Switched the pedals on my 1640wh V3 from one side to the other

Although I am much more used to the MS3 now, and no longer have any problems gaining speed on flat ground, I could still do with that little boost uphill without having to do any thigh squeezing and pushing, which, I suspect, may leave us looking to the general public rather more like we are having an incontinence episode than stylishly wafting our wheels uphill :)

I can see I am going to have to try this. (Goes and finds the Allen keys).

So nobody's getting scraping on the hard turns then, with this configuration ?

CBR

2 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Although I am much more used to the MS3 now, and no longer have any problems gaining speed on flat ground, I could still do with that little boost uphill without having to do any thigh squeezing and pushing, which, I suspect, may leave us looking to the general public rather more like we are having an incontinence episode than stylishly wafting our wheels uphill :)

I can see I am going to have to try this. (Goes and finds the Allen keys).

that is hysterical

Excellent - done that now. For anyone trying it themselves, you need a metric 5mm allen wrench, the screws undo different ways on each side, and get ready to catch the little washers that fall off when you remove the big central pole. Also, keep end screw pieces with their original pedal, and you'll have an easier time. Be very careful not to cross-thread these end stops into the pedals as you reinsert them. You can also use the short end of your allen wrench to center the pole to the pedal when you come to reattach things.

So that all done, I'll be trying my reversopedals tomorrow, assuming this torrential rain stops. Congrats to @Donafello for the fastest, easiest mod of all time :)

10 hours ago, Donafello said:

Is this a 1640Wh. Thats what I have and I love it;) I have a couple questions for you. Did you cut thepadding that came original on the v3

1- do the pedals make a big difference extended?

2- What is your range on a full charge?

1. It is softer and more comfortable.

2. Approximately 12 to 13 hours.

Did my first run with the switched pedals today... interesting. For reference, I am 55 Kg, in 'comfortable' mode, and the wheel is calibrated to 0 degrees.

Things I noticed included:

• There was definitely a new foot position required for me. I am used to toes pointed slightly in, so some immediate readjustment was required there. Not sure if I like that foot position yet. I am very much the opposite of duck-footed :) But still an enjoyable ride.
  • Uphills were improved, but by a slightly disappointing amount, and I had to consciously move my feet outwards at the toes to avoid overlean when tackling slopes.
  • Braking was affected ! Wasn't expecting that. I have to try much harder to brake now.
  • I came close to over-leaning twice, which would be the first time in 2000 hours that's happened. I suspect my feet were too far inwards at the time, so not transmitting my toe-power into enough of the pedal
  • I did several very tight turns during today's travels, and no pedal scraping, so that's not a problem at least.

So, it's been an interesting day. I'm going to keep the pedals reversed for at least a week so I can more fairly judge if this is better when my stance and technique has had some time to adjust.

CBR

Archived