Msuper3, wheel for a starter?

Bram

This machine is not based on your list but I just remember about it and it is easier to balance  @serfy. In general all can be taken in planes but the you will need a unit specially modified for battery swapping. Look at this dual tron. I will think about your list and post later. 

http://www.dual-tron.com/page/duronman

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Carlos E Rodriguez said:

This machine is not based on your list but I just remember about it and it is easier to balance  @serfy. In general all can be taken in planes but the you will need a unit specially modified for battery swapping. Look at this dual tron. I will think about your list and post later. 

http://www.dual-tron.com/page/duronman

that's cool as shit!

9 hours ago, serfy said:

do they allow them on planes if batteries can be shipped separately?

lately many airlines started to refuse to take any EUCs even without battery, so you have to check carefully. 

10 hours ago, kour said:

the msuper v3 will be my first wheel - never been on one

I would advise not having the MSuper as your first wheel because it is more massive and the plastic shell is thinner it is more prone to breakage if you drop it while learning. See the Speedyfeet video of them dropping this particular wheel. Otherwise the 18 inch wheel makes it rather easy to learn and ride on. It is an $1800 wheel, so I cringe if I ever drop and break it (I haven't dropped my MSuper 1600 yet but I feel it is merely a matter of time).

I think something like a light and reliable Inmotion V3, V5, or V8 is more advisable although I've only ridden the V5.

Inmotion V5F+ is so refined and reliable that it is almost...boring. But in a good way. It has rear and front lights, the disarm handle button, and an easy dolly arm that just makes it the perfect first wheel.

The new msupers have the rubberized black shells. If they're like the ACM's, they are very stable.

But that still makes the wheel susceptible to scratches (especially the side panels which are harder) so pad up the wheel good before you ever use it on a hard surface. Your very first crash will do the most damage, so don't wait and see, do it beforehand.

On my ACM, I would have needed but did not have all the padding (learn from my mistakes;)) on:

• underside of pedals
  • underside of the metal part the pedals are attached to
  • basically the entire edge of where the side panels meet the shell
  • the entire upper part of the side panel if it's a protruding one
  • actually, any edge and area that protrudes outward on the sides
  • side cushions
  • where the shell hits the ground if you tilt the wheel forward and backward

Of course you can just bang up the wheel, but you don't have to.

@serfy. Look at the AirWheel Q3, Q6. they have double wheels which should provide higher loading. The second benefit is that it stays up-right all the time.  For using as a photography platform it might provide a more stable with less effort and ability to mount and dismount quickly.Battery capacity is not large but you might want to have it modified to make is easy to swap packs. You might need two machines. A work machine that is stable and forgiving and a leisure machine with power and range.

airwheel Q6.jpg

@serfyOr two for the price of one.  The "IOTA" might be the cheapest best deal for you to try but now they have this offer that you could get the "IOTA" plus a 16" "Scorpion" . From the company "INVENTIST" the creator of the EUC and pattent owner.

Specifications: 

• Range: up to 8 miles (12.8 km)
  • Speed: capable of 10 mph (16 kph)
  • Incline: 15 degrees
  • Weight: approx. 8 pounds (3.6 kg)
  • Width: 7” (17.8 cm)
  • Weight limit: 250 lbs (113.4 kg)
  • Inflatable 8” (20 cm) wheel
  • 1000W motor
  • 100Wh lithium ion battery
  • Charge time: approx. 40 minutes
  • Front and rear lights
  •  

7 hours ago, Carlos E Rodriguez said:

@serfyOr two for the price of one.  The "IOTA" might be the cheapest best deal for you to try but now they have this offer that you could get the "IOTA" plus a 16" "Scorpion" . From the company "INVENTIST" the creator of the EUC and pattent owner.

Specifications: 

• 1000W motor
  • Front and rear lights
  •  

AMAZING.  They reached their 200K goal and the kickstarter is closed.

On 4/13/2017 at 3:55 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

So don't be distracted by crazy Russians going 35 mph or fantasy numbers by the manufacturers. That's not normal.

Very informative, especially that part, which is the conclusion I reached after spending too much time on YouTube. (Albeit I do confess I am a subscriber to that guy with the (purported) Russian accent who fires all kinds of weaponry.)

On 4/18/2017 at 0:47 PM, Carlos E Rodriguez said:

Specifications: 

• 1000W motor
  • Front and rear lights
  •  
On 4/18/2017 at 7:56 PM, Carlos E Rodriguez said:

The Iota is pretty cool!  The size makes it attractive, tho I've had bad luck with Kickstarter campaigns, so I'd wait till it was a reality. The Airwheel just doesn't excite me. Is the side to side the hard balance, or the front to back? 
I'll probably got a for a uni, cause it looks like a blast and take it from there. I think if I got really good with it I could balance a camera...

