Switched the pedals on my 1640wh V3 from one side to the other

what I noticed was when looking down on my msuper pedals the top edge was more recessed then the rear edge. When i ride I usually put my feet rigth up against the unit and then the tips I turn outwards a little. So flipping the pedals was a good move for me. I'm not sure what happened but it just feels like I have so much better control of the unit when swapping them. I'm in love with this beast of a machine

1 hour ago, Donafello said:

I'm in love with this beast of a machine

I know what you mean. I haven't loved any machine I've owned (even guitars) as much as that MSV3 - it is a proper beast of a wheel :)

In fact I'm going to stop typing about it and go and get on it while I still have some daylight...

55 minutes ago, zlymex said:

I felt the same thing, but I added pedal extensions.

can we see a picture, please?

thanks

1 hour ago, Donafello said:

what I noticed was when looking down on my msuper pedals the top edge was more recessed then the rear edge. When i ride I usually put my feet rigth up against the unit and then the tips I turn outwards a little. So flipping the pedals was a good move for me. I'm not sure what happened but it just feels like I have so much better control of the unit when swapping them. I'm in love with this beast of a machine

glad that worked out

very interesting

37 minutes ago, zlymex said:

pedal-ext.jpg

For my V2:
pedpins.jpg

So you also had a v2 and V3. My V2 pedals are bigger on which I noticed instantly, but I must admit after swicthing it I dont think I need to do anything else. I'm a size 11 foot and even though it hangs over the edge in the front and back it feels great. Also the grip tape I a huge plus as in wet weather i almost flew off my wheel after hitting a bump and feet almost sliding off. 

19 hours ago, Donafello said:

On your V3 why do you have the 3 screws in the middle metal piece that holds the pedal to the wheel???? Im really curious why you did that

The three nuts on the left side of the photo is for fastening the Anti-slip nail. I'm about to add three on the front side as well.
The three screws on the right side of the photo is for attach the added metal piece to the pedal. I'm about to add one more on the rear.

I confirm that switching pedals on MS3 increases the hill climbing ability. But it is still not enough for me to push hard to climb a hill my NB1E+ can do. I will turn on my wheelLog to record the current next time.

We should keep in mind that make pedal longer in the front increases the torque you can apply to the wheel. Hence you should decrease your max speed.

7 hours ago, zlymex said:

The three nuts on the left side of the photo is for fastening the Anti-slip nail. I'm about to add three on the front side as well.
The three screws on the right side of the photo is for attach the added metal piece to the pedal. I'm about to add one more on the rear.

Not on the pedal itself but in the middle of the petal you have 3 screws that go into the piece that the rod go through. 

Someone should do a poll of how many people prefer toes straight ahead and toes pointed out.  Would be interesting to see.  I have started pointing toes outward a little more and feel a little more control and comfort.

My feet are size 13, and am still thinking of adding pedal extensions, like @zlymex but I'm a little lazy.^_^

On 2016/11/7 at 10:07 AM, Donafello said:

On you V3 to the right of were is says made in china you have 3 screws in the metal piece.  What are those for???

Those 3 stainless screws are for pedals to swing up.
T260qiaos.jpg

I need this in order to press my legs firmly on the wheel for stunt ride and cross-country ride.
lifthall.gif
OneFootUpSlope.gif
brim-well.jpg
backforth2.jpg

Also, it give more clearance from the ground allow me to turn sharply
snow-S-curve.jpg

As most of you know we have lost 18 1/2 hours of the forum so let's talk about this pedal switch again.

I walk like a duck... Like my father... Even my 22-year-old daughter has inherited some of that as well, much to her chagrin

my point is I believe this pedal switch will help me because of the way my feet naturally point and I believe I will be making this alteration on my MSuper

thanks so much for pointing this out to us... It is much appreciated

Actually, V2 distinguish front and rear by tire, and the pedals of V2 are rear recessed. Most of us riide V2 backward because the pedals looks more streamlined this way. I actuallly added the extensions of my V2 to the rear but I use them as front.

1 minute ago, zlymex said:

Actually, V2 distinguish front and rear by tire, and the pedals of V2 are rear recessed. Most of us riide V2 backward because the pedals looks more streamlined this way. I actuallly added the extensions of my V2 to the rear but I use them as front.

of course, i could just ride my v3 backwards first and see if i like it. i think i shall

appreciate your experience with the asymmetry of their pedals

5 hours ago, ydevl4b said:

extension pedals.

one ver.

IMG_2929.JPG

IMG_2930.JPG

two ver.

IMG_2934.JPG

IMG_2933.JPG

IMG_2932.JPG

IMG_2931.JPG

Is this a 1640Wh. Thats what I have and I love it;) I have a couple questions for you. Did you cut thepadding that came original on the v3

1- do the pedals make a big difference extended?

2- What is your range on a full charge?

5 minutes ago, swvision said:

Do you have a 3d file or a computer drawing of your pedal mod that you can share? I would really love to do that on mine. Excellent work!

how thick is that metal?  is that steel or aluminum? i'm sorry if i missed the answer to those questions earlier

well done

Archived