experience/real world specs/

As we all know manufacturers will sometimes over sell their product to the customer to make the sale, and some will undersell their product. well this is a thread that I will edit as needed about my experience, youtube videos to come just a little busy to edit and upload ( I don't realistically have the time for this right now but ill bang it out and edit it later )

DAY1 : don't know if it's because I skateboard and snowboard but I jumped on this thing and picked it up immediately and have only been getting better, within the first 10 mins I was kicked off the track by the loudspeaker dude "No wheeled devices on track please" so I took it up the mountain road pretty good thing climbs hills like a mule.  Two full charges that day and I covered 22kms total.

Day2: Took to the streets passed by some cops, not sure if they seen me but they didnt' stop me. towed some kids up a hill on their skateboards with a piece of rope I had in my backpack. They were impressed two full charges today and I've done 30kms total. I've now taken to offroading and hopping curbs grass and gravel are no big thing I look for stuff to try and stop my wheel, fallen a few times but again all the skateboarding and snowboarding it's nothing really I maxxed it out tonight so the pedals tilted so hard they threw me I'm able to run it out. caught me offguard a few times while offroading but again was still able to recover with a little effort//meanwhile last bit of my roll on my rip-disk cops went back and fourth a few times not sure if it's just cuz its saturday or if theyy were looking at me and

A. trying to figure out what i was on
B. waiting for me to do somethign wrong so they can pull me over 
C. trying to make up a new law to come tell me to get off it 

either way the general public just says hey whats that where can i buy one.

tips are to RELAX the harder you try the more your not going to be able to do it 

If you receive the wrong charger you can use the power cord for your computer.

the ninebot it real world situation lasts for about 12kms and I weigh about 55 kilos

You can turn tighter circles if you just commit, it is a motorcycle tire so GET YOUR LEAN ON, I drifted today around a corner and stayed on, wish my buddy behind me on his bike woulda had a camera. basically came at this corner top 18kms/h and the corner was dusted in sand and light small gravel, needless to say I didn't crash but I almost pooped my pants, my stomach dropped like I was falling and then I Was good again. Either way I'm off to bed I rode this thing as much as I could the last two days with no ill effects to any of my body I thought I was sore when I woke up in the morning, turned out I slept wrong.

DAY3: Left this morning amazing day 12kms traveled and still at 60% battery  I know what the overcharge shudder is now it doesnt bother me. Today I took a bunby sidewalk  max speed onto a lawn back to sidewalk slight downhill and its just like skiing/snowboarding only your not attached, minor issues I had were on the big bumps sometimes my feet would leave the pedal for a split second and when they met again my footing was different therefor having to counter my balance all over. high speed turbulence is actually kind of fun. keeps you guessing 

Still no backwards though:(

Great review it was a fun read :D

​thanks I'm editing all the junk out of the videos now, lots of "nothing in frame" lol and random not needed-ness

I'm five days on the NOE+ and that last two days have used it to commute from Vancouver's North Shore and into Vancouver, about 10 miles round trip.  A beautiful ride across the Lion's Gate Bridge, through Stanley Park, and along Coal Harbour's seawall then into the City.

It took me about two minutes (three tops) to learn to ride the NOE+, and I attribute that to having a "Bongo Board" on the hard floor and beside my desk at work.  When I need to get up and stretch or if I am on the phone, I get onto the Bongo Board for a while, and it has really helped my balance and my confidence - both things that one needs on the NOE+.

As to an Amazon review of the Bongo Board, one reviewer stated: "I was gifted this by a friend, a friend who clearly wants me dead. My obituary will note that this this product is incredibly challenging, core toning, and my direct cause-of-death."

Oh, and doing yoga in the past helped for breathing - when I get nervous on the NOE+ I concentrate on breathing to calm down.

​You need to master the more relaxing way to ride long distance: http://bit.ly/1G48sEs* Go through my post there is one youtube posted by Taiwanese regarding that topic.

\\

the ninebot it real world situation lasts for about 12kms and I weigh about 55 kilos

​C+ will run more than 12kms this days. Are you talking about full charge only last 12kms with 55kilos weights?

That is not right. Check your tyre pressure and upgrade to the new framework please.

I have the E+ and will do another test tomorrow. just editing some video right now.

​C+ will run more than 12kms this days. Are you talking about full charge only last 12kms with 55kilos weights?

That is not right. Check your tyre pressure and upgrade to the new framework please.

I have the E+ and will do another test tomorrow. just editing some video right now.

​This is me, your man. I know you had E+ because that what I supplied. But the cruise range looks very wrong.

​Of course this is also affected a lot by how you ride and in which kind of conditions. Uphills, high speeds and lot of accelerations can eat your battery a lot faster, as does low temperature and strong headwinds. With lots of bumps and such, the wheel also needs to use somewhat more power for balancing.

Although probably not directly comparative to Ninebot, if you look at my signature, you can see that my range on 260Wh Firewheel has changed between 18.25km with very strong head winds, enough to almost totally stop me during high speed gusts, despite leaning forwards, and low temperature around +9 Celsius (around 42 Fahrenheit), to 23.1km with low winds and temperature at around +14 Celsius (about 57 Fahrenheit) and up to 25.8km (not much wind, +19 Celsius = around 66 Fahrenheit). On each of those range tests, I rode the battery from full to as empty as the wheel would let me (until the "Power is low"-warning and it wouldn't let me ride anymore). In all cases, there have been varying road conditions, uphills and lots of accelerations. Maybe on the 25.8km test I rode somewhat slower on average than on the other two.

And like mengke mentioned, tire pressure is also a factor, with lower pressure, the wheel rolling resistance can a be a lot higher and requires more power to move. Ive ridden these with around or little over 4 bar (58 psi) of tire pressure. I'm 57kg, maybe around 60kg with full safety gear.

[10-11m/s winds, +9C: 18.25km] [2-3m/s winds, +14C: 23.1km] [2-4m/s wind, +19C: 25.8km]

so tonight once it's charged I am headed to the school track on a full charge it is flat surface with no incline or decline  the temp outside is +17C the tire pressure is 44psi there is roughly 160 kms on the wheel right now, will report back with kms driven 

EDIT:  I got busy and didn't make it to the track :(  but I'll make sure to do that this week sometime

• 1 month later...

Archived