Holy crap... WHAT THE HE__ is this? UPDATE = FIXED by me (as hard as that is to believe)

Greg Spalding

Most of you are aware I have been training on my  GotWay MCM 4

It has taking a lot of tumbles during the training the wood has been fully padded and I have been training on a rubberized floor

After one tumble today there began to be a rattling inside the wheel's case but the wheel was operating normally

It was suggested I open the cover defined out what is rattling inside

I opened it up and here is what I found

What the hell is this, please?

https://savel.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Swap-file/i-xFsxWfC/A

https://savel.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Swap-file/i-G3vDw7K/A

Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 6.09.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 6.09.35 PM.png

@Marty Backe has told me that this is my Bluetooth module

I remove the four screws that hold the Control Board in place but there is no way to slide that board out without breaking something and I'm not going to do that but nonetheless with my strongest flashlight I can still not see where that Bluetooth module was plugged in and the control board is not so large as I would have missed it so perhaps somebody else here has an idea

Of course the wheel works fine without it but you can't connect to your phone and adjust anythingSo the wheel becomes UNrideable safely

Again, all of my training is been on a rubberized floor inside of sports court at a local school where I am on the board of trustees and was given the opportunity to use this area for my training. I had 10 times more padding on that we'll be necessary but it did tumble many times during the initial stages of my training.

If someone could help me I would greatly appreciated. I have sent a message to @myfunwheel And I'm sure that Dion will also respond soon because he's an awesome guy this is not his fault but just a matter of circumstance about a Bluetooth module is probably not seated properly at the factory in China. 

Thanking all of you, as always, in advance

Greg

Here's a photo of one control board.  I don't know if it's the MCM4 one, but there should be a header on the board labelled BT or something similar I think with pinout labels so you can plug the BT module back in correctly.  If you have some silicone you can glue it securely back into place.

9002fbb07b.jpeg

Maybe try securing it to the nearby capacitor (those two large cylindrical components).

I maneuvered the control board out far enough to get the Bluetooth module back in place but because a control Board does not come out there is no way to put enough silicone cement (which this pediatrician does NOT have "IN STOCK AT THIS HOUR."  I did use and taping other glued to keep it off of the printed circuit board site everything is reassembled the wheel is working fine Bluetooth connection is successful. I greatly appreciate that picture so far everything is okay. How many bumps it can go over before it falls out again is anybody's guess.... :cheers:.

Thanks for getting that picture to me and taking your time to do that. I greatly appreciate it

20 minutes ago, jrkline said:

That it definitely your Bluetooth module despite what @Marty Backe says,after all,he's only an electrical engineer.:DBut seriously,if you want some help,post some pics of the control board.

thanks... 

fixed.... but, NOT in place PERMANENTLY i fear because that control board doesn't slide out even if loosened up.... did the best i could to SECURE IT "PERMANENTLY."

all is working well now. 

thank you for everything

27 minutes ago, jrkline said:

That it definitely your Bluetooth module despite what @Marty Backe says,after all,he's only an electrical engineer.:DBut seriously,if you want some help,post some pics of the control board.

Are you sure that isn't the Flux Capacitor?

Archived