MSuper up a kerb?

2 hours ago, Scully said:

I've had the MSuper 2 weeks now, it's still unmarked - I just haven't been brave enough to hop up a kerb yet.... have you/?

I'm in the same boat as you - also had my MS for 2 weeks, also haven't fallen off it yet, and also nervous of going up kerbs :) 

I do notice that small kerbs that used be danger zones for my Airwheel, can be just rolled over with an MSuper, without any sort of jumping action. But that is not the case for kerbs of more than about 5 cm. I have found that if you try to roll up kerbs higher than that (without a jump manoeuvre) you do get a hard jolt that seriously risks de-footing you.

But using the basic 'crouch and jump' technique I have had mine up about 10 cm, but haven't dared go much higher than that so far, at least until my protective bumper strip gets here ! The plastic on my V3 is really very scratch-prone, and the machine's own weight gives it the potential to damage itself even in small falls. I assume the latter, if not the former also applies to the MS2 ?

4 hours ago, Scully said:

I've had the MSuper 2 weeks now, it's still unmarked - I just haven't been brave enough to hop up a kerb yet.... have you/?

I can get up a pretty big curb.  It's actually a lot easier then you think.  If the curb is small enough you can just roll up it. It the bigger ones I try and slightly hop at the point of impact.  But you really don't even have to hop off the board but it's just to get your weight going in that direction.  Once you try it you'll be like that was easier then I thought.  

Yeah, I've done a few on my NB, so I know it's possible.... 

I'll try and be brave. LOL

It hurts more when Ian posts videos like this.... 

But then, I guess he did get his 1st scratch out of the way one day 1. 

Archived