How to archive / download / save one's own contributions?

I'd like to have a local copy of all my contributions to this forum. Is there a preferred / recommended way to do this?

The only semi-practical way I'v come up with so far is to go to the profile page, then choose the "see their activity" tab and save that page as html. Then use wget -r -l 1 <file.html>  to suck up all the referenced pages, and repeat that for each page of activities if there are more than one. Seems to work, but I'm not sure whether this might be frowned upon by our higher ups?! Is there a better way?

8 minutes ago, RenaissanceMan said:

I'd like to have a local copy of all my contributions to this forum. Is there a preferred / recommended way to do this?

Not that I know of.

9 minutes ago, RenaissanceMan said:

The only semi-practical way I'v come up with so far is to go to the profile page, then choose the "see their activity" tab and save that page as html. Then use wget -r -l 1 <file.html>  to suck up all the referenced pages, and repeat that for each page of activities if there are more than one. Seems to work, but I'm not sure whether this might be frowned upon by our higher ups?! Is there a better way?

Whatever works as long as it doesn't slow the server to a crawl.

Archived