EUK riders

Luiz

Anyone in the Midlands?  Bought a TG T3 in a fit of madness a few weeks back and it arrived on Thursday.  Hadn't started bumping up against the annoying speed limiter til today - is still lots of fun, though.  Can see me possibly moving to a better wheel once I've got the hang of things properly.

Main lessons learned so far:

i) shinpads

ii) sometimes the wheel will be an absolute motherfucker to balance on and it will be as if you have forgotten everything.  Solution: check the damn thing is switched on

iii) in those early initial stages of trying it out indoors - avoid inadvertently firing yourself into a room full of expensive consumer products (btw Argos have some good deals on kettles going at the moment)

not sure what you guys do on meetups (long runs or trick sessions) but up for joining up for a falling off/incurring injuries sesh in the area

ii) sometimes the wheel will be an absolute motherfucker to balance on and it will be as if you have forgotten everything.  Solution: check the damn thing is switched on

iii) in those early initial stages of trying it out indoors - avoid inadvertently firing yourself into a room full of expensive consumer products (btw Argos have some good deals on kettles going at the moment)

Good points :D   I never tried to ride indoors, and always remember to check that the wheel is on and really balancing by moving it back and forth a little after turning it on. Had I not, I actually could have tried to hop on my Firewheel the first time it did the fault where the motor doesn't engage...

Thanks for the tag Gimlet, it's true I haven't been on here much lately. I can blame the last week on having a broken phone though. I've treated myself to an S6 (sim free) to finish my contract on.

It's good to hear there's another rider around me. I have heard of someone being spotted on what sounded like an Airwheel when I got the witness to describe it. I haven't seen them outside or online though.

I lol'd reading about the deal on kettles Mr Bump :-)

Solowheel xtreme, or I will do, was delivered about ten minutes ago.

Nice - they seem to have a lot of power compared to the top speed - maybe that's a safety thing...

My cheapo wheel could probably almost keep up but would dump me in any potholes that the Solowheel would just cruise through.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey guys! I'm a little late to the party, semi-new euc rider here. Live in Kent and riders around these parts are nonexistent. Willing to venture up London as it's only a 45min drive. Is there any euc community groups in London that still meet up? I'm interested in joining the fray lol. This spring/summer might be a good 2017 for some urban cruzin'

Feel free to msg me. Thanks!

Archived