Thanks for all your input!  I really appreciate it! 

On 4/18/2017 at 11:36 AM, Carlos E Rodriguez said:

@serfy. Look at the AirWheel Q3, Q6. they have double wheels which should provide higher loading. The second benefit is that it stays up-right all the time.  For using as a photography platform it might provide a more stable with less effort and ability to mount and dismount quickly.Battery capacity is not large but you might want to have it modified to make is easy to swap packs. You might need two machines. A work machine that is stable and forgiving and a leisure machine with power and range.

airwheel Q6.jpg

I'm now looking back at the two wheel design as it does make sense because you can stand in one place, and it's much easier to learn. InMotion also makes a two wheeled model. Since they both have 14" wheels, is there a reason you like the Airwheel over the InMotion? Maybe later I could get a KingSong 18"...eWheels has the inmotion on sale for $550 which is pretty cheap!

On 4/17/2017 at 4:32 PM, serfy said:

I

I am 90% set on V8 as well. My only concern or "what about this" is the KS18 has a seat. For doing camera work, being able to sit still or rest between takes would be an asset and pretty cool in general. Is it pretty easy to sit on them? I wonder if they hire really small people for example videos and photos, then when my larger frame (6'1" 230lbs)  gets on it sitting isn't really an option. The other way to look at it is, learn on the V8 then sell it once I get good. I'm betting it will retain much of its value for 6 months. From what I've learned smaller units are lighter and thus easier to learn on.

That's something that only recently crossed my mind too.  I'm 6'1 1/2" and have seen some kingsong 18 seated riding videos, but it was hard to guess how tall the fellow riding is.  I don't know about you, but I find that if my knees are poking upwards from sitting on something too small for my height, it's first uncomfortable and then after a while I lose bloodflow, which makes my legs fall asleep and is bad in that it can cause deep vein thrombosis (that famous airline killer).  

So while the Kingsong 18's seat looks awesome to me ... it could just be a false promise ...

Aw it's too bad that @Bryan Wells set his videos to private.  He did some really good reviews, and he's a pretty tall rider.  He might have sold his wheel too... maybe had a bad accident... or maybe DVT ;)?  Still some good info in there... the seat didn't give him any troubles as far as I saw, but he did do a peddle mod.

1 hour ago, Dingfelder said:

That's something that only recently crossed my mind too.  I'm 6'1 1/2" and have seen some kingsong 18 seated riding videos, but it was hard to guess how tall the fellow riding is.  I don't know about you, but I find that if my knees are poking upwards from sitting on something too small for my height, it's first uncomfortable and then after a while I lose bloodflow, which makes my legs fall asleep and is bad in that it can cause deep vein thrombosis (that famous airline killer).  

So while the Kingsong 18's seat looks awesome to me ... it could just be a false promise ...

This is the one bad thing about the internet. There's literally not one dealer for these things in LA. One of the biggest cities in the world and I can't go look at them.

I ride motorcycles and I'm not THAT big, but I have to raise the seat and have raising links. I find most things in life are made for the "average Joe" who's 5'7"

3 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Aw it's too bad that @Bryan Wells set his videos to private.  He did some really good reviews, and he's a pretty tall rider.  He might have sold his wheel too... maybe had a bad accident... or maybe DVT ;)?  Still some good info in there... the seat didn't give him any troubles as far as I saw, but he did do a peddle mod.

Thanks for that link.  I'm gonna read the whole thread, but already there it starts off with another reassuring thumbs up regarding the seat.  Big thumbs up it seems.  Did Bryan keep any reviews public anywhere?  Also ... ack I hope he didnt' hurt himself.  I'm not a young man and can't take too much smashing into pavement anymore.  Not that that was ever something I enjoyed while young, but I think what bent then might break now.

2 hours ago, serfy said:

This is the one bad thing about the internet. There's literally not one dealer for these things in LA. One of the biggest cities in the world and I can't go look at them.

I ride motorcycles and I'm not THAT big, but I have to raise the seat and have raising links.

That there's not a single dealer in L.A. speaks volumes about how little EUC's have penetrated public consciousness thus far.  I lived in L.A. for more than 20 years and that place is immense ... the sprawl is unbelievable, with every kind of neighborhood you could think of, and there are supposedly like 20 million people there now.  It's also a big trend-setter for the rest of the country, often years ahead in all kinds of ways. If EUC's are not even there yet, it's hard to imagine them anywhere.  

