GW Msuper3 charger heat

5 minutes ago, EUCMania said:

My msuper 3's charger is too hot to touch for over 10 seconds. Is this normal? My NB1 charger is just warm when charging.

Yes, that's normal. All the Gotway chargers get very hot.

Just now, EUCMania said:

Maybe use two chargers in parallel can reduce the load of each charger?

I wouldn't worry about. If for some reason you don't like the heat consider buying the fast charger from @Jason McNeil (Ewheels). It charges in half the time and has a built-in fan so it runs much cooler. Yes, I have one.

Gotway used to use 2A charger with build-in fan just like every other brand. 

My 5A charger(with build-in fan) is not hot at all.

Using two chargers in parallel will not reduce the heat for each charger at all, it just doubling the charge current from 1.75A to 3.5A.

Edit: Using two chargers in parallel may reduce the heat after all, because the charge time is halved.

5 hours ago, zlymex said:

Gotway used to use 2A charger with build-in fan just like every other brand. 

My 5A charger(with build-in fan) is not hot at all.

how often do YOU use YOUR 5A charger?

when using it i wonder how much HOTTER the BATTERIES are compared to the 1.75A supplied charger?

23 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

how often do YOU use YOUR 5A charger?

when using it i wonder how much HOTTER the BATTERIES are compared to the 1.75A supplied charger?

About one in every three charges. I'm don't let the charge unattended, the 5A charger will finish charging before I go to bed.

The batteries are not hot at all when 5A charged because each battery is charge only at 1.25A(4 parallel).

The battery packs are a bit warm after the charge light turns to green and keep charging for 2 hours, the balancing circuit is functioning during that time and produce some heat, and the heat produced are the same on both chargers.

I too was surprised by how hot the charger got, but it's OK - it doesn't catch fire, or rather hasn't done so far :) 

I suppose any charger that has to work for 6 hours at a go is going to get a bit toasty.

1 hour ago, zlymex said:

About one in every three charges. I'm don't let the charge unattended, the 5A charger will finish charging before I go to bed.

The batteries are not hot at all when 5A charged because each battery is charge only at 1.25A(4 parallel).

The battery packs are a bit warm after the charge light turns to green and keep charging for 2 hours, the balancing circuit is functioning during that time and produce some heat, and the heat produced are the same on both chargers.

fascinating and very useful information for me

thank you SO MUCH for that

i greatly appreciate it

Archived