Are these the same boards ?

Budule

I'm looking at the Epikgo , Jetson and Halo Rover , $100 difference in price but they look the same , is one better somehow ?  Batteries maybe ?

any help for a first time buyer ?  (my son just got a Swagtron for his birthday but I'm a tad to big for it...)

@Budule I stand to be corrected, but I think it is unlikely you will find the expertise to answer that question here.

With so many short lived companies leaping on the Hoverboard bandwagon last Christmas few people know enough about the different brand names to tell you. Also, hoverboards have really settled to being toys as they are not practical for actually going from A to B or even having fun in the local skatepark, so ownership tends to be short lived and there are not many experts around. Unlike electric unicycles which are safer, faster, actually very practical to commute on and can hold their own with the skateboards as well. You would have got reems of answers if you had asked about the merits of different brands of the them!

The one piece of advice I can give is that batteries are a significant part of the cost. The fires, etc, last Christmas were mainly crap batteries and/or crap chargers, both keep the price down. Good quality batteries from a good Japanese manufacturer (Panasonic, etc) can easily add $100 to the price, (and $1000's to your peace of mind!) obviously higher capacity will also add price, providing they are still good batteries.

Archived