Regarding your modding your motorcycles, I hope I don't have to do that sort of thing with whatever wheel I buy.  I'm not mechanically inclined at all, and ... maybe even a little clumsy.  When I draw a circle it comes out an oval broken into two lines that don't meet.  

I wonder where I can get something fix that gets busted.  

I find most things in life are made for the "average Joe" who's 5'7"

Or the average woman, who's 5'2".  The world is built for people who don't have to stoop over an extra foot to make contact.

Hey guys, thanks for all the concerns, Naw i'm fine lol no accidents at all. 

I didn't mean to set the videos to private. I will give a link once it's fixed. After a TON of use between our 3 nine bots and the ks-18a i'd have to say i really prefer the fun ride of the ninebots for messing around and the ks-18a seems a bit out of tune unless you are traveling really far often. The seat on the ks-18 is also meh... at best, it just is awkward in general for me at 6'3-3/4"

If I had to start all over again I would have gotten a acm or a m super v3. They just plain ride better.

9 minutes ago, Bryan Wells said:

Hey guys, thanks for all the concerns, Naw i'm fine lol no accidents at all. 

I didn't mean to set the videos to private. I will give a link once it's fixed. After a TON of use between our 3 nine bots and the ks-18a i'd have to say i really prefer the fun ride of the ninebots for messing around and the ks-18a seems a bit out of tune unless you are traveling really far often. The seat on the ks-18 is also meh... at best, it just is awkward in general for me at 6'3-3/4"

If I had to start all over again I would have gotten a acm or a m super v3. They just plain ride better.

Thanks Bryan, good to hear every voice and opinion on something I'm thinking of spending thousands on ... as well as entrusting my health to.

If it's not made clear in your videos, would you care to elaborate on what makes you think aspects of the acm or super v3 ride better?

Also, was the sitting position one that made your knees go above your hip joints when seated?  That's when the blood flow starts to get cut off, for me.Too much pinching as my upper and lower legs get pressed into an acute angle.

3 minutes ago, Bryan Wells said:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdffW80V-SalSgPW67FwmKA 

here is my youtube, you can find stuff there and things lol.

I'm gonna check it out tonight, thanks for going to the effort!

11 minutes ago, Dingfelder said:

Thanks Bryan, good to hear every voice and opinion on something I'm thinking of spending thousands on ... as well as entrusting my health to.

If it's not made clear in your videos, would you care to elaborate on what makes you think aspects of the acm or super v3 ride better?

Also, was the sitting position one that made your knees go above your hip joints when seated?  That's when the blood flow starts to get cut off, for me.Too much pinching as my upper and lower legs get pressed into an acute angle.

I'm gonna check it out tonight, thanks for going to the effort!

Well in a nutshell you will have to take my word for it when i say its a good thing for a wheel to handle like a ninebot. The ACM is like a ninebot... but on roids, it has more power more speed and more battery. But the key for me after all the miles I have been on these things is the feel of the pedals. (Does it feel "accurate") you see, a bunch of the wheels feel like there really is a computer trying to save you all the time, or that there is a springy feel or lag in the "quickness" that it tries to catch up and get underneath you. But a ninebot or acm is like standing on concrete. Its SOLID and NIMBLE! and just riding it inspires a LOT of confidence. Probably the worst feel I have been on so far is the Solowheels. Not ktrying to knock them but they feel like they will throw you on your face at a blink of an eye.

10 minutes ago, Bryan Wells said:

Well in a nutshell you will have to take my word for it when i say its a good thing for a wheel to handle like a ninebot. The ACM is like a ninebot... but on roids, it has more power more speed and more battery. But the key for me after all the miles I have been on these things is the feel of the pedals. (Does it feel "accurate") you see, a bunch of the wheels feel like there really is a computer trying to save you all the time, or that there is a springy feel or lag in the "quickness" that it tries to catch up and get underneath you. But a ninebot or acm is like standing on concrete. Its SOLID and NIMBLE! and just riding it inspires a LOT of confidence. Probably the worst feel I have been on so far is the Solowheels. Not ktrying to knock them but they feel like they will throw you on your face at a blink of an eye.

Well if you are almost 6'4", I imagine you must be close enough to 200 (or more) to put something like an ACM to the same kind of weight test I would burden it with.  That's a good endorsement.  I watched your first video in this thread and I recall you looking like you have an average to slim build in that one.

Thanks for the feedback again.  I'm looking forward to watching the rest of your videos.  It sounds like you've been on a few EUC's so you'll be speaking from experience.

Archived