New 10-inch EUC - does anybody know "Luffy"?

Tilmann

Since GotWay ended production of the Mten more than a year ago, I don't think anybody else had an EUC of that size in the market (to the very disappointment of some friends who tried my Mten). Today, a facebook post of "Pushy Pin" (is he here?) made me aware of this beauty:

Luffy_10inch.jpg

Information is sketchy at best and range estimates sound over optimistic:

Luffy_2.jpeg

Sources:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-Rockwheel-Powered-unicycle-mini-self-balancing-electric-vehicle-Single-car-wheel-instead-of/32352434110.html

https://world.taobao.com/item/539387265870.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.BMoz2l#detail

Does anybody know more about this wheel or the "Luffy" brand?

Kind of cute, that one. I always had an eye for a "pocket" wheel and the top model seems to sport a 500W motor. Hm... but the specs also say 75kg load which means I will have to lose 7-8kg which I have never weighed even during my most intense running period.:( Google turned up zilch but I guess you already tried.

16 hours ago, Snurre said:

Kind of cute, that one. I always had an eye for a "pocket" wheel and the top model seems to sport a 500W motor. Hm... but the specs also say 75kg load which means I will have to lose 7-8kg which I have never weighed even during my most intense running period.:( Google turned up zilch but I guess you already tried.

According to seller the motor is only 250W for all models. Also the pedals are fairly low so no tight turns for sure. The weight limit is 75 (or 80?) Kg so that exclude large portion of adult westerner riders as well. I still like the look and most of all "pocket" size and weight of the wheel so I've asked the seller for some more details.

18 hours ago, Tilmann said:

Some more info from seller:

- It have BT module and Mobile App

- Audible Speed warning at 17.5 - 18 Km/h

- Tiltback at 19.5 - 20 Km/h

- There seems to be some conflicting info about max load - from 75 over 80 to even 100 so he's awaiting clarification from supplier / manufacturer.

Battery1.jpg

Bqttery2.jpg

Charger.jpg

Controller.jpg

Front.jpg

Opened.jpg

Packaging.jpg

Pro277Wh.jpg

Shell.jpg

5 minutes ago, cloudust said:

the picture (pic 6) of a man riding a product. I think 'a product' is a ninebot one s2.

Looks like that one was mixed  in by accident so I've removed it to avoid confusion - thanks for noticing that ;)

There's also this little tiny EYU.CO V8S wheel that was discussed a while back if anyone wants a small wheel option.  I think John tried one out, but he said it was quite difficult to ride.  @MonsieurBadgerCheese bought one if I recall correctly.

http://www.eyu.co/?p=1&a=view&r=23

• 4 weeks later...
On 22/11/2016 at 2:19 PM, HEC said:

According to seller the motor is only 250W for all models. Also the pedals are fairly low so no tight turns for sure. The weight limit is 75 (or 80?) Kg so that exclude large portion of adult westerner riders as well. I still like the look and most of all "pocket" size and weight of the wheel so I've asked the seller for some more details.

250w???? What a shame...:crying:
The original GW Mten was 500w with high pedals, isn't it?

19 minutes ago, Hirsute said:

250w???? What a shame...:crying:
The original GW Mten was 500w with high pedals, isn't it?

Hi Damien, my Mten2 says 450 Watt. Due to the smaller wheel diameter, torque translates much better into motion and even <500 Watt motors will move you up pretty steep inclines. Specs on the Mten2 list top speed at 20 kph, but I never felt tempted to go much beyond the alarm level at 15 kph. At low speeds its tons of fun though :w00t2:. Nothing beats my Mten2 on intra-office race tracks :ph34r:.  Regardless of whether it's GW's own creation or inherited from another manufacturer into the GW product line - I can't imagine, they settle with 250 Watt. After all, they always try to be the performance leader in the market. 

On 11/21/2016 at 3:18 PM, Tilmann said:

Since GotWay ended production of the Mten more than a year ago, I don't think anybody else had an EUC of that size in the market (to the very disappointment of some friends who tried my Mten). Today, a facebook post of "Pushy Pin" (is he here?) made me aware of this beauty:

Luffy_10inch.jpg

Information is sketchy at best and range estimates sound over optimistic:

Luffy_2.jpeg

Sources:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-Rockwheel-Powered-unicycle-mini-self-balancing-electric-vehicle-Single-car-wheel-instead-of/32352434110.html

https://world.taobao.com/item/539387265870.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.BMoz2l#detail

Here is a review http://www.phczx.com/phcpc/3400_0.html and a disassembly post on the 10" "Monkey" 路飞= LUFFY  http://www.znphc.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=8026 ... it's in Chinese with some links to other sites for pics, but you can use Google translate

51 minutes ago, Chris Westland said:

It would be fun to try this little munchkin out! Unfortunately aliexpress will not ship it to the USA! Wonder why? :crying: Will they at least ship me the girl!

1 hour ago, Chris Westland said:

Will they at least send me the girl! I will pay for shipping!:thumbup:

You_Doodle_2016-12-17T22_16_55Z.jpg

18 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Wife called AliExpress and said not to ship to you unfortunately.  You've got too many toys already.  :innocent1:

Not that T:)Y!

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love You are responding faster than it can keep up! Handicapped here with 1 digit typing:crying:

Luffy is definitely small!

Has anyone ever purchased from English Taobao? They will ship to the USA but import duties are not covered and the possibility exists that the unicycle will be banned from entering the country!

IMG_0480.JPG

2 hours ago, trya said:

thanks, @Chris Westland, the review is quite informative. Unfortunately the pictures of disassembled wheel can't be seen on the forum (second link) without registering on it - but there are enough pics in the first review :)

Sadly one challenge in accessing Baidu is that they use Hanzi Captchas ... but I don't think there was anything to learn from these pictures that you couldn't pick up in the first review ...

Archived