RockWheel GT16

Chronic

16x2.125

This fact comes from owner and videos.

They are still working on updating it. May be available end of April. But, definately Summer. Will opt for the highest battery capacity. I am not the only one ordering this Lamborghini!

• 2 months later...
On 2/28/2017 at 0:51 PM, Mono said:

When I use the word suspension I usually mean a system that includes spring(s) and damping. I wouldn't know a better word for it, but I am happy to learn, non-native speaker here. Suspension in this sense is standard technology, invariably includes damping and usually doesn't bounce the payload off the carrier.

Yes! I just had this discussion with a coworker.  The higher speeds, it almost makes sense to have a  'magnetic damper' like you see in the performance cars.

In this case, to give you 1-2" of travel.  The force could also be energy returning as well (and drive up the technology price i'm sure).

I don't think there is enough battery to make it realistic though,  not until carbon nanotubes hits large scale manufacturing, or if they find another way to make superconductors at room temp. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:blink: Yikes that was a bad wipe out near the end.  It looks like he was trying to accelerate when he saw thr hoverboard rider, and then all went tumbly.  Low battery + high acceleration = kiss the asphalt?

St. Petersburg, a daily trip to work 17 km in 32 minutes. At the end of the route I saw a man riding a gyroscope. I wanted to drive past him with a breeze so that he was blown away)) As a result, he passed the wheel. The effect is expected, because I exceeded the claimed by the manufacturer Rockwheel GT16 speed of 45 km / h before the trip, raising the limit to 50 km / h. Despite the fact that at idle the wheel spins up to a speed of 60 km / h, the power at high speeds begins to fall sharply. In my case, at a speed of 45 km / h, I continued to accelerate, which led to the inevitable drop in spite of the fact that before that I fixed a speed of 47 km / h with the phone in my hands.

Here you go :) 

Archived