Skateboard plateform sidestance EUC?

UKJ

Hello,

As I kite board different styles, hydrofoil, twin tip, surf directional, wakeskate all using side facing stance, I am interested in making a wood platform

to fit my KS14c to allow fore and aft foot placement to aid in balance training and just for fun!

Is it worth the time and does it work?

Seems like the mount and dismount could be hard maybe always needing a support?

Has anyone done this and will post results.

I know dedicated one wheel self balancing skateboards exist and saw a video of a guy who built a platform like I imagine,

Any and all input more than welcome, Thanks!

ukj

No offence but I have been doing standard cylinder rola bola, balance board, for years and juggle clubs while on with ease.

But what is REALLY hard is this, I am learning SLOWLY,

10 minutes in,

ukj

11 hours ago, UKJ said:

I know dedicated one wheel self balancing skateboards exist and saw a video of a guy who built a platform like I imagine,

It could be interesting, and a good practice. But it wouldn't be very practical for transport - hills would be almost impossible...

If you have a similar generic wheel usually the pedals have those open holes under the standing platform.  If you could fashion some U shaped metal or wooden pieces with a little thicker and wider part on the bottom of the U and connect them to the pedals you could place one in front and one in back.  

That would lock the pedals in the down position, and you could possibly ride it like a single wheeled skateboard without all the extra length in front and back that the wooden board has.

f9e5762680.jpeg

Or if you drilled some holes through the pedals to insert some metal support bars you could then attach small standing platforms on top of either end.  That would be more secure to have some metal bars I think than two separate U platforms.  

Or you could attach the metal supports on top of the pedals near the shell then you wouldn't need to drill holes lengthwise.  You could then secure the support rods with clamps drilled into the top part of the pedals.

Or maybe cut up a broom stick and jury rig something up with two pieces and some fencing wire?  Attach two small platforms at the end of each, and that should get you rolling!?

On 6.11.2016 at 11:34 AM, UKJ said:

Hello,

As I kite board different styles, hydrofoil, twin tip, surf directional, wakeskate all using side facing stance, I am interested in making a wood platform

to fit my KS14c to allow fore and aft foot placement to aid in balance training and just for fun!

Is it worth the time and does it work?

Seems like the mount and dismount could be hard maybe always needing a support?

Has anyone done this and will post results.

ukj

I have done similar but never "had time" to learn to ride it. Will try it again next summer. I tried to get a surfing feel.

Edit:Saw this video for the first time. It seems it's not impossible to control. One problem is you can't accelerate and break fully Too bad the motor is inside the wheel. Otherwise you could just change to smaller wheel. I've seen the videos of Onewheel (?) and I think the wheel is too wide for fun riding. It's easier to learn with fat wheel but then it might become too easy too boring too fast.

Definitely will try learning to to ride mine next summer after seeing this video.

Forgot to mention I kiteboard also.

Archived