1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Any chance we can get rid of all those black and white smilies and go ? to just the regular set of smilies?  The extra ones seem to slow down both iPhones and Android phones making posting on mobile a bit glitchy.  ?

I agree with you. I'm always having to scroll through all of those to get to what I want.

What's interesting is that at work, they are black and while icons, but at home, on my PC, they are colorful icons and look different. I still never use them. EDIT: Actually, I do sometimes use the thumbs up type icons: ? ?, etc. But does anyone need icons of buildings or pizza slices?

So :thumbup: for dumping the ? icons

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I agree with you. I'm always having to scroll through all of those to get to what I want.

What's interesting is that at work, they are black and while icons, but at home, on my PC, they are colorful icons and look different. I still never use them. EDIT: Actually, I do sometimes use the thumbs up type icons: ? ?, etc. But does anyone need icons of buildings or pizza slices?

So :thumbup: for dumping the ? icons

But I ❤?

11 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Any chance we can get rid of all those black and white smilies and go ? to just the regular set of smilies?  The extra ones seem to slow down both iPhones and Android phones making posting on mobile a bit glitchy.  ?

What black and white smilies are you talking about?

8 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

What black and white smilies are you talking about?

The first 8-blocks of the new smilies all appear as monochrome images when viewed from certain devices, including my work PC for some reason.

They are inconvenient (even if they didn't appear as black and white images on many devices) because they all appear at the beginning so we have to scrolled past them all to get to the most used smilies when we are posting.

Is it possible to change the order in which they appear? Place them all after the original set and then we won't be inconvenienced during just about every post, yet we can still access them when needed.

Weird on my Android phone they appear in colour, but on my PC they are black and white.  There is a skin tone selector on iPhone.  In any case, maybe going back to the original set plus the ones I found might be best since it was working good before?  Don't fix what's not broken?  It's just to load the huge number of extra smilies there is a noticeable lag and the iPhone gets glitched sometimes.

?

2 hours ago, John Eucist said:

I still don't know what you're referring to. Can you take a screenshot of those bad smilies?

Here's a couple of screen shots for you. Hope this helps.

Smilies2

Smilies

I changed the "black and white" (although it was in color on mine) ones to "Twitter Style". Let me know if this is better. I have no option to put the custom ones on top. I can, however, delete ALL of the "Twitter Style" emojis completely but I think they might be useful as they are "standardized" and commonly used across the internet. Let me know.

Example of Twitter Style emojis: ??????????‍♀️??❤️?

Okay, how about trying to remove all the emoticons in catgetories Activity, Travel and Places, Symbols, and Flags while leaving the rest to see if that's better.  I think the problem on mobile devices is that they aren't as fast as PC's so the large number of emoticons that need to be processed slows the phone down.  On my iPhone 6 I tap the smiley icon, and it takes like 5-6 seconds for the pop-up window to appear, and it locks up the screen so you can't scroll or anything.  You have to wait until the emoticons load up.

9 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Okay, how about trying to remove all the emoticons in catgetories Activity, Travel and Places, Symbols, and Flags while leaving the rest to see if that's better.  I think the problem on mobile devices is that they aren't as fast as PC's so the large number of emoticons that need to be processed slows the phone down.  On my iPhone 6 I tap the smiley icon, and it takes like 5-6 seconds for the pop-up window to appear, and it locks up the screen so you can't scroll or anything.  You have to wait until the emoticons load up.

?

26 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Okay, how about trying to remove all the emoticons

17 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

?

Great idea! It was one of the big evolutionary steps for mankind to develop the alphabet and get rid of signs and pictures. And by now we are taking a big leap back with all this "smileys" instead of expressing ourselves with words ??

Edit : why did i use smileys in this post - why can't i find a head scratching smiley here...

They seem to load faster now, maybe 2-3 seconds.  I just noticed the category drop down at the top right, pick a category, say flags, and it scrolls very fast to that category.  That's on a laptop.  Works fine for me now.  Now that I know how to skip to the category I want,  I kind of like having so many options, even if I will never use them all.  ????⌨️???

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

garysmiley.jpg  Words without smilies would be like ice cream without sprinkles!  wish.gif  

Great ice cream needs no sprinkles *shiver* maybe some small pieces of roasted nuts - if anything at all...

That's maybe the same with words - depending on the "quality" smileys could help ?

On 8/3/2018 at 4:19 AM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Okay, how about trying to remove all the emoticons in catgetories Activity, Travel and Places, Symbols, and Flags while leaving the rest to see if that's better. 

No option to do that. It's either remove all or the way it is now. Try jumping using the "Categories" pulldown. Unless it's a HUGE problem I suggest leaving it the way it is now for a while.
PS. Get a faster phone. :whistling:

:blink:

:cry2:

:crying:

I vote for remove all!   Let's go back to the tried and true smiley set.  What's this Twitter stuff about anyways?  Isn't that for teenagers and Presidents?  It was working so good before!  Actually even on my Xiaomi Mi A1 there's some lag, and I think it's a pretty snappy Snapdragon processor.  I like smilies, but sometimes too much of a good thing is bad!  :efef927839:

If there are select ones that people really really want to keep it's probably possible to extract the individual GIF files and add them on to the old set.  Like the pizza and poo ones if people really want those.  I can put together a custom set if people tell me which ones they want.

18 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

LaeGKBq.png

FYI this is what the emoji settings screen looks like. Apparently the first set is black and white on THIS PC but not my other one.

All emoji are colorful on my pc now. (They used to include smaller b/w ones.) ? <- wasn't red before...

Archived