Change BT board

frenchie

Hi all

I don't know if someone here already have a topic going about the hazard of connecting the battery to main board. I was forced to leave my main board disconnected for a week which of course discharged the "main" capacitors (right next to the BT board on the Msuper 3). Then I got a real heavy recharge spike when I connected the battery again. After that the BT board no longer worked, no signal is sent from over the air.

So, I found a replacement BT board and read the thread Converting the MSuper board to BT LE? by OliverH quite useful. However, I lack som basic info;

What's the baudrate the main board of the Msuper 3 use towards Bluetooth? Is there a change of baud rate during initial setup? Can't see that type of commands being sent from my main board but then again, I don't know for sure if my main board survived or not. I think so since everything still works and I suspect that the HC-06 Bluetooth board might have a setting saved to it and I'm currently lacking these for now.

That's very unfortunate. I saw a video of replacement of the mainboard that they do connect the power to the board directly.

I've replaced the mainboard of my V3 several times but I always use a 51 ohm resistor(10 to 100 Ohm will do) in series first, to charge the capacitor before connection.

In the case of BT board failure, better to ask the seller of the EUC too for replacement or information.

6 hours ago, zlymex said:

In the case of BT board failure, better to ask the seller of the EUC too for replacement or information.

I know (now) that I need a resistor in series the first time so no worries from here and onward. But this wheel was bought from a private import = I have no "official" speaking partner/dealer/seller. I'll connect my oscilloscope and measure the pace of the data coming from the main board connector. Should figure out the baud rate. Then I'll try to pre-program the BT-board with that speed and see if it'll keep the setting in a non-volatile memory.

Archived