesn' t Change the ride stiffness....

There are the same 3 Options for ride mode as on the old app, and as far i can say, they also feel the same

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...